I'm still having trouble processing all of this

Floyd would not have to deal with what Conor did with Cowboy because after that shitty off balance initial left Floyd would have hit him 3 or 4 times.

Conor would beat Floyd in the cage--- but not on the feet.

The variables that exist in a fight are not what Floyd knows. He doesn’t know how to fight. Don’t you understand this? He literally doesn’t know how to actually fight.

Answer me this. If Conor McGregor decided he would stand back and simply chop the legs down of Floyd what the fuck is Floyd going to do? He has zero experience defending leg kicks. So what is he going to do?

Answer me this. If Conor McGregor decided he would stand back and simply chop the legs down of Floyd what the fuck is Floyd going to do? He has zero experience defending leg kicks. So what is he going to do?
Not ever take that fight i expect. But saying Floyd doesnt know how to fight is not right either.

Not ever take that fight i expect. But saying Floyd doesnt know how to fight is not right either.

It is 100% correct. He doesn’t know how to fight. He took full advantage of the rules of the sport. If he was in a cage he’s getting fucking murdered.

Specifically the Floyd vs Conor fight.

I'd argue Conor won 7 of those rounds... but even if you can't see that... he VERY CLEARLY & without dispute won the first 3... but somehow the judges only gave Conor one round.
Agreed. He clearly won rounds. But the judges did not want to award rounds to an mma fighter with no experience.

That is a possibility but I dont think Conor did any of that in this fight which is what we are discussing.

It is 100% correct. He doesn’t know how to fight. He took full advantage of the rules of the sport. If he was in a cage he’s getting fucking murdered.
Took full advantage? lol
Like Conor didnt know what boxing is when he signed up for it.

Took full advantage? lol
Like Conor didnt know what boxing is when he signed up for it.

And made him a lot of money. So I can’t fault him for that. But in a real fight obviously he dominates.

And made him a lot of money. So I can’t fault him for that. But in a real fight obviously he dominates.
Hating on the Sweet Science makes it hard to take you seriously.

He’s done it before. He chopped the shit out of the legs of Nate in the rematch.

He might pull it off with kicks but you mentioned this fight and i saw a shitty off balance left that would have gotten him hit-- a lot.

Hating on the Sweet Science makes it hard to take you seriously.

Specifically tell me where I am incorrect as far as being in a cage? Are you familiar with Floyd and his tactics? Most of that stuff is not going to work in a real fight. He stands in a position where he is rolling with a lot of punches. Up close in the clinch. Literally he’s open to like 20 different attacks in the cage.

Conor decapitated Cowboy.. Ok fine. I (like most of us) anticipated that. Hats off to him.

But, now we're being force fed this narrative that
A - Conor simply wasn't motivated, prepared, or focused before (vs Khabib) which is an out right LIE. He literally posted pictures every other day of training and his physique and Conor and his coaches said he looked better than ever and was well prepared.

B - Now that he beat Cowboy, according to Dana he's also not only deserving of an immediate LW TS again, but he also has proven to be ready and deserving of basically any WW fight, including a TS in that division.

Not only is Gaethje getting fucked, but now he can simply skip over guys like Woodley, Edwards, WB, who have paid their dues in their division and get a shot at gold there.

I'm not bashing Conor and I appreciate the number of eyes he's brought on the sport and the money he generates, but it's hard to come to terms with the fact that he's being allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants and skip over guys who have dedicated their lives to MMA and to become the best and have strung together victory after victory to rightfully be on the cusp of being a champion.

McGregor has essentially hijacked the sport and tbh, my feelings are hurt.
<DCrying>

Its spitting on the face of this entire sport and it's dignity.

Basically Dana needs to milk the cash cow until it's dry.

Conor delivers entertainment. Never has put up a boring fight if you think about it either.

He might pull it off with kicks but you mentioned this fight and i saw a shitty off balance left that would have gotten him hit-- a lot.

And Floyd basically has zero punching power. So what does that even mean?

He generates money and Dana is all about the money. And people watch him regardless. Win or lose, pretty much all his fights are entertaining....

Because he generates crazy money, he gets that ts immediately.

Also pretty sure dana really wanted him back. Maybe he promised him immediate titleshots?

I think most fighters wanna face him because of the big payday...

Also, remember Miocic? He was inactive for two years after losing his title... Got an immediate titleshot versus Cormier... Miocic refused to fight anyone else in that two years of absence.

Floyd would not have to deal with what Conor did with Cowboy because after that shitty off balance initial left Floyd would have hit him 3 or 4 times.

Conor would beat Floyd in the cage--- but not on the feet.

He could just kick the shit out of Floyd on his feet.

Most of that stuff is not going to work in a real fight. .
giphy.gif

Back