In All Honesty, UFC 191 Isn't That Bad Of A Card.

The match us arent interesting to me.

The title fight is mandatory

Co main is weak, Andrei deserves a title shot.

Rumble shouldn't be fighting anyone out of the to 10

The first two fights of the main card actually make the most sense.

Jimi is ranked #7

AA deserves better than Mir

VanZant/Chambers is a weird ass fight. Lets take VanZant who TKO'd Curran and have her face the chick that got whopped by Curran until a flash sub. Not hating on Chambers, but for real?

It would only be weird if the UFC wanted it to be particulary competitive. This card has one purpose: bring in veteran fans / former fans and introduce them to the people UFC wants to market. This works best if Arlovski, Rumble, and PVZ all win, with the potential jackpot of Dodwon winning too.

Wasn't Cejudo vs Benavidez supposed to be on this card as well? I thought they'd save Cejudo for the fight night in Mexico, and I'd rather Benavidez be kept away from interesting young challengers personally. But I do remember reading that fight was on.

Wasn't Cejudo vs Benavidez supposed to be on this card as well? I thought they'd save Cejudo for the fight night in Mexico, and I'd rather Benavidez be kept away from interesting young challengers personally. But I do remember reading that fight was on.

Supposedly this fight got moved to an October event.

It's looking better for sure, people just bitched because it was unfinished and people like to bitch. It's a fun card.

No one cares

Their first fight was fun, this one will be as well

Everyone knew Andrei or Miocic were gonna get it so either way a deserving fighter was going to lose out on the shot

Manuwa is top 10

ok

Within the last two days, we've gotten a co-main event and an improved feature fight for UFC 191. When this event was first announced, many talked it down saying it was a terrible event but personally, I'm not mad at the card, I like the fights that make up the PPV, we don't have any announced prelims yet and we lost Benavidez-Cejudo which was postponed til an October event but I'm not mad at this PPV at all. It isn't the best, but certainly not the worst. I'm looking forward to it. What do you guys think of the card now that it looks like the full main card is announced?

Main Card:

Mighty Mouse vs. John Dodson II -FlyW Title Fight
Andrei Arlovski vs. Frank Mir
Rumble Johnson vs. Jimi Manuwa
Francisco Rivera vs. John Lineker
Paige VanZant vs. Alex Chambers

Prelims:

Joaquim Silva vs. Nazareno Malegarie

Decent title fight. Arlovski v. Mir is great. Rumble v. Manua = Meh and same with the last two.

It would only be weird if the UFC wanted it to be particulary competitive. This card has one purpose: bring in veteran fans / former fans and introduce them to the people UFC wants to market. This works best if Arlovski, Rumble, and PVZ all win, with the potential jackpot of Dodson winning too.

Good point. I'm still stuck in the perspective capacity of competitiveness throughout, which is weird enough because I've been watching MMA for 10+ years. One would think I could, or would, discern spectacle over competition - such is the ebb and flow of today's MMA.

With the 2 new fights singed it a great card. And people should give more credit to the main event, we dont always get the clear #1 vs #2 guy in the division.

Decent title fight. Arlovski v. Mir is great. Rumble v. Manua = Meh and same with the last two.

Rumble/Manuwa I love, guaranteed KO here and striking fight

It's got a flyweight fight as a main event and a women's fight on the main card. It's a terrible card just because of that.

It looks a lot like the last Fight Night card.

Oops take that back, forgot AA-Mir got added to this card. Its not that bad now...

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone mentioned this but Joseph Benevidez vs. Henry Cejudo is also on the card!!

EDIT: My bad just found it got moved to October

To me, that would be a great free card, but not good enough for a PPV. People will hate on me for this, but I just can't get into flyweight fights... The skill is there but I keep thinking back to when I used to wrestle at 130 lbs in 8th grade.

Then again, the UFC is having so many PPVs lately that the quality of each has gone down quite a bit...

Needs one more big fight IMO oh ya and less MM can't stand watching flies swat at eachother for 25 mins. MM is just soooo... Ughhh should be headlining prelims.

Arlovski is the only guy I really care to see, and let's face it: him fighting Mir is a guilty pleasure fight and nothing more. It's also a spoon-fed matchup for Arlovski.

I'm also fucking tired of UFC giving its sacred cows ridiculous bounce-back matchups to keep them relevant. Johnson v. Manuwa? Terrible stylistic matchup for Jimi. I'm not paying for that shit. God forbid the UFC give Rumble a dangerous matchup like Rashad, Bader, or even OSP. Nope, hurry up and schedule him a squash match right away to keep him marketable.

I understand the UFC is a business, but this type of crap hurts its legitimacy as a sport. Rumble vs. Bader is the right fight to make, if you're running a real sport.

Cormier-Bader and Johnson-OSP are the right fights to make, IMO.

Oh well, at least Manuwa is a better opponent than Blachowicz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back