Igor Vovchanchyn longest win streak in MMA ?

If I had one wish, I would use it to wish that every verbal wish I wished for would come true. And then I would wish that Igor Vovchanchyn could has competed in the UFC at his prime.

you should count again

Actually Vovchanchyn have 32 victories and 37 fights without losing - about that Mark Kerr NC.

I know that Fulton made a 40 victories, but to me, Vovchanchyn >>>>>> Fulton.

Vovchanchyn is a 5'8" HW, same height Dominick Cruz that is a BW. With an anvil in each hands. And a good PRIDE carreer.

While Fulton is only known by his Guiness Book records against a lot of guys that we never heard of, a video that he almost kill Jeremy Bullock, and the famous fighter he beated is Heath Herring.

Unrelated? Wrestling is an integral part of MMA. I'm just putting it in perspective how unimpressive Igor's win streak is compared to Karelin's. One is padding his record with absolute nobodies in unsanctioned underground arenas, while the other wrecked shit at the highest international level of a well established global sport.

You just sound butthurt I gave you a reality check. If you're going to take level of competition out of it, you might as well talk about Travis Fulton's 40 fight win streak, and how Rousey can almost fit all of her pro fights into a single 5-round title fight.

Delusional

Only here to flame.

Unrelated? Wrestling is an integral part of MMA. I'm just putting it in perspective how unimpressive Igor's win streak is compared to Karelin's. One is padding his record with absolute nobodies in unsanctioned underground arenas, while the other wrecked shit at the highest international level of a well established global sport.

You just sound butthurt I gave you a reality check. If you're going to take level of competition out of it, you might as well talk about Travis Fulton's 40 fight win streak, and how Rousey can almost fit all of her pro fights into a single 5-round title fight.

If you want him to take this "level of competition isn't even the same ballpark" notion seriously then realize what you are talking about is comparing a grappling sport that has such strict rules it forbids holds beneath the waist and comparing it's records to a combat sport that allows exponentially more take grappling along with things like submissions, ground n' pound, and tons of striking including soccer kicks. These two sports are equally not in the same ballpark as these two men's records.

Igor was an absolute monster, and anyone watching back then would remember and agree, and this comes from 1 who routinely rooted against him.

Karelin's career record was 887-2 in wrestling, 13 years undefeated with half of those years without giving up a single point while competing at the highest level in wrestling internationally.

Igor doesn't hold a candle to that.

yes.
Karelin was awesome, and that has nothing to do with fighting.

Whatever, obviously the thread was in regard to MMA, so you must be one of those with low self esteem that you simply have to compensate for with nonsensical unrelated snobbery making yourself look the fool while others just shake their heads.

ACCURATE ASSESSMENT OF LOUIS.

at least be glad for once he isnt posting about how the hippopotamus is undefeated against man, but then later recounts it admitting a human in a plane with tactical nukes is superior to the hippo.

(YES, HE REALLY DID THAT, 2X)

Igor vs. Fedor would have been amazing in Pride.

I know he was a pioneer, but I think a case could be made for Igor as a Top 5 all time HW.
He HAS to be a top 10 all time HW.

I love Igor, but I can't justify putting him anywhere close to that. Even for a top 10 spot, he's competing against guys like Coleman and Arlovski who IMO have accomplished significantly more in the sport.

He is only 42....he was only 32 when he retired....that is crazy to me.

I love Igor, but I can't justify putting him anywhere close to that. Even for a top 10 spot, he's competing against guys like Coleman and Arlovski who IMO have accomplished significantly more in the sport.

Agree, people in here sure loves Igor, but he is definitely not in the conversation for top 10 HW.

alot of those unsactioned fights were against guys that outweighed him by 100 lbs.

he fought monsters. The guy was ahead of his time and absolutely incredible. Not sure he translates that well to modern UFC, but i think he could beat anyone on the right night. He didn't have the greatest striking or ground technique, but his raw power and will to hit someone proved to be the greatest equalizer.

this was a very tough guy. I remember he was very short for a HW, but still did very good. He definitely beat a lot of bums but his record is good.
Im im not mistaken besides these 2 losses to Crocop and coleman, he was also subbed by Sperry and i guess Overeeem, wasnt it?

I think his first or second loss was in a final where he tapped to an illegal chin to eye by Mikhail Illoukine (sp). He also lost a decision to Herring and lost by tko (rib injury) to Rampage when he made a tactical error pulling for a guillotine while Rampage was standing and got slammed. His standup looked really great for that fight though. I think it was a winnable fight for him if he didn't try to go for a guillotine like he did. He had a decision loss to Nakamura in his very last fight and that decision loss to Tra Telligman.

Whatever, obviously the thread was in regard to MMA, so you must be one of those with low self esteem that you simply have to compensate for with nonsensical unrelated snobbery making yourself look the fool while others just shake their heads.

Totally correct. Not just in this thread either.

Back