I'm convinced Jones will hold HW gold!

We just have to wait and see,this is one of those things.
He needs to have a test fight and test the waters first.

Jones struggled against Gustaffson's wrestling so no way he could handle Cain. Cain would push him into the fence and Cormier is going to do just that at LHW. Jon is still a top 3 wrestler in MMA but there are weight classes for a reason.

Jones chiken legs will easily get exploited by a HW that can kickbox. Also after the Gus fight, I dont think JJ can take a hit from Cain like JDS did. And Cain is faster than Jon jones. The pressure would eventually get to him and he would get broken. Alot of JJs success is his huge reach advantage. The first fight where he doesnt have the huge reach advantage, look what happened.

Jones chiken legs will easily get exploited by a HW that can kickbox. Also after the Gus fight, I dont think JJ can take a hit from Cain like JDS did. And Cain is faster than Jon jones. The pressure would eventually get to him and he would get broken. Alot of JJs success is his huge reach advantage. The first fight where he doesnt have the huge reach advantage, look what happened.

LOL where do you people come up with this Cain being faster than Jones bullshit. What happend the first time Jones didnt have a huge reach advantage... he still found a way to win! cain has no where near the standup skills as Gus, two complete different fighters. Gus uses movement and striking, Cain spams take downs.

Jones struggled against Gustaffson's wrestling so no way he could handle Cain. Cain would push him into the fence and Cormier is going to do just that at LHW. Jon is still a top 3 wrestler in MMA but there are weight classes for a reason.

Jones and cain are about the same size bro. without a diet and cut to make 205 Jones easly comes in at 240 and is faster, stronger and has better cardio. what the hell make you think anyone is going to push Jones up against the fence for 5 rounds when has anything even remotely close to this ever happend?

Cain via absolute destruction and Bones being smarter than JDS and tapping out of the fight Round 1 :icon_lol: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Although I dislike Jones very much, when has he tapped like a b****? Your hatred for Jones is making you delusional.

Although I dislike Jones very much, when has he tapped like a b****? Your hatred for Jones is making you delusional.

I dont think u can call professional fighters b**** and blame them if they give up. That is a brutal sport and after watching jds leaning against the cage, without any emotion and only the fence holding him up, was fucking sad.

You refer to fighters tapping as "tapped like a bitch" yet you live in your moms basement and your only experience in fighting have been when bullies put you headfirst down in toilets at school, very amusing.

25 rounds hu?

Do you want to be a fucking fighter? Lol.

You know, with guys like Jones its so hard to tell if they reign supreme because of the fact that they stack themselves in a division they hardly fit in or if they're just that good.

If he faught Cain would he still show the same dominance or would it be even, or even worse because you now suddenly have someone that weighs the same and is of similar dimensions?

I dunno, I'm not really sold on Jones winning against Cain if he moved up, dude hardly got past Gustafsson.

Jones gets destroyed by any top 5 HW at the moment

Hehe, no but thanks for playing.

Jones could beat almost any of the HW's, hell I think he'd beat JDS at this point. But I don't see Jones beating Cain unless he really acclimates well to putting on some weight.

At heavyweight Jones would be severely disadvantaged.

He wouldn't even have a speed advantage because frankly he isn't that quick at LHW. Uses his kicks and "eye poke" technique to keep people on the outside.

He wouldn't have a strength advantage...At all.

His boxing is terrible, and you have guys like Cormier/Cain/JDS/Overeem who will literally punch him into oblivion.

He arrived at LHW at a good time, with a different style to confound old timers...And was fucked up by Gus.

What the fuck do you think JDS/Cain will do to him?

So Jones will not get tossed around by Cain? Yet Gus threw Jones to the ground in the first round and tagged him the whole fight.

Also Jones is gonna to eat shots that dropped JDS in two fights and survive that?

And how is Jones going to win? Oblique kick Cain to death? Or use his amazing KO power? Because he hits harder than JDS does, right?

No way. Maybe Jones beats Brown, Miocic, Nelson but against better guys like Barnet and Cain he has no chance. He should stay at LHW, I don't see why he should change. Maybe after few years when he can't cut that much weight anymore

Last edited:
Jones said that he wanted to prove his size advantage wasn't the reason for his huge success at LHW. We can all agree he failed to do that, right? Obviously there's more to Jones than just his size, but I don't see how you can be so confident about him at HW given his last fight at LHW. You might have think he won, but you can't deny the fact that with different judges the decision could have easily been different.

Funniest thing in this thread is how people still dont understand how good Gus is. People really shouldn`t discredit Jones because of that close fight, they just need to realize how wrong they were about Gus.

Hehe, no but thanks for playing.

Jones could beat almost any of the HW's, hell I think he'd beat JDS at this point. But I don't see Jones beating Cain unless he really acclimates well to putting on some weight.

Jones got lit up and beat to the punch by the first guy even near his size. JDS and Cain beat him in a way that makes Jones look like he's never fought before.

i might've given him a better chance until the guss fight.

jone's wrestling is a little overrated. it's certainly not better than cain's. And if cain is able to brutalize someone like jds like this, he can do it to jones too

I have always enjoyed your posts Natman.

You and I have always shared mostly the same opinion.

It's nice to know there's at least someone on Sherdog who isn't a mongoloid and see things objectively.

Funniest thing in this thread is how people still dont understand how good Gus is. People really shouldn`t discredit Jones because of that close fight, they just need to realize how wrong they were about Gus.

Exactly. Jones is just as good as we thought he was it just so happens Gus is almost that good too. Could Jones be HW champ? He'd crush anyone besides Cain and JDS. Against JDS he'd win most of the time while against Cain it could really go either way.

Back