Imagine actually thinking that Mendes took Conor down but Khabib wont. L O L

2018 conor hasn't fought in almost 2 years. ..
he does have a HELL of a lot more experience and training with his already top tier hands

got that money mayweather rub on him

who knows if he'll be even more dangerous and accurate now

Just asking, but did you get the fast twitch muscle conclusion from Zahabi on Rogan's podcast? I think there could be some truth in that, but Zahabi was also talking about how Conor couldn't improve his cardio in the time frame from when the second Diaz fight was announced to the original fight night and said the same thing when it was rescheduled. I find it odd that Zahabi would say that.

Romero would be another fighter I'd say that has fast twitch muscles and his cardio has improved a lot - but he's a bit more measured and paces himself. I think in the 4th round of the Conor and Diaz fight - Conor caught Diaz with some big punches that Diaz ate well and people tend to forget Diaz didn't do a whole lot in that round.

The name of the game is evolving and I think Nurmagomedov will see Conor as no threat on the ground and he's had the guts of 2 years to work on it along with other parts of his game, so if he gets him down, he might need to be careful there.

Nurmagomedov admitted he doesn't like doing the media - what fighter does - but this is going to be on a different level and I think that those extra requests to do interviews on fight week when they're cutting weight could have an affect on Nurmagomedov and drain him.

Romero's energy management/fight pacing, whatever you want to call it has improved a lot more than his cardio.

Well, Conor today (providing the break didn't have an effect) is like 5x a fighter he was against Mendes.

Now....does that matter for what you're saying? Probably not.

But often people go into extremes, so wanted to remind them *shrug*

And will still knock Khabib clean out under minute. It will take about 1-5 exchanges & that's all she wrote.

You are entitled to your opinion. Its possible. Keep in mind Conor was unable to finish Diaz (twice) and Holloway and neither presented any real grappling threat to him. Khabib has demonstrated a pretty solid chin so unless conor can one shot KO a guy about 30 pounds heavier than Aldo, I'd say he is in for a rough night.

Its arguably the best MMA adapted wrestler at lightweight we've ever seen in the history of the sport fighting one of the worst MMA grapplers in the division.

Conor has a punchers chance, and that is real, but Conor's power didn't translate fighting a larger guy in Diaz, who fought him for 7 rounds with essentially complete impunity. Diaz got dinged and even dropped but he was never in danger of being stopped. It's a different thing than fighting much smaller featherweights.

He has freaky power in his left hand no doubt about it but I have a hard time believing he can stop the take down.

A factor worth considering though, is that Mendes is significantly a better striker than Khabib and mixed his grappling with his striking well against Conor. Khabib has shown very bad striking habits that I would be surprised Conor can't exploit come fight night.

Imagine imagining every scenario of what could happen and then it happens and the scenarios were wrong and then imagine all the where are the hater threads.

Conor now is tree hundred times the wrestler he was against Mendez.

Imagine actually thinking that Michael Johnson almost knocked Khabib out but Conor wont. L O L

Same logic.

Except what you’re saying didn’t even come close to happening. OP is silly and meaningless, Chad did take Conor down. If it helps you sleep at night saying MJ almost knocked out or even stunned Khabib go ahead. Just know it didn’t happen.

Didnt most the FWs manage to get him against the fence at one point or another?

Wasnt him and Max engaging a lot there?

Im not sure what Khabibs gonna do closing the distance early in the fight but if he can crowd Conor and get him against the fence in the 1st round I think it favors him winning dramatically

All we can do is wait and pray daily that this fight will actually happen. We all should know by now that in the MMA world as each day passes, it's one less day of someone pulling out until they actually step in the cage. I'm hoping the UFC secrectly has some healthy fighters on standby. Ideally Ferguson since he would be the perfect sub the fans want to see for either fighter.

Mendes is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. His initial shot is much better than Khabib's for example. But he's much smaller and not as heavy on top.

If Khabib gets Conor down he's in BIG trouble, but Khabib is often reckless forcing the clinch, he needs to be careful.

If Mendes took Conor down, you can be assured Khabib will get a takedown and the fight will be over right then and there.

Imagine realizing that Mendes fought Conor at 145, and Conor is bigger at 155. Now imagine realizing that Conor has greatly improved his TDD and ground game since that fight. Now imagine having the IQ to realize that Mendes shoots power doubles, which are easier to land on a striker than Khabib's pressure --> sweep/trip takedowns.

Khabib's takedown style is totally different than Mendes. Khabib is going to rush straight into a left hook closing the distance for a takedown.

I watched the notorious Netflix documentary the other day

I believe conor struggled with his tdd vs mendes due to his knee injury and opponent change

I’m not saying he won’t get taken down by khabib but inthibk he’ll look much better in that department compared to the mendes fight

I don't see people arguing he won't take Conor down. The argument is that Conor could catch Khabib coming in for the takedown and KO him. Every round starts standing, so he has multiple chances assuming he doesn't get finished on the ground first. Also, Chad was TKO'd by Conor, despite being able to take him down at will, so there's that.

Imagine being as smug and condescending as TS, while simultaneously being so ignorant of the fundamentals of the sport you follow that you think Mendes and Khabib have the same wrestling styles. L O L

If Mendes took Conor down, you can be assured Khabib will get a takedown and the fight will be over right then and there.
imagine thinking Conor had fully functioning knees in the Mendes fight lol

Also Mendes has a much faster shot

Back