I'm Afraid We Will be Stuck With Usman For a While

Same style as GSP? Where are his highlight reel explosive takedowns? That's GSP's bread and butter and Marty can't do it.
Both extremely dominant decision wet blanket fighters he's closer to GSP than DC or Khabib. DC has stand-up and Khabib has better subs and GnP.

Retired GSP has more threads and discussion than the next two fight cards. Why? He's retired ... gotta let him go man ... and it's not just you.

the only time the WW division had an exciting champion since Matt Hughes was when Lawler had the strap.

GSP, Woodley, Hendricks were all point fighters once they got the belt.
Yeah.. Lawler was fun to watch. I don't like the guy but he was a super exciting champ.

I enjoyed GSP fights because he showed a lot of skills. It was pointfighting but from the point of view of technique and gameplan it was good to watch.

Usman is just a one dimensional blanket. And I agree with TS.. nobody is beating him. It will be fun to see him put a beating on Colby.

Colby is going to smoke this chump!
giphy.gif

There’s leveling to the pressure game. Colby will do to usman what he did to Woodley.

Usman has better striking, but Colby pushes a harder pace, and arguably has better grappling.

Should be a good matchup.
Good luck with Colby trying to pressure Usmans big ass. RDA took Colby down twice, Usmans top game seems suffocating.

I would not define his trash talk as excitment. It's like listening to a slow yet angry 12 year old white nationalist.
Tbh as much as much I dislike Colby, he would at least bring excitement in the trash talk department. Regardless of how cringe he is.

Does the same thing to Tyron again

Already smeshed RDA

Masvidal has a punchers chance.

Askren gets smashed

Darren Till isn't getting close to the title anytime soon

Thompson just got KTFOd

Pettis has a punchers chance

Ponz has punchers chance

Luque has a punchers chance.

I don't like anyone's chances unless they get land that lucky punch, otherwise he justs wears them down and takes them down. He is the heavy favorite in every fight.
Lawler could do it. If he makes it through 4 rounds.

The fighters I see beating him or "challenging" him stylistically can't or probably won't surmount enough victories to get a titleshot. Wonderboy comes to mind.Colby is almost a mirror identical fighter of Usman so that's a 50/50 to me imo despite what most think,you also have to equate "anything can happen in mma" Pettis who never knocked out anybody with a punch knocks out a person who's never been knocked out period in WB so Usman getting emotional over Colby and getting clipped isn't out the realm of reality. Finally his last win was super dominant but I was more displeased in Woodley than I was impressed with Usman.

Usman can outwrestle anyone including Colby or Askren (Marty is much stronger and bigger than Askren). Even Marty have better striking than Colby or Ben.
If Usman can improve his game especially his striking he can be the champ for the long time. His cardio is amazing.

You know, I'd never really known anything about Colby other than the cringy paying models to pose with him shit. The retarded MAGA shit and getting hit with a boomerang by Werdum.

I looked up his record and honestly... what's special about this guy? Colby is basically a noone. How did he even get an interim title?
He is pretty overrated, I would say. Testament to his personal promotion skills. He'll probably los his next fight and that will be it for him. But if he gets a big fight and gets paid, good on him.

Looking at the current WW division, I can't find any clear fighter which I would pick over Usman.

With the dominant performance Usman displayed against Woodley, i'm afraid no one on the current roster really has what it takes to beat him.

And unfourtunately for us, he doesn't seem to be interested in fighting very often. Recently mentionning in an interview that he only plans on fighting by the end of the year.

Not to mention he's as boring of a fighter as it gets.

Can you guys imagine having Usman as champ for the next 3-5 years?

vyJNH5W.gif

To be fair this fear is at the core of the 170 divisions identity.

If he can't fight before the end of October, strip him with immediate effect. He should be defending this summer

Back