Ilia topuria vs max holloway

People riding Max's nuts because he goaded some bar brawler into a throwdown and managed to KO him.

It wasn't that impressive.

Topuria isn't some moron who is going to fall for that nonsense.

And this dumb idea that Max is the better boxer needs to stop lol. If he was such a good boxer, he wouldn't have been panic wrestling against Yair. He would have actually finished Kattar. He wouldn't have gotten battered around like a can by Dustin for 5 rounds. And he wouldn't have gotten completely embarrassed by Volk in their third fight.

Topuria shuts this Hawaiian bum's lights out easily.
Wait you people really think ilia is scared or he has no chance agaisnt max? Are you serious? Really? Dude can just wrestle fuck him if he wants to or put boxing master class on him if anyone thinks max has better boxing than ilia its bcs he has no idea about boxing or striking in general
Justin is stupid brawler topuria is one of the most skilled and technical fighter you will ever see in your life
Ilia got caught with kick which he didnt see bcs of height and reach diff max got beat shit out of him by yair rodriges and he had to use wrestling to win ilia is not stupid low IQ justin he is not brawler he is elite boxer with elite wrestling and grappling he just needs to choose how he beats max but after fight you all will have excuses
Comments like this shows you guys have zero idea about fighting he knocked out korean zombie who was gased damaged and was swinging without defence moving towards max and he knocked out gased and damaged justin who was also swinging without defence and you guys think max found new power? Just say you dont even know how to throw punch
Topuria fans trying to speed run the "most hated fans" category this year aren't they.
"Boxing masterclass" Has outboxed amazing boxers like Bryce Mitchell and Jai Herbert
"He can just wrestlefuck him" 9/16 on takedowns as @Mohawk Banditó pointed out against one of the best TDDs in the division LMAO

Last edited:
The Bless Man Forever wins just because.

Why people thinks max can beat ilia? Some even says max makes it look easy
Ok i understand you are still in shock because of last second K.O
But this is enough for you to think he beats topuria?

Topuria has better boxing technique
More power
Better wrestling/grappling

What makes you think he wont wrestle fck max if he has to?
Yair tookd down max.

Max's win agaisnt justin is nothing because justin is slow not very technical brawler. Yes he has power but thats it even in their second fight porier was wining every boxing exchange

Please explain how max beats topuria maybe i dont understand something
View attachment 1042554
Either man has a path to victory, but the way you speak as if it’s impossible for Max to win makes you look stupid.

Max via not getting tuned up and dropped by Jai Herbert for 9 minutes and had to panic wrestle to recover.

Max has better footwork, better chin, better boxing. Topuria has a power advantage just like Gaethje did, but Max is a better boxer, and even if Topuria tries to panic wrestle, Max has like 85% TDD and the couple of times he has been taken down have lasted about 10 seconds before he gets back up. Topuria does well against guys over 35 coming off losses though.

Topuria fans trying to speed run the "most hated fans" category this year aren't they.
"Boxing masterclass" Has outboxed amazing boxers like Bryce Mitchell and Jai Herbert
"He can just wrestlefuck him" 9/16 on takedowns as @Mohawk Banditó pointed out against one of the best TDDs in the division LMAO

Also outboxed Volk, but Volk's shit, right? Same Volk who easily out struck Max in their last fight for 5 rounds. What a can Volk is.

And lol at the 9/16 on tds thing. That's nonsense. Look at those fights and you'll see what I mean.

Topuria got dropped with the headkick by Jai, and then went for a takedown to tie up and save himself. He drove him to the cage and got him down to his knees, but Jai got up. Topuria then held him for a bit before going on to slam him.

There was a moment where Jai got up and Topuria chased after him with a clinch grab that he didn't even come close to, but that doesn't count as a takedown attempt.

That's all the takedown attempts there was, so I'm not really sure why the stats say he went 1/4 in that round when he clearly did not.

So, really, he went 1/1 in that fight, or 2/2 if you count when he got Herbert down to his knees.

Then you have the 5/9 against Zalal. Are we just ignoring the fact that Topuria was sick for that fight? What about the fact that he took it on 8 days notice? All that and still made his UFC debut by winning a clear 2-1 and landing 5 tds.

And good on Max for having good tdd, but who has he been fighting? Yair, Zombie, Justin, Dustin, Kattar (lol), Ortega, Aldo, Pettis, etc.

Not too hard to never get taken down when you're mainly fighting strikers. Sure, he stopped a lot of Volk's, but he also got taken down as well. Stopped 10+ of Frankie's, but Frankie used to fail on more tds than he landed just due to his style of fighting.

Max had a good little thing going with this BMF toy belt. He should have just stayed at LW and run with that. There's nothing for him back at FW except an ass whooping worse than the one Volk gave him.

