In real life, how did fights between Chinese Martial Arts vs Japanese Martial Arts go?

lol

buddeh you can’t refute a fact.

It was not common but was blatant. In a shoe store in Kyoto, a chemist and convenience store in Tokyo. My wife (girlfriend back then) was there all three times, I had not been drinking. Most abusive was the convenience store worker (he did seem like he was on drugs and or have mental health problems tho).

I have been to places where the animosity towards whites was far worse, for sure. You can see my affinity for Japan was not affected via my other posts in this thread. But it happened and I wanted to know what TS had to say about it, not you.

So don’t @ me again you muppet.

Well,… you have plenty of “animosity” for you here at SherDog, and we don’t care if you are “white”!!
;)

How likely is it that TS is a huge anime nerd? I'm going with a 95% chance.

Bonus question: how likely is it that he watches hentai? I'm going with 100%.
Not-That-Theres-Anything-Wrong-With-That-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

Guys common, we are all supposed to be friends here!

I agree that its extremely hard to believe this behavior from the Japanese. They are super considerate and never act in a brutish manner. Of course bad people do exist in all cultures and walks of life. I don't see any reason why you would make it up. I assume it was bad luck on your part. But trust me bro, they are amazing people.

They are such a lovely human being and I feel like I can open up to them. I have met few bad ones who were females and very horrible people but the majority are incredible.

Years ago, I was having PTSD outside because of an extremely violent incident with a relative months back. I was in a state of torment and on the outside I looked like I was just some crazy skittish person who was in distress. There was a group of Kyokushin strangers that came out to make sure I was alright. They had a group photo and they insisted I would take part. I joined their class for a while. Now one can assume this was a way to get student but they didn't charge much and they were not some money dojo.

With other folks, I am always on guard, stoic and careful not to say anything that makes me sound silly. I act a bit of a goofball on these forums to get it out of my system a bit but in the real world I act serious and emotionless. But with Japanese, I can be self deprecating and it wont be used against me like I am a person who should be disrespected.

Too Late!!
;)

I think you can put alot of that down to the differing environments in both countries, espeically over the last century. In Japan there was very much a move to have their own effective prize fighting MA's equivalent to western boxing and wrestling were as in China MA's were shifted more towards being a cultural showpiece.

Generally in China you could argue MA's have tended to be suppressed and viewed as subservice for centuries, when the Manchu's took control in the 17th century they were often linked to Han Chinese nationalism and more recently when the communists took control linked to traditional values they were looking to suppress.

Yes good post. Yet the West is full of weirdo nerds who think their Dragon claw kung fu is an effective combat form.

I find this video to be very disrespectful because Japanese people are great human beings with great martial arts style and they were demonized to shit and we were made to feel like their style is inferior because of nonsense like this:

And I find these videos very disrespectuf because French people are great human beings with great martial arts style like la Savate & Le Parkour and they are demonized to shit and were made to feel like their style is inferior because of nonsense like this:

Vous n'aurez pas l'Alsace et la Lorraine,
Et malgré vous nous resterons Français ;
Vous avez pu germaniser la plaine,
Mais notre cœur, vous ne l'aurez jamais.

Last edited:
Popped up in the recommendation in the latest UFC content and it got me wondering, back in the day, did Chinese martial arts ever prevail against Japanese Martial arts?

I mean, we have judo, jujitsu and karate in MMA and in abundance. But rarely do we see Chinese martial arts in MMA and even in china, there is an MMA fighter who claims he sucks at MMA and yet kicks every person who practices Tai Chi or any form of Chinese Martial Arts.

I find this video to be very disrespectful because Japanese people are great human beings with great martial arts style and they were demonized to shit and we were made to feel like their style is inferior because of nonsense like this:

EDIT:

Sorry I am not in a good state of mind right now. I had no idea to offend. I have deep respect for Japan and their culture which includes martial arts. I feel that they are vilified a bit much for the past mistakes of their ancestors.

Not always the way chinese movies like to depict it....

Kyokushin is the most transferable TMA to MMA

Kyokushin is the most transferable TMA to MMA

Steve Jennum did surprisingly well with his ninjutsu which makes me flabbergasted as to why Chinese martial arts never held it's own.

American aren’t “very fond of them either” due to the beheading to POWs in WW2!
:mad:

Castrations etc etc as well.

If what TS is saying is true about Bruce Lee's movies (I can't remember exactly what he said and can't be bothered re-reading) then perhaps also Bruce and the producers were looking for a common enemy to try and gain some alliance / affinity with American audiences - as it seems this a key goal / dream of his.

What if he were “harassed” elsewhere, would he still be upset?
:confused:

The sad this is TS seemed genuine and came here looking for help / understanding. This place on the whole is a pack of cunts. Hopefully TS is ok and read a few genuine answers between all the witty (but cunty) responses.

I think it's as simple as to demonstrate it in MMA against top fighters. Like with Royce's GJJ, Lyoto's family style Karate, Rutten's and GSP's Karate, Petts' TKD, etc. Or what Cung brought with the sport Kung Fu. If there's no one to demonstrate it then up to this point it doesn't work, which can change.

Back