In reality, Miesha's BJJ is blue belt level

BJ Penn crosses the legs when he has the back all the time. Guess he's a fucking scrub.

WMMA.

I don't know if it's true or not but it got the job done nonetheless.

I know I shouldn't do it, but I still do.

I like how the TS responded to a post after this, but avoided this one completely. They must be blue belts.

And then TS also avoided this one.

7lZwLKc.jpg

Ronda need to teach that guy how to activate his hips and "hug" the arm - what a barbaric and prehistoric way to do crossover armbar...
He's about to go under the armpit I believe. Still didn't get the tap - vinny is a tough, crafty mofo.

The thing with actial fighting is split second decicions. Working as a bouncer in a in a bar was one of the best lessons I learnerd. Sure the man had me by 6 inches and almost 100lbs, and I'm 6"00 200 lbs. Getting picked up and slammed down is no fun.
I got lucky and ended up in triangle and just squeezed.
Luckily.
I thank my uncle. (A mixed matrist if anyone has seen, wrestling, kung fu , karate, jui jistu, boxing, kempo, any form of kick boxing) for making me fight my friends and cousins. I've seen the man straight kick man and he puked instantaneous. That being said....
Anyone who steps in deserves respect.

giphy.gif

I didn't really notice that, but her control is a tad loose and her hip movement isn't great for someone who is supposed to be a competitive brown belt.
I think womens' bodies just work differently in BJJ though.
Also, if you don't think an opponent will capitalize, you can afford to leave an opening in order to get the job done. Machida left himself open for a triangle once and had to fight it off. Waggney Fabiano (who has excellent BJJ) once left himself open for a triangle against a far less experienced grappler, and actually got tapped out by it.

Maybe her BJJ has improved since then, but I thought she was horrible in her fight with Ronda a few years ago.

Then again, a fight is very different from sport BJJ.

Back