Also outboxed Volk, but Volk's shit, right? Same Volk who easily out struck Max in their last fight for 5 rounds. What a can Volk is.

And lol at the 9/16 on tds thing. That's nonsense. Look at those fights and you'll see what I mean.

Topuria got dropped with the headkick by Jai, and then went for a takedown to tie up and save himself. He drove him to the cage and got him down to his knees, but Jai got up. Topuria then held him for a bit before going on to slam him.

There was a moment where Jai got up and Topuria chased after him with a clinch grab that he didn't even come close to, but that doesn't count as a takedown attempt.

That's all the takedown attempts there was, so I'm not really sure why the stats say he went 1/4 in that round when he clearly did not.

So, really, he went 1/1 in that fight, or 2/2 if you count when he got Herbert down to his knees.

Then you have the 5/9 against Zalal. Are we just ignoring the fact that Topuria was sick for that fight? What about the fact that he took it on 8 days notice? All that and still made his UFC debut by winning a clear 2-1 and landing 5 tds.

And good on Max for having good tdd, but who has he been fighting? Yair, Zombie, Justin, Dustin, Kattar (lol), Ortega, Aldo, Pettis, etc.

Not too hard to never get taken down when you're mainly fighting strikers. Sure, he stopped a lot of Volk's, but he also got taken down as well. Stopped 10+ of Frankie's, but Frankie used to fail on more tds than he landed just due to his style of fighting.

Max had a good little thing going with this BMF toy belt. He should have just stayed at LW and run with that. There's nothing for him back at FW except an ass whooping worse than the one Volk gave him.

Outside of the trolling, there's some really good points in here. Ilia is a great fighter. He's proven me wrong. I still don't think it's an easy forgot for him.

Max is a better boxer

Got completely embarrassed on the feet by Volk, who Topuria KOd in under 10 mins.

"Better boxer" hahah.

Topuria does well against guys over 35 coming off losses though.

Love this narrative.

If only Max had gotten Volk 2 years later maybe he wouldn't have gotten 50-45d with complete ease, eh?

I dont want to feed the troll but max has much better boxing and it's not close. Topuria has a good win against an old knocked out 1 month earlier Volk ... but I think Arnold Allen beats Topuria let alone Max. .. Ilia wings punches with his whole body max would teach him how to box.

Outside of the trolling, there's some really good points in here. Ilia is a great fighter. He's proven me wrong. I still don't think it's an easy forgot for him.

Mate, you know I like to mess around and ruffle some feathers a bit around here, but none of that post is trolling.

Those are straight facts.

All foolery aside, I don't get why the Topuria haters bring up nonsense that makes no sense, but don't talk about how close he was to getting finished by Bryce . . .

I dont want to feed the troll but max has much better boxing and it's not close. Topuria has a good win against an old knocked out 1 month earlier Volk ... but I think Arnold Allen beats Topuria let alone Max. .. Ilia wings punches with his whole body max would teach him how to box.

I love that Volk was too"old" at 35, but at 33 he was apparently not.

Also love that you somehow think there is only 1 month between Oct 21st and Feb 17th . . .

Mate, you know I like to mess around and ruffle some feathers a bit around here, but none of that post is trolling.

Those are straight facts.

All foolery aside, I don't get why the Topuria haters bring up nonsense that makes no sense, but don't talk about how close he was to getting finished by Bryce . . .

No hate. Max is awesome. Ilia is talented. Win or lose, both are great fighters. Based off of your post history and general interaction, I know you know better. Cheers. May the best man win.

Got completely embarrassed on the feet by Volk, who Topuria KOd in under 10 mins.

"Better boxer" hahah.

Love this narrative.

If only Max had gotten Volk 2 years later maybe he wouldn't have gotten 50-45d with complete ease, eh?
Correct, Volk has now lost 3 of his last 4 and is now older than anybody who has won a title fight at 155 or under, and just got decapitated a few months before fighting Topuria, and was still beating him up before Topuria landed a haymaker.

It's certainly possible for Topuria to land a big punch at some point, but hoping to land a haymaker is his only chance. Christ, even Bryce Mitchell and Ryan Hall outlanded Topuria on the feet, and they have Ben Askren level striking. Volk outlanded him, Jai Herbert outlanded him, the all time great Yusef Zalal outlanded him.

Topuria has to finish a guy who's been fighting at the top of the sport for like a decade and hasn't been finished since he got subbed 12 years ago as a 20 year old making his UFC debut in his 5th pro fight.

No hate. Max is awesome. Ilia is talented. Win or lose, both are great fighters. Based off of your post history and general interaction, I know you know better. Cheers. May the best man win.

Yeh, it's definitely going to be a good fight either way.

I'd worry a lot about Topuria's cardio if not for the Emmet fight. He really showed he can pace himself in that fight. Then again, it was also a fight in which he dictated literally every second of it.

