I'm confused about the new UFC belt.

I was wondering if you still get a new belt with every win or defense?
Negative. The new belt will save money and also allow UFC to literally take back a belt from those who don't defend.

It's replacing the old one

Calling it the "legacy" belt is just marketing gimmicks
They can't really call a championship belt anymore because they won't be giving a new one after each successful defense, it's legacy belt now :rolleyes: they will add a tacky stone on the belt to simbolize each defense.

Negative. The new belt will save money and also allow UFC to literally take back a belt from those who don't defend.
How can they take it back? Or is it just one belt they pass along?

The current one looks cheap for a multi-billion dollar organization, but acceptable. New one looks like crap.

The new UFC belt is very fucking fugly. It's like those DVD/BluRay cases with all sorts of big holes to reduce the amount of material used. It also looks like some shitty entry level person designed it who's never seen any combat sports championship belts before.

Looks like some international soccer shit. But whatever.

legacy belt is the new belt. will replace old belts

they don't get a new belt for each defense; instead they get a little rhinestone added to the side of the belt

Looks like we'll find answers as titles are defended. Until then, the new design is just another insignificant thing for whiners to whine about.

I love your posts when you're being harsh, because I always hear an irritated Dwight Shrute voicing them.

Its a way to not have to give out a belt for every title defense. They get a $3.50 stone set for every defense. THe belt design is straight goofy af.

Some good questions in here

We might have to wait for answers though

Such as interim title and the "losing belt, then winning it back" scenario

So if a current champ gets the new belt does he get a ruby or whatever for his previous defenses?

Then I guess next they’re having million dollar belt, nWo belt, Stone Cold belt, etc...

It looks like a fucking toy belt.

I said it looks like part of batman's suit too. Rubber also looks like a cars floormat.

It did look better when showed on espn for some reason. Looks like garbage in pics and the promos.

What belt will be on the tables at pressers prior to title fights??? Before the current Champs defend.

I think the new Battlestar Galactica belt is for all divisions because they were gonna introduce it for UFC 232 before the road show took place...

UFC belts have got worse and worse. The old ones are the still the best, then it got much more plain with the UFC modern belt, and now this one is even worse.

Back