I'm still having trouble processing all of this

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Conor decapitated Cowboy.. Ok fine. I (like most of us) anticipated that. Hats off to him.

But, now we're being force fed this narrative that
A - Conor simply wasn't motivated, prepared, or focused before (vs Khabib) which is an out right LIE. He literally posted pictures every other day of training and his physique and Conor and his coaches said he looked better than ever and was well prepared.

B - Now that he beat Cowboy, according to Dana he's also not only deserving of an immediate LW TS again, but he also has proven to be ready and deserving of basically any WW fight, including a TS in that division.

Not only is Gaethje getting fucked, but now he can simply skip over guys like Woodley, Edwards, WB, who have paid their dues in their division and get a shot at gold there.

I'm not bashing Conor and I appreciate the number of eyes he's brought on the sport and the money he generates, but it's hard to come to terms with the fact that he's being allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants and skip over guys who have dedicated their lives to MMA and to become the best and have strung together victory after victory to rightfully be on the cusp of being a champion.

McGregor has essentially hijacked the sport and tbh, my feelings are hurt.
<DCrying>

Its spitting on the face of this entire sport and it's dignity.

Yes it is bullshit.

But it's nothing new and has been going on forever.

I'm done being upset over it and I'm just going to enjoy fights.

Don't lose any sleep over it. Regardless what happens we're going to get some fun fights.

Yes it is bullshit.

But it's nothing new and has been going on forever.

This is how we UFC son!
Not to this extreme.
Its one thing to be a champ and get a shot at another division, but we've reached totally new heights of complete bull shit as Conor can get as many TS as he wants consecutively.

Not to this extreme.
Its one thing to be a champ and get a shot at another division, but we've reached totally new heights of complete bull shit as Conor can get as many TS as he wants consecutively.
I'm sorry but let me remind you of Faber, frankie, hendo, and the list goes on of undeserving contenders. It is what it is.

Conor decapitated Cowboy.. Ok fine. I (like most of us) anticipated that. Hats off to him.

But, now we're being force fed this narrative that
A - Conor simply wasn't motivated, prepared, or focused before (vs Khabib) which is an out right LIE. He literally posted pictures every other day of training and his physique and Conor and his coaches said he looked better than ever and was well prepared.

B - Now that he beat Cowboy, according to Dana he's also not only deserving of an immediate LW TS again, but he also has proven to be ready and deserving of basically any WW fight, including a TS in that division.

Not only is Gaethje getting fucked, but now he can simply skip over guys like Woodley, Edwards, WB, who have paid their dues in their division and get a shot at gold there.

I'm not bashing Conor and I appreciate the number of eyes he's brought on the sport and the money he generates, but it's hard to come to terms with the fact that he's being allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants and skip over guys who have dedicated their lives to MMA and to become the best and have strung together victory after victory to rightfully be on the cusp of being a champion.

McGregor has essentially hijacked the sport and tbh, my feelings are hurt.
<DCrying>

Its spitting on the face of this entire sport and it's dignity.

The WW narrative is just a marketing ploy, to further justify the LW title shot.

This shit is why I mostly just watch Muay Thai nowadays

I went to MMA because boxing sucked because of this shit and MMA was supposed to be better in terms of merit based match making

Now it's worse than Boxing

UnnaturalGratefulAntelope-size_restricted.gif

the only person he has a hope of beating is mas for the fake belt. both khabib and usman will crush him

Nothing new dude. Now that it's turning into Boxing it will be more about money than merit. Thats where fixing comes into things and extremely bad judging. Some think the UFC has bad judging?! Watch Boxing.

For the most part, the UFC is a sport.

However, we have exceptions where entertainment work their way in.

It's the nature of the beast. So enjoy the 95% of it that's for the most part legit matchmaking, if you can't allow yourself to enjoy these anomalies that come along from time to time.

Good luck if they’ll match him with Usman, Covington or Woodley. Realistically, I don’t think they have a long-term plan on fighting at 170. Maybe only Masvidal because once again, McGregor has no business against strong wrestlers at 170.

I trust that both Tony & Khabib can bring balance to the force.

All hope is not lost...

Nothing new dude. Now that it's turning into Boxing it will be more about money than merit. Thats where fixing comes into things and extremely bad judging. Some think the UFC has bad judging?! Watch Boxing.
Specifically the Floyd vs Conor fight.

I'd argue Conor won 7 of those rounds... but even if you can't see that... he VERY CLEARLY & without dispute won the first 3... but somehow the judges only gave Conor one round.

For the most part, the UFC is a sport.

However, we have exceptions where entertainment work their way in.

It's the nature of the beast. So enjoy the 95% of it that's for the most part legit matchmaking, if you can't allow yourself to enjoy these anomalies that come along from time to time.
Exactly and thats why people get frustrated with rankings. Like Yoel for example. TS coming off losses. In almost every other sport if your team loses the quarter finals by a point, they dont go to the semi's. No matter how much you cry. You certainly dont make the big show for losing both. The UFC doesn't give a fuck about how good someone actually is. It's about asses in seats and PPV numbers. Conor does both the best in the sports history.

Back