Imagine actually thinking that Mendes took Conor down but Khabib wont. L O L

Im a huge Khabib fan.

But at this moment Conor is wining (?).

Please Khabib let those tiramisus aside.

now, imagine actually thinking Ngannou couldn't KO Stipe, but Cormier will L O L

am i doing it right?

Mini Mendes has better takedowns, a lower center of gravity and does not hold his chin up in the air.

I think Khabib is going to win too but this is not sound logic.

1. Conor apparently did have some sort of knee injury going into the fight
2. Khabib's wrestling style is totally different to Chad Mendes'; Mendes is known for his explosive double leg whereas Khabib isn't elite in that regard (MJ stuffed most of his double legs fairly easily and so did Al). Where Khabib does excel however is the clinch, and nobody in MMA is better in those positions than he is because of his extensive Judo/Sambo background.

I think the low single will be the deciding factor in this matchup, as McGregor utilises a very wide karate-like stance and that lead leg will be easy pickings for Khabib to grab onto.
This. I’m rooting for Conor but just the main fact that Dennis Siver was able to take Conor down with just a low single leg makes me really concerned.

You can’t make an argument comparing Mendes power double leg who is imo top 3 in the UFC (GSP’s the best and it’s a tie between Blaydes and Mendes in pure technic with Brock as a third just because he uses most brute force) with Khabibs takedowns. Khabib is not a wrestler, he is a Sambo/Judo fighter. That’s a big difference.

Mendes was able to pass at will even though he was so undersize. Conor's physique is terrible for BJJ and he will get murked really fast on the ground. The thing is, his muscles aren't stringy, not at all, they are filled up with water and explosive. His big frame for waist ratio makes him clumsy over the shoulders and makes his center of gravity weak when he doesn't have leg support under him.

Imagine creating the same thread over and over again. Then imagine thinking that thread was original. #sad

If Mendes took Conor down, you can be assured Khabib will get a takedown and the fight will be over right then and there.

LOL!! Yeah keep on dreaming son...that ragdolling is coming

al-iaquinta-ufc-fight-night-55-video.jpg

Averages 5 takedowns per 15 minutes

Scrub level am I right?
This is a textbook level Strawman argument. Learn from this, boys. One day you'll feel the urge to make one, remember this thread and you won't look like an idiot. Thank me later, my friends.

This is a textbook level Strawman argument. Learn from this, boys. One day you'll feel the urge to make one, remember this thread and you won't look like an idiot. Thank me later, my friends.
Strikes absorbed per minute only 1

You know why that is? Because all his opponents are always on the back

and the fight will be over right then and there.
How do you figure this? Why will it be over right then and there?
Conor has displayed a lack of heart in the past. He will give up when he's dragged into deep waters.
What's this based on?
he turns into a total pussy when things don't go his way, theres no way he shows the heart that johnson or barboza did.

??? Guys just say stuff when it comes to Conor lol. I don't agree with this and yet people say it like it's some widely accepted truth.

He only has a 44% TD success rate for a reason.

Yeah for 2 reasons.

1. He attempted over 20 takedowns against a juiced to the gills Tibau and didn't get any, that throws the stats way off.

2. He chains takedown attempts, he'll chain together 3 all in one go and land the last one so it'll say 1/3 when in actuality he still took you down

If Mendes took Conor down, you can be assured Khabib will get a takedown and the fight will be over right then and there.

yet, the fight ended in under 2 rounds...and remember, conor has a badly injured knee and didn't make much effort in his tdd...

Imagine citing a fight that Conor won in under two rounds as a reason why he's going to lose.

Avoiding the takedowns and ground game of Khabib is Conor's way of winning this fight, time to hire some olympic wrestlers to prevent this catastrophe from happening.

FEEL Conor will get exposed worse then wht Nate did to him. Conor has displayed a lack of heart in the past. He will give up when he's dragged into deep waters.

Of course this came from a white belt...but lets dig into this incredibly stupid statement...Got exposed? he's a 2x different weight class world champion...the time for him getting exposed was way back when he fought pourier...that time has long since past..."he will give up, when dragged into deep waters? like he did in the rematch with nate?? when he went all 5 rounds and put an ass whoopin on him...winning the 4th round and winning the majority of the 5th and final round..that fight took alot of heart...

Back