I'm still having trouble processing all of this

read it again slowly, "Oh I know Iaquinta was really good back in 2017. Since then hes 1 & 3 with his only W vs FKL"
He was really good in December 2018. Before that he only lost to khabib on short notice. So to pretend he wasn’t good through the end of 2018 is dishonest and disingenuous.

If you stop assuming it's a sporting the traditional sense it will make a lot more sense to you.

It's not a sport, its sport entertainment. Rankings dont matter, matchups only matter if they draw attention and views. The sport side of it is the fights. As far as we know that part is real but everything else is just the entertainment business.
Conor decapitated Cowboy.. Ok fine. I (like most of us) anticipated that. Hats off to him.

But, now we're being force fed this narrative that
A - Conor simply wasn't motivated, prepared, or focused before (vs Khabib) which is an out right LIE. He literally posted pictures every other day of training and his physique and Conor and his coaches said he looked better than ever and was well prepared.

B - Now that he beat Cowboy, according to Dana he's also not only deserving of an immediate LW TS again, but he also has proven to be ready and deserving of basically any WW fight, including a TS in that division.

Not only is Gaethje getting fucked, but now he can simply skip over guys like Woodley, Edwards, WB, who have paid their dues in their division and get a shot at gold there.

I'm not bashing Conor and I appreciate the number of eyes he's brought on the sport and the money he generates, but it's hard to come to terms with the fact that he's being allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants and skip over guys who have dedicated their lives to MMA and to become the best and have strung together victory after victory to rightfully be on the cusp of being a champion.

McGregor has essentially hijacked the sport and tbh, my feelings are hurt.
<DCrying>

Its spitting on the face of this entire sport and it's dignity.

He was really good in December 2018. Before that he only lost to khabib on short notice. So to pretend he wasn’t good through the end of 2018 is dishonest and disingenuous.

<YeahOKJen>

Yep and Izzy and Cringe are hand picking their opponents like it's WWE

Mayweather was allowing Conor, mate. He threw the fewest punches through 6 rounds he's ever thrown, and visibly held back from punching a wide open Conor.

Conor looked like he didn't even know the rules of boxing, but then again we've seen him commit multiple egregious fouls in mma as well.
Oh yeah, I am sure thats the way it went.
Kinda like Floyd did with Tenshin, right?

It was his first pro fight. You can't expect a man to know everything his first time.

If Conor really wasn't motivated, was drinking drugging and not training, was seriously hurt and still showed up, would any of the people that don't believe him now believe him? If he released the x ray of a broken foot, would that suffice?

The facts are Conor was shown off his rocker before the Khabib fight and after May, looking like he was drunk and on Molly in a club, totally out of his mind. The fact also is that people were ridiculing his physique and saying he looked like Chiesa's bum brother, looked horrible in his open workout where he kicked Roddy and sounded 'totally unhinged'. The fact he and his camp said he looked good should be no surprise, as that was their job. Even a Conor hater can admit there was a change in demeanor from then to this fight week

I get it, fight promoters will say stuff, its always ;the best he has ever looked', but when does verifiable evidence get considered and not get considered? This Conor seemed more happy to be there than anytime since Holloway, and as Dana said, Conor was in a dark place for a long time and he just did not enjoy his company. I believe him, and simply because the evidence and footage all supports this.

I get it, fight promoters will say stuff, its always ;the best he has ever looked', but when does verifiable evidence get considered and not get considered? This Conor seemed more happy to be there than anytime since Holloway, and as Dana said, Conor was in a dark place for a long time and he just did not enjoy his company. I believe him, and simply because the evidence and footage all supports this.
Okay, he wasn't motivated against Khabib, but the reason why is because he knew he was going to lose and get exposed. He wanted to numb his fear as well as give himself an excuse for losing. Now we go to where he's about to fight Cerrone, and now he's super motivated, living totally clean, completely focused, and ready to make his comeback against... An unranked fighter he had no real chance of losing against? He's motivated when he thinks things are going his way and unmotivated when he thinks they aren't. That's all there is to it. He's never going to be "motivated Conor" when his opponent is Khabib. That's not who he is as a person. He doesn't have the kind of fighting spirit to do what Poirier did, and give everything he has in preparation only to get dominated all the same. He always leaves himself a face saving out.

Okay, he wasn't motivated against Khabib, but the reason why is because he knew he was going to lose and get exposed. He wanted to numb his fear as well as give himself an excuse for losing. Now we go to where he's about to fight Cerrone, and now he's super motivated, living totally clean, completely focused, and ready to make his comeback against... An unranked fighter he had no real chance of losing against? He's motivated when he thinks things are going his way and unmotivated when he thinks they aren't. That's all there is to it. He's never going to be "motivated Conor" when his opponent is Khabib. That's not who he is as a person. He doesn't have the kind of fighting spirit to do what Poirier did, and give everything he has in preparation only to get dominated all the same. He always leaves himself a face saving out.
Are you implying that he was lying then or that he's lying now?

It's one of the other.

Are you implying that he was lying then or that he's lying now?

It's one of the other.
I don't think he's lying at all. Facing a strong opponent like Khabib propelled him to a "bad place", and facing a weak opponent like Cerrone put him in a "good place." Pretty standard bully psychology.

Back