Imo Sean Brady is a legit contender

A lot of people wrote him off but his loss to Belal aged really well

I tend to agree -- his cardio really impressed me seeing as how he gassed against Belal and kinda got tired against Chiesa when they fought. I wonder what the difference was against Burns. He fought a very grueling style for 5 rounds and looked fine.
He pushed the pace very well against Gastelum too.

I think he has been training with Felder or something... and Felder is doing triathlon stuff Diaz bros style.

Eh Shavkat is like the welterweight charles oliveira with a better chin and worse submissions. Exciting fighter but vulnerable to an elite grappler with defensively sound striking. We haven't seen Shavkat against an elite grappler yet
Predicting he suits shavkat is a pretty brave claim

Yah, Belal was and will always be a tough matchup for Brady, Belal's better on the feet and good enough to neutralize Brady's grappling. I do think Brady will be a problem for whoever comes after Belal assuming that its not Brady
Belal won't be a problem for long he's a 36 year old ww.

Eh Shavkat is like the welterweight charles oliveira with a better chin and worse submissions. Exciting fighter but vulnerable to an elite grappler with defensively sound striking. We haven't seen Shavkat against an elite grappler yet
Brady is a small WW, Shavkat is a pretty big one. It would be very hard to control Shavkat while being clearly smaller

I think he beats Ian, but idk about him beating Shavkat, JDM, or Belal in a rematch.

His striking isn’t good at all ….. Yawn Brady is a complete bore

How has he shown any vulnerability?

Brady is a small WW, Shavkat is a pretty big one. It would be very hard to control Shavkat while being clearly smaller
That's true. Brady did struggle controlling chiesa late into the fight but he did control Craig Jones who would be a middleweight or light heavyweight. I wouldn't be surprised either way

He has a win in grappling over Craig Jones, that is certainly legit and by itself is really bad news for other grappling based MMA guys. Should he be able to get the elite strikers down to the mat and keep them there, they are in trouble, serious trouble. Of course that is a big if. I'll say he is a serious contender if he learned anything from the Belal fight. He certainly should have.
Wasn't bjj and no leg attacks. Not really relevant. Proper bjj Craig would take limbs home

Great performance for Brady here showing his elite grappling and more than servicable striking. I have him beating Garry and JDM and giving Shavkat a unique challenge with his grappling. I've always thought his biggest weakness was cardio, but his cardio has looked really good this fight.
Imo his next fight should be a title eliminator against Garry, JDM, Usman, or Shavkat

Extremely underrated he is

I'd bet my Sherdog account in a heartbeat if the admins would let me that Khamzat would beat Brady.

Dude went life and death with the corpse of Michael Chiesa. Got saved by the bell. That was when I knew there was a highly likely chance that Brady was not champ material.

Still a fan of Brady but Khamzat is unquestionably the better fighter, having watched both.
It's a silly bet to make unless Khamzat proves he can make 170 again.

Back