I'm not a car fanatic, but I got a problem with ricers...

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MWB1982, Dec 25, 2012.

1. MWB1982

MWB1982 Green Belt

Just bought a Mustang GT and I swear, since owning the car, it has opened up a whole new world that I didn't realize existed!

Every where I fucking go, I get mobbed by Honda fucking Civics and Neons and Cavaliers, and any other shitty 4 cylinder rice burner trying to race me...

Is this real life? Are these guys for real?

I'm not trying to hate because I know some of you guys that post here are ricers just by sheer numbers and statistics... Definitely not trying to hate, I just don't understand and I'm a little annoyed...

What goes through your head when you see a guy like me? Why do you buzz your shitty little cars all around me trying to race? Why is it that when I pull up at a stop light next to one of you guys, why do you rev your engines like crazy then take off super slow while making loud fart noises all over town? Do you count those as wins? When I ignore you and you blast your shitty little car wide open as slow at it will go, does that count as a win for you?

OH MY FUCKING GOD LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T WANT TO RACE YOU!

2. Diktaattori

Diktaattori ★☆★☆★

Same thing happens when I pop to town with my Gallardo. #richmuthafukinproblems

3. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

what are you running? 5.0? which year?

although i'm not a fan this video is cool

and these are hilarious

then again I love a lot of japanese cars.. you've gotta respect ingenuity no matter what badge is glued to the bonnet

i'd kill for a good condition nsx, supra and r32

4. TheFirstEMP

TheFirstEMP Overdone and dry! Platinum Member

96 TT 300ZX. One day, hopefully.

5. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

ooo that'd be hard to find a clean one around

6. CardonaLJ**

CardonaLJ** Banned Banned

dude you should have gotten the ultimate secret burner. an old school ford taurus sho!

7. NetGeek

NetGeek Occupying Sherdog

A 1989 Mustang doing 210 miles and hour on the Texas Mile? Got to back up the Mustang on this Ford hating thread and try to do that in a hopped up Honda!:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKDnY2dn8hM&NR=1&feature=endscreen

And just for Mister Gallardo no Underground Racing Gallardo or Aventador or anyone else has ever done 266 on the Texas mile or at Dragtimes Russian mile ever and this was in a Ford.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxEwo7ySm4

1900 HP Ford GT retains stock block and heads!:)

http://www.gizmag.com/hofman-motorsport-heffner-performance-2006-ford-gt/15055/

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  8. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

ford gt is the fastest car on the planet -- hit a huge record at the space station

9. NetGeek

The thing that amazed me with this video is how easy he reached the speed. I have watched other cars doing over 240 miles and hour or over but this car made it look easy. I have watched others and the cars seemed all over the place. This car went about its business like nothing impressive.

EDIT: Just found the record 283 miles an hour at the end of the mile crazy!

http://features.rr.com/article/0fi471U12P3uy?q=NASA

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ing-ford-gt-sets-283-mph-standing-mile-record

[​IMG]

10. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

the american cars of hte last decade have been absolutely terrific

the corvette, viper, gt's and the new gt/mustnags and camaro's are awesome

that GT must have been engineered very well

11. NetGeek

If anything it shows the pushrod small block V8 and V10 still has lots of life left in them as others move to smaller blocks and cylinder deactivation. Even GM is sticking with the pushrod small block V8 for a short time, they said a year or two before CAFE standards force action.

12. goleta83**

goleta83** Banned Banned

Without reading, is your problem that the guys driving them are all complete toolbags? And drive like fucking assholes? And all feel the need to have the loudest most obnoxious exhaust system possible?

13. goleta83**

goleta83** Banned Banned

Fuck yeah dude I have been in love with those for a looking time. I will own one myself someday.

TS, I read your post.... hilarious thank you.

14. seatea

seatea Black Belt

Okay Google tells me that ricers are the US equivalent of boy racers. And yes they are twats. Fuck them and their stupid, over-loud exhausts that sound like a herd of dysentery afflicted elephants.

15. Stokanator

Stokanator ****STOKED****

Up until recently I have always owned an American sports car most recently being a 06 Corvette that was stock other then a CPU tune after I had the exhaust installed so I might have had another 30hp over the stock 400hp. I live close to ASU so there are a lot of college students wanting to race in their cars known to have much less HP. These people aren't wanting to race because they think they can win, they just want to see what your car can do.

16. FlowWithTheGo23

FlowWithTheGo23 Black Belt

Imports are so fucking lame. I used to have a Civic and loved it, but I never thought it was some badass car or anything. It was reliable, got good gas mileage, etc., but that's it. I was never under any impression that I was driving a Lamborghini or anything.

17. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

I know exactly what you mean...
    I'm not a motorcycle fanatic, I'm just two wheels only.
    The way car drivers seem to think they are in a performance vehicle simply because they paid 3 times as much as it costs for something that's actually fast... well actually it doesn't annoy me, it just makes me laugh.
    Not hating on cagers or anything though.

18. Kanster

Kanster Guest

My friends owns a Honda, the other day some fool on a new M3 raced him and lost.

Be careful who you call ricer because you never know whats under that hood.

19. UA34

UA34 Brown Belt

i have the same problem i drive a E90 and fucking ricers cant seem to stop revving their engines at me, im not racing my car that took hard work to get and 2 years of saving up, i take care of my baby. My old man owns a 05 996 turbo and he always gets harassed. One time this honda with the hood off wouldnt leave my old man alone when i was with him one day little shit kept following him around the freeway doing stupid shit trying to cut him off.

I hope one day a POS ricer pulls up to a Switzer tuned porsche with no badges and get put in its place.

20. slimybooger

slimybooger Blue Belt

Exactly,when I'm on my sport bike people want to watch you take off. I like watching people pull off when I'm in my truck thinking to myself yeah that guy is hauling ass.