In-Car CD Players

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
In my old car, I used to have a CD player that had a built in function on it, that when you turn the steering wheel, say left, the image of the car on the CD player would turn left with you. Now I know what model this was, it was the Kenwood KDC-W7031 but they don't make these anymore nor do they have anything similar. They told me it was a one off.

The only downside with this player, was that it didn't have a USB slot, you could only play CD's or listen to the radio. I got this player in 2006 and sold it in 2007-08 I believe so it's kind of out dated now. Anyway, the function I mentioned was awesome and it seems kind of odd that no other company would pick up on such an amazing feature.

Has anyone seen one of these? If so, do you know if there are any recent car CD players with this feature (also with a USB slot)? I would love to have one again in the car I have now, surely another company has made one.

Could I just ask why you think that is awesome? Don't mean to be rude or anything but why do you need a car moving on a tiny screen relative to your driving?

Is that really, awesome?

what the actual fuck?

that cant be the end of the story

I have a pioneer deck that has all kinds of little graphics. The novelty wears off in about a month. Resources used to produce graphics take away from resources to make good sound quality.

Could I just ask why you think that is awesome? Don't mean to be rude or anything but why do you need a car moving on a tiny screen relative to your driving?

Is that really, awesome?

I just thought it was awesome because it was well designed. They had three separate images you could use. A jet ski one that splashed into the waves. A hot air balloon one which was rather boring and the car one. I'm not sure how they did the car one, so I thought it was a great feature. I mean how the image on the screen was driving along and then you turn left or right and the image on the screen turns left or right and even if you slightly moved the wheel to the right, the car on the screen only moved a tiny bit to the right. But a big corner, the image would do a massive turn as you are in real life. I'm not sure what kind of sensor that was, but it was amazing.

i dont think they sold that deck in the us atleast under that model. i could be wrong...

it was a gimmick feature heres the kenwood description:
■Kenwood's unique 'G-Analyser' is an acceleration sensor built into the radio. Front and lateral G force readings can be continuously shown on the radio display, as well as linked to a displayed digital stopwatch to make vehicle performance timings

hqdefault.jpg

I couldn't find anything like it still on the market.

Cute trick, not practical though...

In my old car, I used to have a CD player that had a built in function on it, that when you turn the steering wheel, say left, the image of the car on the CD player would turn left with you. Now I know what model this was, it was the Kenwood KDC-W7031 but they don't make these anymore nor do they have anything similar. They told me it was a one off.

The only downside with this player, was that it didn't have a USB slot, you could only play CD's or listen to the radio. I got this player in 2006 and sold it in 2007-08 I believe so it's kind of out dated now. Anyway, the function I mentioned was awesome and it seems kind of odd that no other company would pick up on such an amazing feature.

Has anyone seen one of these? If so, do you know if there are any recent car CD players with this feature (also with a USB slot)? I would love to have one again in the car I have now, surely another company has made one.

you can almost assuredly add an RCA input to it....if the kenwood deck has a CD changer control option you definitely can.

i've worked in car stereo for over 10 years and have never had a request for this, much less had it demonstrated by a salesman or something. i think you're on your own here....

I just thought it was awesome because it was well designed. They had three separate images you could use. A jet ski one that splashed into the waves. A hot air balloon one which was rather boring and the car one. I'm not sure how they did the car one, so I thought it was a great feature. I mean how the image on the screen was driving along and then you turn left or right and the image on the screen turns left or right and even if you slightly moved the wheel to the right, the car on the screen only moved a tiny bit to the right. But a big corner, the image would do a massive turn as you are in real life. I'm not sure what kind of sensor that was, but it was amazing.

I'd invest in a computer that plugs into the cars computer if you like that stuff

LOL. This guy is a clown. Tape decks is where its at.

Back