Igor Vovchanchyn longest win streak in MMA ?

Winstone

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
after watching alot of Igors fights i noticed he was a very good fighter.maybe not well rounded but tough.if you look at his fight finder you will notice he had 65 fights winning 55 of them.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Igor-Vovchanchyn-300

what i think is amazing is he had a few losses at the start of his career in 95.he went 5 years without a loss or i think 40 fights.obviously some of his opponents we know nothing about but a 40 fight win streak must mean something.he was only KOed once which was by Cro Cop.he tapped to knees to the head from Mark Coleman in Pride but those knees looked vicious.i think anyone would have tapped being in that position.i just thought i would make a thread as Igor was a legend.

I mean to delete this message

Last edited:
I think Travis Fulton had a longer one, but he also didnt have his streak extend in PRIDE either. So Igor has the best streak in my eyes, despite all of his underground Ukrainian NHB fights.

Igor was a beast. He would have been even greater had he not broken his hands and had hand problems in his later career.

Karelin's career record was 887-2 in wrestling, 13 years undefeated with half of those years without giving up a single point while competing at the highest level in wrestling internationally.

Igor doesn't hold a candle to that.

Ice Cold, how I miss thee...

Karelin's career record was 887-2 in wrestling, 13 years undefeated with half of those years without giving up a single point while competing at the highest level in wrestling internationally.

Whatever, obviously the thread was in regard to MMA, so you must be one of those with low self esteem that you simply have to compensate for with nonsensical unrelated snobbery making yourself look the fool while others just shake their heads.

VOVCHANNIN-Igor_UKR.jpg

I'm 2,367-0 at family checkers.

Come at me.

Whatever, obviously the thread was in regard to MMA, so you must be one of those with low self esteem that you simply have to compensate for with nonsensical unrelated snobbery making yourself look the fool while others just shake their heads.

Unrelated? Wrestling is an integral part of MMA. I'm just putting it in perspective how unimpressive Igor's win streak is compared to Karelin's. One is padding his record with absolute nobodies in unsanctioned underground arenas, while the other wrecked shit at the highest international level of a well established global sport.

You just sound butthurt I gave you a reality check. If you're going to take level of competition out of it, you might as well talk about Travis Fulton's 40 fight win streak, and how Rousey can almost fit all of her pro fights into a single 5-round title fight.

I know he was a pioneer, but I think a case could be made for Igor as a Top 5 all time HW.
He HAS to be a top 10 all time HW.

I know he was a pioneer, but I think a case could be made for Igor as a Top 5 all time HW.
He HAS to be a top 10 all time HW.

Absolute beast, legend, for sure, and I would include him right up there too but I can understand why others might not.

what i think is amazing is he had a few losses at the start of his career in 95.he went 5 years without a loss or i think 40 fights.obviously some of his opponents we know nothing about but a 40 fight win streak must mean something.he was only KOed once which was by Cro Cop.he tapped to knees to the head from Mark Coleman in Pride but those knees looked vicious.i think anyone would have tapped being in that position.i just thought i would make a thread as Igor was a legend.

you should count again

Dang, that's bad ass. How many fights did he win?

I hope the story about his village is true: It's an urban legend that when Igor got mad, villagers would ring the local church bell and everyone would hide out inside until he left.

this was a very tough guy. I remember he was very short for a HW, but still did very good. He definitely beat a lot of bums but his record is good.
Im im not mistaken besides these 2 losses to Crocop and coleman, he was also subbed by Sperry and i guess Overeeem, wasnt it?

In before IngaVovchanchyn... but Igor is a legend, one of my all time old school fighters.

I understand that the thread is about MMA. But King Kong Karelin was one of a kind. (The keyboard warriors, and those who never left their sweat and their blood on the mat or the ring have no idea, whatsoever, of what that means to compete for a decade at the ultimate top of world wrestling without conceding a single point. I was there, as a reporter covering the Olympics in Sidney, when Karelin lost against Roulon Gardner. I was speechless. The raw power of those two monsters was unbelievable. But Gardner was way to heavy for King Kong to try his trademark reverse lift).
Now, regarding the opening message of this thread, Igor Vovchanchyn is one of my all time favourite mma fighters. Unbelievable stamina and a devastating KO power.

Unrelated? Wrestling is an integral part of MMA. I'm just putting it in perspective how unimpressive Igor's win streak is compared to Karelin's. One is padding his record with absolute nobodies in unsanctioned underground arenas, while the other wrecked shit at the highest international level of a well established global sport.

You just sound butthurt I gave you a reality check. If you're going to take level of competition out of it, you might as well talk about Travis Fulton's 40 fight win streak, and how Rousey can almost fit all of her pro fights into a single 5-round title fight.

That guy's assessment of you is looking pretty accurate.

but can he fight

Back