"I'll Take My Whooping from GSP, Take My Money and Go Home"

"...I'll Take My Whooping from GSP, Take My Money and Go Home..."

Nick Diaz.

Seems ludicrous that we are prepared to pay (some of us anyway,) to give Diaz a nice paycheque. My dilema is that I always want to see GSP fight but don't want to support this crap.

Well it is a psyche statement. Nick isn't going to go out there and not fight. That is all he knows. Please go and have a fight and try not to fight for your survival.

At least the guy is being honest. Whom of the WW's have a shot at beating GSP? Only ones with a good shot are Hendricks and thats about it I think. until Erick Silva works on his wrestling a bit more and grappling.

not you of course

seriously, is no one else picking up on the "fuck all of you" style of sarcasm diaz has at press conferences? cmon now guys, this is getting silly

Wow old quote and diaz didn't actually mean he's gonna take a butt whooping.

His meaning for it is irrelevant as the whoopin is still on it's way. The only question is whether or not Diaz will even show up

Thank goodness nobody cares what any of you think. That's all.

Diaz isn't coming to win.

Jobber attitude.

Dana may not like that comment
I think so too, Dana probably thoughts what was this guy thinking, " How do you hype up a fight and keep the fans interest with that kind of attitude" LoL :)

Better start the mental preparation already so he doesn't have to quit the sport after the beating like last time.

Diaz is an idiot. I say cancel this fucking fight if he is only after a paycheck. I'm sure hendricks would step up.

Better start the mental preparation already so he doesn't have to quit the sport after the beating like last time.

This must be a joke..... Condit hardly won that fight.

And obviously Diaz is being sarcastic towards all the people saying he'll take a beating.

Not to mention this quote is from more than a year ago and before the Condit fight anyways

Last edited:
This must be a joke..... Condit hardly won that fight.

And obviously Diaz is being sarcastic towards all the people saying he'll take a beating.

The beating was psychological. He said he would retire, he wanted to quit the sport, then he later gets suspended and no title shot after he ruined his first chance. Now I know he may not care, but when he acts like he does, he is paying for when he acted like he didn't.

pretty much what's going to happen. Diaz has no business being in this fight.

Remember that he said that and the thread that followed.

The term facetious describes that comment. He's not being serious, but says what he thinks people think of that fight.

Dana may not like that comment

I loathe Diaz, as I think that social anxiety disorder (while a real disease) + self-medicating on mj is really an excuse to be immature and not have to try to be a grown-up.

That said, if he did say this, I'm pretty sure he was either being sarcastic or intentionally trying to rile up Dana White. While there are fighters that just show up for the paycheck (Toney!), Diaz seems like the sort who always believes he's going to win.

I loathe Diaz, as I think that social anxiety disorder (while a real disease) + self-medicating on mj is really an excuse to be immature and not have to try to be a grown-up.

That said, if he did say this, I'm pretty sure he was either being sarcastic or intentionally trying to rile up Dana White. While there are fighters that just show up for the paycheck (Toney!), Diaz seems like the sort who always believes he's going to win.

Lots of run of the mill fighters believe they will win, but it takes a real piece of work to get to the top, say he never expected to be there, sounding humble, but then treat it like a second rate circus act, complete with viral video of him skipping press con, him acting like a spoiled sport after the fight with Condit then of course the suspension. I love watching him fight but not enough to want to see him rewarded with a big victory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back