Not enough is said about how close Topuria was to coming undone against Bryce. In round 2 he was slowing down, breathing hard, and throwing sloppy as shit punches. There was a moment where Bryce hit him with like 3 straight jabs right after the other, and you could just see Top was struggling. He then just dug deep and ended it. Makes me wonder how a third round in that would've looked. I don't know if Bryce was really sick for that fight, but either way it was still on the cusp of going south for Topuria.

Max can definitely put Topuria into that same situation, especially if the moment gets to Topuria and he loses his cool.

I'd give the edge to Topuria due to his power. Boxing skill I'd say even.

Cringeiness Topuria wins hands down. I want to see if get KTFO.

Regardless, most people who fight Topuria get backed up. Max doesn't back up. So it's going to be an awesome fight.

Correct, Volk has now lost 3 of his last 4 and is now older than anybody who has won a title fight at 155 or under, and just got decapitated a few months before fighting Topuria, and was still beating him up before Topuria landed a haymaker.

It's certainly possible for Topuria to land a big punch at some point, but hoping to land a haymaker is his only chance. Christ, even Bryce Mitchell and Ryan Hall outlanded Topuria on the feet, and they have Ben Askren level striking. Volk outlanded him, Jai Herbert outlanded him, the all time great Yusef Zalal outlanded him.

Topuria has to finish a guy who's been fighting at the top of the sport for like a decade and hasn't been finished since he got subbed 12 years ago as a 20 year old making his UFC debut in his 5th pro fight.

Against Bryce: 53 to 46 strikes and he knocked him down.

Against Hall: 18 to 10 strikes and every single one of Hall's was blocked and then he got KOd.

So, yeh, your numbers are still wrong, but at least you seem to have figured out that there's more than 1 month between Oct and Feb. Give yourself a star for that, lad.

And lol at bringing up those guys and their strike counts like it mattered. Jai, Volk, Bryce, Hall - how did those fights end again? I could be wrong, but landing more strikes (which Bryce and Hall literally didn't lol) doesn't nullify the fact that they all got finished.

And why does Top have to finish Max? Top can go 5 rounds and Max has lost decisions lol.

Yeh, it's definitely going to be a good fight either way.

I'd worry a lot about Topuria's cardio if not for the Emmet fight. He really showed he can pace himself in that fight. Then again, it was also a fight in which he dictated literally every second of it.

Not enough is said about how close Topuria was to coming undone against Bryce. In round 2 he was slowing down, breathing hard, and throwing sloppy as shit punches. There was a moment where Bryce hit him with like 3 straight jabs right after the other, and you could just see Top was struggling. He then just dug deep and ended it. Makes me wonder how a third round in that would've looked. I don't know if Bryce was really sick for that fight, but either way it was still on the cusp of going south for Topuria.

Max can definitely put Topuria into that same situation, especially if the moment gets to Topuria and he loses his cool.

Coin flip fight. Good post. Cheers, Sherbro.

Against Bryce: 53 to 46 strikes and he knocked him down.

Against Hall: 18 to 10 strikes and every single one of Hall's was blocked and then he got KOd.

So, yeh, your numbers are still wrong, but at least you seem to have figured out that there's more than 1 month between Oct and Feb. Give yourself a star for that, lad.

And lol at bringing up those guys and their strike counts like it mattered. Jai, Volk, Bryce, Hall - how did those fights end again? I could be wrong, but landing more strikes (which Bryce and Hall literally didn't lol) doesn't nullify the fact that they all got finished.

And why does Top have to finish Max? Top can go 5 rounds and Max has lost decisions lol.
Nah, I said they outlanded him on the feet, which they did. Topuria landed some strikes on the ground, but Bryce outlanded him 34-29 on the feet, and Ryan Hall outlanded him 9-3, and these guys are serious beginners in the striking.

I mean it's nice to come back and get a finish after getting pieced up, but we're talking about Bryce Mitchell and Ryan Hall's striking ffs, and 2-4-1 Jai Herbert. Topuria did land more than Josh Emmett, but Emmett was 38 at the time and gets outlanded by everybody else he fights too and was coming off a loss.

So far it seems like Topuria just goes head hunting, and it eventually works against cans and old guys coming off a brutal KO, but Max will probably just keep popping him over and over, and once he's up 3 rounds and Topuria's been popped all night and wobbled several times, he'll start trying to look for another come from behind haymaker and start leaving himself open even more and get finished.

I just think Max couldn't find Volk and too fast for him. Topuria never occured to me the quickest guy around.
Volk looked very slow and plodding vs. Topuria, though. Maybe he just suddenly got old like some guys do in their mid-30s. Other than that, my assessment and odds of the fight are pretty close to yours.

Back