I'm Afraid We Will be Stuck With Usman For a While

You know, I'd never really known anything about Colby other than the cringy paying models to pose with him shit. The retarded MAGA shit and getting hit with a boomerang by Werdum.

I looked up his record and honestly... what's special about this guy? Colby is basically a noone. How did he even get an interim title?
Beating Maia then RDA I believe.
Edit. Beat Maia then the RDA fight was for the interim IIRC. If neither of my statements are correct then I’m an idiot.

Well it's not going to be Maia vs Woodley type of stuff, times change so those the mma scene. It will be interesting to see who develops a new way to beat the champ.

I don't see yet. Kamaru Usman's striking is not yet on the level where he can win with it if the opponent resists the takedown.

A better Robert Lawler or Prime Johnny Hendricks type of fighter could give Usman problems.
The problem is there are no prime Lawler and Hendricks on the current roster.

If Woodley got taken down at will, who do you think could offer better resistance in the wrestling department who also has great striking?

Colby is an arguably lesser version of Usman. Askren is another great wrestler with abysmal striking.

Tbh as much as much I dislike Colby, he would at least bring excitement in the trash talk department. Regardless of how cringe he is.

I don’t find Colby remotely exciting. His trash talk is worst of all time bad and I would much prefer a champion who shuts the fuck up.

Looking at the current WW division, I can't find any clear fighter which I would pick over Usman.

With the dominant performance Usman displayed against Woodley, i'm afraid no one on the current roster really has what it takes to beat him.

And unfourtunately for us, he doesn't seem to be interested in fighting very often. Recently mentionning in an interview that he only plans on fighting by the end of the year.

Not to mention he's as boring of a fighter as it gets.

Can you guys imagine having Usman as champ for the next 3-5 years?

vyJNH5W.gif
Wonderboy maybe.

He negated Woodleys wrestling for the most part and Usman doesn't have the punching power of Tyron. I don't think I would bet on it though.

I would rather have Usman be champion than a cartoon character like Covington.

Covington is so fucking horrible to listen to man, it's like someone is pouring diarrhea into your ears hearing him speak. So forced, so dumb, so unoriginal- it's shit, just shit.

Give me real people, that's what I want.

The problem is there are no prime Lawler and Hendricks on the current roster.

If Woodley got taken down at will, who do you think could offer better resistance in the wrestling department who also has great striking?

Colby is an arguably lesser version of Usman. Askren is another great wrestler with abysmal striking.
The context is "I'm Afraid We Will be Stuck With Usman For a While" If GSP is the standard, then we are talking about 10 or so title defenses which is 5 to 10 years. Usman is currently 32 years old. So, I will bet against him dominating for "a while."

Wonderboy maybe.

He negated Woodleys wrestling for the most part and Usman doesn't have the punching power of Tyron. I don't think I would bet on it though.
True. I could see Wonderboy giving him trouble with his unique style.

But he just got knocked out by Pettis and at 36 i'm afraid his best years are behind him.

Looking at the current WW division, I can't find any clear fighter which I would pick over Usman.

With the dominant performance Usman displayed against Woodley, i'm afraid no one on the current roster really has what it takes to beat him.

And unfourtunately for us, he doesn't seem to be interested in fighting very often. Recently mentionning in an interview that he only plans on fighting by the end of the year.

ityno different than when woodley and gsp were champs. me boring himself said all that matter is WINNING.

is did come out of the woodley fight hurt so what wrong with him getting healthy before a return.

vyJNH5W.gif

the only time the WW division had an exciting champion since Matt Hughes was when Lawler had the strap.

GSP, Woodley, Hendricks were all point fighters once they got the belt.
Lawler and Condit are the reasons why WWs are so wrestle heavy as no one wants to bang with those two.

The context is "I'm Afraid We Will be Stuck With Usman For a While" If GSP is the standard, then we are talking about 10 or so title defenses which is 5 to 10 years. Usman is currently 32 years old. So, I will bet against him dominating for "a while."
When did I say "A while" = as long as GSP?

By a while I meant it could be a few years (Like Woodley) Or until someone new with the right skillset makes his way to the top 10 which could take some time.

GSP isn't the standard, he's the exception.

True. I could see Wonderboy giving him trouble with his unique style.

But he just got knocked out by Pettis and at 36 i'm afraid his best years are behind him.
Yeah I did consider that but Usman isn't Pettis and WB hasn't really taken a huge amount of damage in his career.

Pettis may actually be interesting too with his new less reliant on space style combined with how slick he is off his back but I definitely wouldn't bet on that one, lol.

Fear not, for Mystic Lockard predicts that Usman will lose his next fight (to Colby), since he is on a 14 fight winning streak and anyone who's smart enough to know numerology knows that the majority of the time that's when a fighter loses.

Does the same thing to Tyron again

Already smeshed RDA

Masvidal has a punchers chance.

Askren gets smashed

Darren Till isn't getting close to the title anytime soon

Thompson just got KTFOd

Pettis has a punchers chance

Ponz has punchers chance

Luque has a punchers chance.

I don't like anyone's chances unless they get land that lucky punch, otherwise he justs wears them down and takes them down. He is the heavy favorite in every fight.
Good analysis but not sure Askren gets smashed. he might but I dunno. he has the best chance of beating him IMO

Ppl say that all the time. Yet the guy hasn’t even defended one time. A few months ago Woodley was the GOAT, etc, and blah, and so on. There are so many names I could list right now...

This is fucking mma. I know that. Do some of you?

You know, I'd never really known anything about Colby other than the cringy paying models to pose with him shit. The retarded MAGA shit and getting hit with a boomerang by Werdum.

I looked up his record and honestly... what's special about this guy? Colby is basically a noone. How did he even get an interim title?
I think he won it in a fight

vyJNH5W.gif

Sorry if you can't handle a black WW champ. Go cry to GSP!!!

I would pick Colby over Usman anyday. They have similar skill sets but Colby's cardio is fucking limitless. He can wrestle in top Gear for the entire 5 rounds. Usman won't be able to match his pace. He'll gas and give up in the third.

Beating Maia then RDA I believe.
Edit. Beat Maia then the RDA fight was for the interim IIRC. If neither of my statements are correct then I’m an idiot.
You are correct on both statements

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back