• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ilir Latifi appreciation thread

Take a look at the champs, aside from hendricks none of them are overly muscular like latifi.

Hes better off laying off the heavy deadlifts and dropping to mw.

Cormier is short and stocky like him, he fights like an explosive short wrestler. He would still be at a height disadvantage at mw. Mw's are not much shorter than lhws. It all depends on what style he uses. I just hope all that muscle doesn't make him gas in longer fights

hell yea, wrestler with big power and a crazy fighting style, I've been rooting for him since he got his shot in the ufc

T3gpSaw.gif

Top KEK.

This is awesome

Cormier is short and stocky like him, he fights like an explosive short wrestler. He would still be at a height disadvantage at mw. Mw's are not much shorter than lhws. It all depends on what style he uses. I just hope all that muscle doesn't make him gas in longer fights

He lasted 3 rounds on like a couple of days notice without even being in camp and cutting like 30 lbs (he didn't do much in the fight, but still). Did you also not see him deadlift 200 kg for 33 reps? Takes some serious muscular endurance and cardio for that shit. Anyway, he has won 3 round decisions before.
I don't think it will be much of a problem.

He lasted 3 rounds on like a couple of days notice without even being in camp and cutting like 30 lbs (he didn't do much in the fight, but still). Did you also not see him deadlift 200 kg for 33 reps? Takes some serious muscular endurance and cardio for that shit. Anyway, he has won 3 round decisions before.
I don't think it will be much of a problem.

Deadlifting in one set rhythm and motion is nothing like fighting.

I can do over 50 muscleups without struggling at all. Doesn't mean I'm going to cruise through a MMA fight with no issues.

Deadlifting in one set rhythm and motion is nothing like fighting.

I can do over 50 muscleups without struggling at all. Doesn't mean I'm going to cruise through a MMA fight with no issues.

lol, muscleups. Kipping, I'm guessing. And I very much doubt you can.
Anyway, I didn't say it was like fighting. It is, however, and extremely impressive feat and requires a lot of cardio, strength, and muscle endurance. Very, very few people can repeat it, and it does show something about his conditioning as it applies to fighting.

Last edited:
Fucking beast. Never seen a knockout quite like that.

MajorNastyCaribou.gif

Hendo/Oyama back in the day was similar. Hendo completely KO'd him with an overhand right and scored a body lock takedown directly after. But yeah, that was impressive.

Latifi is just awesome. I'll be rooting for him against most guys.

Hendo/Oyama back in the day was similar. Hendo completely KO'd him with an overhand right and scored a body lock takedown directly after. But yeah, that was impressive.

Never saw that fight. But I also meant that it didn't even look like that punch landed flush.

Fair enough.

Percentage-wise, would you say it's about 50/50 Muslim to Catholic out there?

I would say roughly around 65% Muslim, 22.5% Catholic and 12.5% Orthodox Christian. Although many of them are just religious in name due to communism. But the thing is that this is my opinion since the census published in the Balkans are not to be taken seriously. Also the vast majority of Muslims had Catholic ancestors that later converted like me for example, which is why I said the relationship between us and Croats/Slovenes is stronger because of a historic mutual religious commonality, something that has been built. I appreciate your interest btw.

It reminded me of the Bigfoot vs Browne finish.

was this officially a TKO? did Latifi get robbed of a KO? what was it announced as again?

was this officially a TKO? did Latifi get robbed of a KO? what was it announced as again?

It was announced as a tko but on sherdog stats it's listed as a KO on both fighters pages which is not so good for a young fighter like Dempsey since a KO on his record can discourage him.

i love this guy, he is so respectful and nice

he took that mousasi fight in short notice after not sparring for 3 months cut over 20 pounds in like 3 days and spent them all traveling with no rest, he was exhausted and he still stayed in there all 3 rounds and didn't get finished.

Put him against mousasi now he will rag doll him and ground and pound him his face in.

Full camp latifi is a whole different beast compared to 3 day notice cut 25 pounds latifi that fought mousasi.

I can't wait to see him fight again, he won't be losing for a while

lmao!

He's coming along. I truly thought he was just some can they brought in to fight Mousasi last minute, but winning like that he's going to build up some steam.

Back