I'm sorry, who exactly has Fitch beaten in the top 10?

Jay Jay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thiago Alves is a good win. For sure. Fitch is at least top 10 in the division. But other than Alves, whose position in the division is questionable now, Fitch hasn't beaten anyone in top 10. Oh, he had a great win streak. So did Jason Reinhardt.

Are you saying that a draw with a punching-bag BJ (I love BJ, but let's not pretend that Fitch fought the same Penn that brutalized Sanchez) is worth more than beating the tarr out of BJ and defeating him decisively? Let's not forget Fitch got outwrestled by the smaller Penn in the first 2 rds of that fight. Is a back-and-forth grapplefest with Sanchez in which many feel Sanchez should have gotten the nod any more impressive than knockout of Paul Daley for the first time ever? Are ho-hum decisions over Ben Saunders, Akihiro Gono, and Chris Wilson worth that more than decisions over Marius Zaromskis, Hayato Sakura, and Evangelista Santos?

Erick Silva was solid as a win. But even he was and is an unproven commodity.

I'm not completely discrediting Fitch. I would probably bet on Fitch against Kampmann and Penn. But let's not pretend not like he's some WW jauggernaut until he records wins against great wrestlers in the division such as Ellenberger, Koscheck, Hendricks (re-match), DHK and even a WW incarnation of Maia

Sanchez n Paulo Thiago were top 10 at the time he beat them.

He only lost twice in his 7 years in the UFC racking up 14 wins. Pretty sure he's fought the top guys. AFAIK Alves is also in the top 10 when he fought him the 2nd time

Surprised there wasn't a "209 motherfuckers" at the end of the post

so many stupid threads tonight, maybe it's over excitement with the 2 events this weekend

Revisionist history<<<

His worse win at the time was Pierece, who has proven to be a solid WW at this point, who should arguably be top 5 in the division if it werent for two bad decisions.

Prior to the Condit fight, Rush said Fitch was the toughest fight he's ever had. I bet if you asked him now, he'd still say Fitch. Fitch is a motherfucker! He's among the very best at WW in the world. The only person I'd put money on against Fitch is Rush.

/scratches head, why make this post Fitch is a solid WW

What was the point of copying my thread almost word for word? Fitch isn't getting a title shot. You're accomplishing nothing with your cute little troll job.

Just a small recap on Fitch's career, Many things have forced him to fight lesser opponents, he has always seeked top 10 opponents.

Fitch went 6-0, Then got a top 10 guy in Sanchez, This is the path of a lot of guys.

He fought for the title soon after, Loses and fights Gono (rebound fight), Wins that and gets another top 10 fighter in Paulo Thiago.

He only fought Mike Pierce because his schedualed top 10 opponent Thiago Alves got injured. Wins that.

A whole bunch of swaps had to be made on UFC 111 in the 170lbs division that ended up with Fitch having to fight a lesser opponent in Saunders when was lined up to again fight a top 10.

Finally the fight with top 10 Alves takes place at UFC 117 which he wins.

Fought P4P at the time if not just top 10 WW after KO'ing Hughes, BJ Penn.

Lost to top 10 Hendricks.

Defeated top 10 on most rankings Erick Silva.

So as for who he's beaten in the Top 10 would be

Diego Sanchez
Thiago Alves
BJ Penn
Erick Silva
Paulo Thiago

5 top 10 wins is more than a lot of fighters.

Thiago Alves is a good win. For sure. Fitch is at least top 10 in the division. But other than Alves, whose position in the division is questionable now, Fitch hasn't beaten anyone in top 10. Oh, he had a great win streak. So did Jason Reinhardt.

Are you saying that a draw with a punching-bag BJ (I love BJ, but let's not pretend that Fitch fought the same Penn that brutalized Sanchez) is worth more than beating the tarr out of BJ and defeating him decisively? Let's not forget Fitch got outwrestled by the smaller Penn in the first 2 rds of that fight. Is a back-and-forth grapplefest with Sanchez in which many feel Sanchez should have gotten the nod any more impressive than knockout of Paul Daley for the first time ever? Are ho-hum decisions over Ben Saunders, Akihiro Gono, and Chris Wilson worth that more than decisions over Marius Zaromskis, Hayato Sakura, and Evangelista Santos?

Erick Silva was solid as a win. But even he was and is an unproven commodity.

I'm not completely discrediting Fitch. I would probably bet on Fitch against Kampmann and Penn. But let's not pretend not like he's some WW jauggernaut until he records wins against great wrestlers in the division such as Ellenberger, Koscheck, Hendricks (re-match), DHK and even a WW incarnation of Maia

Diaz fanboys out in full force

Just a small recap on Fitch's career, Many things have forced him to fight lesser opponents, he has always seeked top 10 opponents.

Fitch went 6-0, Then got a top 10 guy in Sanchez, This is the path of a lot of guys.

He fought for the title soon after, Loses and fights Gono (rebound fight), Wins that and gets another top 10 fighter in Paulo Thiago.

He only fought Mike Pierce because his schedualed top 10 opponent Thiago Alves got injured. Wins that.

A whole bunch of swaps had to be made on UFC 111 in the 170lbs division that ended up with Fitch having to fight a lesser opponent in Saunders when was lined up to again fight a top 10.

Finally the fight with top 10 Alves takes place at UFC 117 which he wins.

Fought P4P at the time if not just top 10 WW after KO'ing Hughes, BJ Penn.

Lost to top 10 Hendricks.

Defeated top 10 on most rankings Erick Silva.

So as for who he's beaten in the Top 10 would be

Diego Sanchez
Thiago Alves
BJ Penn
Erick Silva
Paulo Thiago

5 top 10 wins is more than a lot of fighters.

I agree with you, except he didn't beat BJ.

Back