Im going back to Reykjavik in May

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
I did a golden circle tour,and saw a few museums 3 yrs ago...but I'd like to know about other shit i could do.

I was only there for 4 days last time,and one whole day was spent on the tour. I also did visit Mjolnir MMA (Gunni's a good lad)

This time ill be there a little longer. Any tips?

Anyone know about the whale watching there? etc

2500x1250_dennis-van-de-water_shutterstock_reykjavik-and-iceland-highlights_the-cityscape-of-reykjavik.jpg

If I ever went to Iceland, I'd go and visit the place that Justin Bieber filmed his music video from.

If I ever went to Iceland, I'd go and visit the place that Justin Bieber filmed his music video from.
Ive been to the Vale from Game of thrones

game-of-thrones-filming-locations-iceland-14-1024x576.jpg

Take the ancient test for strength

Theres a thing there that you have to carry a rock of certain size a certain distance to achieve what was called "full strong" status back in viking times

Saw that shit on tv

One of my favorite places I've ever been too, the Blue Lagoon is worth a visit but we went there before the Hotel was finished so i don't know what its like since.

Did you get to see the Northern Lights on your first trip?

I did a golden circle tour,and saw a few museums 3 yrs ago...but I'd like to know about other shit i could do.

I was only there for 4 days last time,and one whole day was spent on the tour. I also did visit Mjolnir MMA (Gunni's a good lad)

This time ill be there a little longer. Any tips?

Anyone know about the whale watching there? etc

2500x1250_dennis-van-de-water_shutterstock_reykjavik-and-iceland-highlights_the-cityscape-of-reykjavik.jpg
yes all sherdogies are university taught in whale watching.

One of my favorite places I've ever been too, the Blue Lagoon is worth a visit but we went there before the Hotel was finished so i don't know what its like since.

Did you get to see the Northern Lights on your first trip?
Nah,I was there in august and didnt see it. Sun went down at 10pm i think?

Blue Lagoon ill prob wind up doin but Gahdahm its expensive. Still. Gotta do it.

Nah,I was there in august and didnt see it. Sun went down at 10pm i think?

The Northern Lights tours normally start around 8/9pmish so they can travel to spots that are great to see them. Think we waited 3 hours (1am ish) for them to appear but it was worth it, but research about taking pics of them as they dont always show up on cameras unless you have certain settings, luckily for us someone in our group shared a great pic from our trip and we now have a canvas of it in our hallway,

The south coast is interesting and probably within range of day tours from the capital, most obviously Skogafoss falls that you've probably seen on tourist promos which you can get as close to the bottom of as you want unlike Gulfoss but also walking on Myrdalsjokull glacier or the black sand beaches in Vik(were the start of Rogue One was filmed).

The Northern Lights tours normally start around 8/9pmish so they can travel to spots that are great to see them. Think we waited 3 hours (1am ish) for them to appear but it was worth it, but research about taking pics of them as they dont always show up on cameras unless you have certain settings, luckily for us someone in our group shared a great pic from our trip and we now have a canvas of it in our hallway,
I have the time,im gonna give it a shot

The south coast is interesting and probably within range of day tours from the capital, most obviously Skogafoss falls that you've probably seen on tourist promos which you can get as close to the bottom of as you want unlike Gulfoss but also walking on Myrdalsjokull glacier or the black sand beaches in Vik.
Been to the black beaches which were incredible. Only saw Kirkjufellsfoss as far as falls.

Been to the black beaches which were incredible. Only saw Kirkjufellsfoss as far as falls.

That's the one with the pointy mountain close to it isn't it? Gulfoss is on a lot of the Golden Triangle tours as its close to the Geyser area and the parliament/continental divide. I'd guess some south coast tours would do Seljalandsfoss as well which you can actually walk behind, going there in march the semi frozen waterfalls were probably my favourite thing in Iceland although a bit hazardous to get around, everthign near Skogafoss incased in about 6 inches of ice and icicles about 10 feet long forming and cracking off.

The Blue Lagoon(thermal pools from a power station outflow turned into a flash spa not a gay club from Policy Academy) is between the airport and the capital as well, maybe worth it to relax for a day.

One of my favourite countries. I was there in 95 for a week and i spent 6 weeks there in 2013 for work. So much to see i want to go back and spend a month there. I just love hiking and driving around.

Yep!

Thanks for the tips!

Seen that in about 1 million landscape photos as with Skogafoss. Good thing about a lot of these locations is IMHO the lack of controls/barriers, just depend on people being sensible unlike the US.

Decent tip for the blue lagoon would be don't get any in your mouth.

Back