In real life, how did fights between Chinese Martial Arts vs Japanese Martial Arts go?

For the record I have been verbally abused and refused service in stores in Japan more than once just for bring a white man.

What are your thoughts on this TS?

Are you serious!?

The Japanese are great people. The bad ones I met have been tactful and polite. I got the hint as to not pursue the friendship. Its their consideration I respect. Decent enough to employ subtle ways of ending a friendship. This was the worse of the worse I met.

People these days forget about tactfulness and being courteous. Sure it might seem "fake" but understanding subtly is very important because it creates a cleaner interaction.

What was the deal with you being refused a service?

How did you bring a white man into the store Blanqua? Did you have him in chains? People can take offense by things like that.

Are you serious!?

The Japanese are great people. The bad ones I met have been tactful and polite. I got the hint as to not pursue the friendship. Its their consideration I respect. Decent enough to employ subtle ways of ending a friendship. This was the worse of the worse I met.

People these days forget about tactfulness and being courteous. Sure it might seem "fake" but understanding subtly is very important because it creates a cleaner interaction.

What was the deal with you being refused a service?

as you can see in my other posts, I loved it over there. I too think manners in a society make for a much nicer day to day life.

The deal was simply that I was white, those times... Anyways my point to you was / is that there are shitty people among the good people everywhere, every race, color & creed. It sucks your friend was harassed. But don’t let it get to you too much.

I say you're full of shit,...Japanese people don't behave that way, and showing racism to a 'gaijin' in public like that is unheard of,....maybe there's more to your story then you're telling. Maybe your white ass was drunk as fuck, which alot of white people are known to do in Japan, go to the convenient store, buy a six pack of beer, drink it in the park, and then become rude belligerent fucks, hobble back to the convenient store, and start cussing at the staff in rude ass Japanglish,...i've seen it,...but not the other way around like you're saying.

lol

buddeh you can’t refute a fact.

It was not common but was blatant. In a shoe store in Kyoto, a chemist and convenience store in Tokyo. My wife (girlfriend back then) was there all three times, I had not been drinking. Most abusive was the convenience store worker (he did seem like he was on drugs and or have mental health problems tho).

I have been to places where the animosity towards whites was far worse, for sure. You can see my affinity for Japan was not affected via my other posts in this thread. But it happened and I wanted to know what TS had to say about it, not you.

So don’t @ me again you muppet.

Guys common, we are all supposed to be friends here!

I agree that its extremely hard to believe this behavior from the Japanese. They are super considerate and never act in a brutish manner. Of course bad people do exist in all cultures and walks of life. I don't see any reason why you would make it up. I assume it was bad luck on your part. But trust me bro, they are amazing people.

They are such a lovely human being and I feel like I can open up to them. I have met few bad ones who were females and very horrible people but the majority are incredible.

Years ago, I was having PTSD outside because of an extremely violent incident with a relative months back. I was in a state of torment and on the outside I looked like I was just some crazy skittish person who was in distress. There was a group of Kyokushin strangers that came out to make sure I was alright. They had a group photo and they insisted I would take part. I joined their class for a while. Now one can assume this was a way to get student but they didn't charge much and they were not some money dojo.

With other folks, I am always on guard, stoic and careful not to say anything that makes me sound silly. I act a bit of a goofball on these forums to get it out of my system a bit but in the real world I act serious and emotionless. But with Japanese, I can be self deprecating and it wont be used against me like I am a person who should be disrespected.

Is this your friend?

climbing-harness-shutterstock_290476916-1024x683.jpg

lol

Sanda has been having a lot of success lately.

Guys common, we are all supposed to be friends here!

I agree that its extremely hard to believe this behavior from the Japanese. They are super considerate and never act in a brutish manner. Of course bad people do exist in all cultures and walks of life. I don't see any reason why you would make it up. I assume it was bad luck on your part. But trust me bro, they are amazing people.

They are such a lovely human being and I feel like I can open up to them. I have met few bad ones who were females and very horrible people but the majority are incredible.

Years ago, I was having PTSD outside because of an extremely violent incident with a relative months back. I was in a state of torment and on the outside I looked like I was just some crazy skittish person who was in distress. There was a group of Kyokushin strangers that came out to make sure I was alright. They had a group photo and they insisted I would take part. I joined their class for a while. Now one can assume this was a way to get student but they didn't charge much and they were not some money dojo.

With other folks, I am always on guard, stoic and careful not to say anything that makes me sound silly. I act a bit of a goofball on these forums to get it out of my system a bit but in the real world I act serious and emotionless. But with Japanese, I can be self deprecating and it wont be used against me like I am a person who should be disrespected.
While I applaud your sensitivity....cmon. You must be joking. You find it hard to believe there are any racist or bigoted assholes in Japan?

Anyway, you really should listen to Dan Carlin's Hard Core History 4 part podcast series on Japan. I can tell you're enamored with the culture (who wouldn't be?) and I think you'll love it. Beware, it's about 20 hours long. But the best 20 hours of your month.

Last edited:
While I applaud your sensitivity....cmon. You must be joking. You find it hard to believe there are any racist or bigoted assholes in Japan?

Anyway, you really should listen to Dan Carlin's Hard Core History 4 part podcast series on Japan. I can tell you're enamored with the culture (who wouldn't be?) and I think you'll love it. Beware, it's about 20 hours long. But the best 20 hours of your month.

Perhaps its my luck of the draw that has given me an inflated level of optimism towards the Japanese. I will check it out, Joe Rogan talks about Dan a whole lot and I love the Japanese culture because the people of Japan have been very kind to me.

Is the episode recent? Do I have to pay for it?

Co sign Hardcore history being the shit

Judo, jiu jitsu and to some limited extent karate can actually be used in a fight and are effective. Kung fu is a dance with weird unnatural movements. Especially the comatose flying koala bear with chop sticks style.

I think when you go back in history all martial arts of any country were more complete but then became more and more watered down as there were less local wars and more long range weapons like guns. Martial arts became reduced to competitions and thus became very watered down and focused on only certain elements such as strikes.

You'd have to favour Japanese martial arts because they were designed for practical use in the military. Kung Fu was mainly esoteric BS made by pacifist monks in temples.

Americans were still hating Japs back then :D. Next thread should be: Rocky Balboa vs Ivan Drago (to reflect how the enmity adjusted through the years).

I mean if you put the best Japanese judoka against some mystic
monastery chingchangchong-fu master, my money would be on a judoka any day.

Japanese are superior warriors, scientists, engineers, artists, lovers and a superior civilization in general.
Lmao at better lovers. The japanese currently have a fertility crisis and their working class is so lonley that they end up marrying anime sexbots or their plant for Gods sake. In Japan , the government is paying people to have kids, while in China, if u have more than one kid teh government takes it away, Kills it or integrates the child into their military. Those China Men reproduce like bunnies.

Back