My Kids found this in an old CD Case this weekend

I hated it from the moment it was released so I never listened to it for like 30 years but a couple years ago I decided to give it a listen on Spotify, figured I'd probably like it now since I appreciate several albums now that I didnt like back then
Nope, still hate its guts
Did you like "Check Your Head"?

Dude... tragic

Wouldn't mind seeing a Beastie Boys tour again. It was gut punch when he passed.

But in way I'm glad they won't be having to jump around and try to recreate their shows at 55 years old.

Yeah New Edition did a reunion tour a few years back and a few songs in Bobby Brown was huffing and puffing and just said fuck it and walked off the stage to catch his breath.

Did you like "Check Your Head"?

I tuned em out after Pauls Boutique because thats when California rap started flourishing and I was All In on that but I did buy the one that came in a cigarette pack style case in the late 90's because I was going to a lotta raves at the time and their music was a part of that scene, dont remember anything about that actual release though

Yeah New Edition did a reunion tour a few years back and a few songs in Bobby Brown was huffing and puffing and just said fuck it and walked off the stage to catch his breath.

I went to New Editions tour in '22 and '23, in '22 Bobby Brown was a hilarious disaster, desperately trying to keep time with the rest of the group in their nonstop dance routine and failing miserably which hurt his entire singing performance too

In '23 they worked it correctly, the rest of the group would come out and do a few songs and dance routines and then they'd bring out Bobby to sing one of his hits and then he'd go backstage to rest while the others did a few more songs and then brought him back out again, it went on like that all night long and it was a much better show because of it

I just bought a new record player this weekend lol. It's funny, I'm always impressed when I go into record stores and see all of the people half my age in there buying records.

Usually, they're buying new records though by newer artists and don't really care about the specifics of the pressing, the rarity, the nuance, etc. Which is fine, it's just good to see them buying them. I'm more old school in that I look for first and rare presses and very particular things when buying mine.

What really made me do a double take was when I was at the Public Market here and some dude had a booth set up, and was selling music, including cassettes. I had to ask and the dude was like yeah, kids are buying cassettes and walkmans now because of Stranger Things. WTF, one t.v show can bring back an entire form of media.
Give it another 20 years and those Phil Collins and Kenny Loggins cassettes you had everywhere are probably worth $200 a piece!

Unlike records, cassettes don't keep their sound quality. Vinyl will keep its quality forever if you don't let them get scratched.

Cassettes are garbage
You're not wrong. The only thing cassettes may be collected for is their album art and compact packaging. And to show future generations how to rewind with a pencil!

That's awesome, TS.

Was that the Ill Communication tour?

Awesome to see The Roots on that ticket too!

I remembered finding Ill communication from a stack of old CDs and started laughing when I was listening to Heart Attack Man

DsrQaYr.jpeg

One of my girls has gotten into Beastie Boys and was wanting to listen to my CD's even though we have Spotify

I totally forgot I had hidden this inside the CD case almost 30 years ago. So many memories... $22 seemed like a lot back then... hahahaha

I was a poor Engineering student at CU, working as a server and sharing a 3 bedroom apartment with two other dudes. Driving a shitty 85 Honda Civic hatchback that would break a motor mount every 3-6 months. The guys at the small mechanic's shop would reweld it for me for a 12 pack of Coors Light. It took them about 10 minutes max.

I'd know the motor mount would break because a fuse would blow. I kept several spares in the glove box. I'd replace the fuse and usually it would last long enough until I made to the mechanic's shop, as long as I didn't hit any hard bumps.

I sold that car to a cook at the restaurant for $200.... when I upgraded to a 93' Honda Civic that cost my $3,000. My first financed car.

Yes, that silly concert ticket brought all of that back in a rush.
I have to say, I like your style.

Back