I'm sorry, who exactly has Fitch beaten in the top 10?

so many stupid threads tonight, maybe it's over excitement with the 2 events this weekend

90% of the posts on these forums these days are stupid, its just another day.

The answer is none. Presently he has beaten none of the people in the top 10 of Sherdog's list.

consensus is not subjective at all. right now there is no question that guys like gsp, hendricks, diaz, condit, fitch, and kampmann are top ten.
right, top 5 is usually pretty unanimous (though not always), but after that plus the "worthy contendors" it gets a little hazy.
I mean is Diaz really top five right now? I wouldn't be so sure, same with Kampmann (though I hink he has more of an argument), is Rory MacDonald top ten right now? IMO no (though he's close), but many would argue that he is, some would say Askren hasn't faced enough top level competition to be even in the worthy contendors, but I would disagree

now I'll admit that I am working on memory (I haven't double-checked), but I'm pretty sure every fight that Fitch has won and lost against my top ten list (barring the Mike Pyle loss) has happened while both he and his opponent have been on Sherdog's top ten+"other contendors" list (Fitch has never left sherdog's top ten list as far as I can remember). Are they concensus top ten+"other contendors" IDK, that's a bit hazy, but they are on Sherdog's top ten+"other contendors" which is usually a pretty decent list and counts for something

as for the p4p fights, I'll admit that the fights he had against other p4p talents weren't necessarily while both fighters weren't in the p4p top ten, but they were fights against dangerous opponents
more context: Alves v. Fitch one: it may not have been total domination (and I'm not sure if they were both in the p4p top ten at the time), but it was still a win
same goes for Alves V. Fitch two (and don't discredit a fighter like Alves, who's always dangerous)
Fitch v. Penn, BJ wasn't in the p4p top ten at the time (IDK about fitch), but it was a highly controversial decision against a guy like BJ, who is always dangerous

GSP v. Fitch, I think both were in the p4p top ten at the time (I wouldn't swear to it though) and Fitch got landslided against the WW GOAT and showed a lot of heart in a very one-sided beatdown

The answer is none. Presently he has beaten none of the people in the top 10 of Sherdog's list.
he beat Erick Silva, who was on the "other contendors" part of the list if that counts for anything and he's scheduled for a fight with Maia who's also on the "other contendors" part of the list
he recently lost to Hendricks (top 10 at the time and now) and drew with Penn who was top ten at the time (I think)

PS: I may have been wrong about Pierce being in the WW top ten at the time he fought Fitch, so my mistake

he beat Erick Silva, who was on the "other contendors" part of the list if that counts for anything and he's scheduled for a fight with Maia who's also on the "other contendors" part of the list
he recently lost to Hendricks (top 10 at the time and now) and drew with Penn who was top ten at the time (I think)

PS: I may have been wrong about Pierce being in the WW top ten at the time he fought Fitch, so my mistake

All I did was check the current rankings. Is he a good fighter? Could he beat guys in the top 10? All good questions that TS doesn't really give a shit about.

The real question is besides GSP who has been better longer at WW and beaten more good guys?

Back