If you've seen "The Shield". What was your honest opinion of the ending?

Sorry, I thought "lol" was a tag that meant "convincing argument here".

Honestly, I'm not saying he'd absolutely kill himself, I'm saying it's a pretty obvious possibility. He's completely alone in a world that hates him, and there are no lies that can change that any more.

Edit... Is "lol" some kind of nervous tick?

Do you just end everything with "lol"?

Do you just end everything with nerd-rage because you can't take other people disagreeing with your opinion? It must suck to be you.

I bet you sleep with star trek VHS tapes and still eat gushers.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification.

No, generally "lol" is in response to something eliciting laughter, such as a statement that is hilariously absurd- so it was appropriate.

The notion that Vic would kill himself (oh I'm sorry an obvious possibility) after securing a desk job and getting away with multiple felonies is indeed laughable. You honestly think a man as ruthless as him will kill himself over his "friends" and "family."

He may feel disappointed but that's it.

Yeah, I do actually think he could, but forgive me for paying attention.

Go back to watching things in one or two dimensions.

Do you just end everything with nerd-rage because you can't take other people disagreeing with your opinion? It must suck to be you.

I bet you sleep with star trek VHS tapes and still eat gushers.

Clever.

LOL!

RIP Lem. Also, The Shield existed in the same universe as The Unit.

sons of anarchy too. one of the gangs crosses over in both shows. kurt sutter, the creator of soa, was one of the head writers on the shield.

Yeah, I do actually think he could, but forgive me for paying attention.

Go back to watching things in one or two dimensions.

I understand your feelings get hurt when you read "different" opinions. Its ok buddy, take a deep breath and go back to your local social worker for counseling.

Clever.

LOL!

"lol"

Very good show that is underrated and overlooked because so many cable shows are very good now. The only shows that were better for a time were The Wire and The Sopranos.

I enjoyed the ending. Didn't expect Shane to go that far and felt bad for Ronnie.

I understand your feelings get hurt when you read "different" opinions. Its ok buddy, take a deep breath and go back to your local social worker for counseling.

"lol"

Feelings hurt? Social worker?

Are you high?

I just googled "the unit and..." and it finished it with "the unit and the situation gay"...

It's funny how much of an opportunistic doucher they made Aceveda. when the show started, i figured he was going to be idealistic (well at least more so than he became) i thought it was awesome when he and Vic had that alliance of convenience.

It's funny how much of an opportunistic doucher they made Aceveda after making him sort of idealistic early on (well at least more so than he became) i thought it was awesome when he and Vic had that alliance of convenience.

All the hands were dirty in that show.

All the hands were dirty in that show.

Yea I rephrased a little cause in reality the show never portrayed him as a man of morals. I just sort of assumed that he would be the idealistic guy but he was just an ambitious prick for the most part.

Yeah you're right about the dirty hands and even the less dirty people like Dutch weren't portrayed as particularly likable. I always was a fan of Billings lol. Thought he was hilarious.

So much great stuff on that show. The whole Forrest Whittaker angle was tucking terrific.

Byz lats is asinine sounding to me and acevadea sucked a dick and ate a nut lol

Yea I rephrased a little cause in reality the show never portrayed him as a man of morals. I just sort of assumed that he would be the idealistic guy but he was just an ambitious prick for the most part.

Yeah you're right about the dirty hands and even the less dirty people like Dutch weren't portrayed as particularly likable. I always was a fan of Billings lol. Thought he was hilarious.

So much great stuff on that show. The whole Forrest Whittaker angle was tucking terrific.

I went and watched the series again not long ago.

It was great, but it's hard to watch something when you hate almost everyone.

Great show. Great ending.

The fact that Ronnie gets dragged off to be the whipping boy for Vic's career's worth of shitbaggery and even the other suits looked at Vic like a weaselly little qunt was a cautionary tale (for potential Ronnie's) and pretty damn appropriate.

Not to get dragged into any goofy assed arguments in this thread but the ambiguity of whether Vic would make it through his deal or not (hopefully not) was riveting.

My only minor gripe was how they ended showing Vic grabbing his gun and rushing out. It took away from him being another office drone trapped in cubicle hell as they shut the lights out in him to being a quasi-cop.

If they would've cut when the lights shut off and the dejected look on his face it would've been perfect to me.

Still GOAT series. Loved it.

Yeah SOA and The Shield have the 1-9ers in common I believe. Possibly the most disappointing thing about the ending of The Shield is that it doesn't leave much wiggle room for Vic to show up and try to fuck with the Sons.

Beside soa that's my favorite show. I thought the ending was good.

Always thought the "hey admit to anything and everything and we'll give you immunity :)" was tough to believe. Really liked the show though.

Back