In All Honesty, UFC 191 Isn't That Bad Of A Card.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Within the last two days, we've gotten a co-main event and an improved feature fight for UFC 191. When this event was first announced, many talked it down saying it was a terrible event but personally, I'm not mad at the card, I like the fights that make up the PPV, we don't have any announced prelims yet and we lost Benavidez-Cejudo which was postponed til an October event but I'm not mad at this PPV at all. It isn't the best, but certainly not the worst. I'm looking forward to it. What do you guys think of the card now that it looks like the full main card is announced?

Main Card:

Mighty Mouse vs. John Dodson II -FlyW Title Fight
Andrei Arlovski vs. Frank Mir
Rumble Johnson vs. Jimi Manuwa
Francisco Rivera vs. John Lineker
Paige VanZant vs. Alex Chambers

Prelims:

Joaquim Silva vs. Nazareno Malegarie

I think it's an awesome card. That's 3 potential JUST BLEED type of fights in just the main card.

I like it. The worrying thing is its 5 weeks away and there's 5 fights planned. The top 3 fights are all potentially exciting and if you can't get up for them, you're watching the wrong sport

I like it. The worrying thing is its 5 weeks away and there's 5 fights planned. The top 3 fights are all potentially exciting and if you can't get up for them, you're watching the wrong sport

Yeah the main card is good but with it being 5 weeks out I'm not expecting much out of the prelims unless they move some fights from other cards.

Arlovski and Rumble make the card. PVZ on the main card? lol

I like it now. Maybe I'm one of the few but I really look forward to the main event.

Arlovski and Rumble make the card. PVZ on the main card? lol

I'm not mad at it. The UFC is obviously trying to build her up to be a star in the new division. Her first 2 fights in the UFC were very entertaining.

2/10. no interest in this fight card. i'll save my $60 for another ppv.

It's a very bad card by the standards of a UFC PPV. Good card by other standards.

Lineker at 135 will be good.

Mir v Arlovski, get in!! Come on Mir!!

Rumble v Manuwa is gonna be fireworks!

Cheering for Dodson to break up the monotony of the FLW division.

Rivera vs Lineker is on the prelims.

Is it? With not many fights announced I can see them moving it to the main card. Too good of a fight to not be on the PPV although making it the FS1 main event would be a good business move to pull in some more last minute buys.

It certainly looks alot better now that AA vs FM and AJ vs Man is on the card.

It's a very bad card by the standards of a UFC PPV. Good card by other standards.

I would argue that the current standards for UFC PPV cards have declined to the point that this is actually a 6/10 these days.

Why would you say that?

It's got a title fight, likely a #1 contender fight (especially if Arlovski wins), winner of Rumble v. Manuwa is probably another fight or two away from a title shot.

I don't think it's a huge card but it looks good to me

2/10. no interest in this fight card. i'll save my $60 for another ppv.

It's way better than 2/10. Dodson is never in a dull fight, rumble and manuwa will definitely throw down and arlovski v Mir is a great throwback fight with both guys having recent wins in exciting fights.

Add in Rivera v Linekar and the momentum behind PVZ, I really don't see how this is a weak card. It's not exactly stacked in the way 189 was but to say it's weak is way too harsh. I'm definitely in!

Blachowicz is staying on the card as well apparently, who could he face? Maybe Rampage?

It's a good card, some fights I'm excited to watch. Much better than 190

I would argue that the current standards for UFC PPV cards have declined to the point that this is actually a 6/10 these days.

Nah, it's still a flyweight rematch as the main event and nothing great on the undercard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back