I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on Cormier yet based on Hendo...

barnett , bigfoot , mir , nelson etc . the guy is a beast

Why was the Barnett win impressive? Please explain

Because it's Josh Barnett, and out of 17 years he's only lost to Cro Cop, Big Nog and Rizzo. DC beating Barnett the way he did was very impressive.

noone cares if your sold on cormier or not, hes next in line for the title and he will mop the floor with winnere of gus and bones, so take your unsureness somewhere else brah, no1 gives a fuck!

Because it's Josh Barnett, and out of 17 years he's only lost to Cro Cop, Big Nog and Rizzo. DC beating Barnett the way he did was very impressive.

That's a good point, but what has he done since those loses? He beat Yvel and Mir. I don't think that win for Cormier is the reason people should be convinced he's what people are making him out to be. I think he will be a great match up for JJ, but to get back to the point on the thread. I am not 100% convinced yet.

noone cares if your sold on cormier or not, hes next in line for the title and he will mop the floor with winnere of gus and bones, so take your unsureness somewhere else brah, no1 gives a fuck!

Obviously you do care if you want to post in this thread. Take you ignorance somewhere else and start a thread of your own.

personally i thought Barnett was going to be the guy to beat Cain. seeing DC slam him like he did, and control him was impressive.

DC beat rank #2000 coffee shop, now beating old man Hendo that was TRT-less and LHW and he's beating JOnes the GOAT LHW?

Jones automatic win by default. Eyepoke

i was sold when he beat pat. pat used to make him cry during practice. :icon_neut

Nothing against him, beating up Hendo like that is serious business and the guy is clearly elite. And he may be the real deal for sure, I'm just saying that as of now I'm not 100% convinced.

The only reason I say this is because of how he fought. Yes, he clearly was a better fighter than Dan Henderson, but he beat him with pressure and takedowns (mainly).

Well, so did Jake Shields, a natural welterweight. He took him down for 4 rounds and mounted him at will and just demolished him. Granted, no finish and no ridiculous slams but still...

Shogun also took him down a bunch, pretty sloppily at that.

Dan clearly has a problem with defending offensive wrestling and fighting guys with a style like this, especially later in his career. So, taking him down and beating him up in my opinion is certainly NOT proof that you can "take down anybody in the world", or can beat up Jon Jones.

I've seen some threads about how he'll easily be the champ (in 3 divisions, lol) and how he's gonna kill everyone at LHW with his wrestling...and maybe he will, but I don't think this victory is any evidence of that just as Jake Shield's wasn't evidence of how he would dominate 3 divisions.

What do you guys think, do you think that his victory over Hendo was evidence enough that he is a legitimate threat to JJ, or do you think it was a stylistic mismatch?

Dan is hard to guage now, he is well past his prime. He always has the big H bomb so is neer out of it but hard to imagine he is anywhere near as good as he was 5 years ago. Chael is no Cormier but Jones had no problem beating Chael with wrestling. He is so long that DC will take some damage coming in. It is a great stylistic match up. I wouldn't bet money against Cormier fighting anyone at any weight to be honest. Dana has a nice problem with 3 beasts who could easily fight each other twice more depending on who wins Bones/Gus then winner of that vs. DC.

If Hendo was younger but had the same skillset, the win by dc would have been more impressive, but it is easy to discredit wins over Hendo due to his age.

hendo's best wins have been in the past few years,. imho hendo now beats hendo then.

Back