If you've seen "The Shield". What was your honest opinion of the ending?

IFightInVegas

The Bourbonator
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was the best show in tv history in my opinion.. But I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on the ending.. For me, it was almost perfectly realistic..

But I'm curious what the popular opinion is on here?

I thought it was great, he lost everything, the quiet in the office...I think breaking bad will end the same way, walt starts by helping his family to losing them except walts fam will die.

I chose the second option.Great series but the ending was just too plain for me.

I thought the ending fit the show perfectly. It was just brutal, Shane and his family was just plain shocking. Ronnie's face when he realizes what Vic did and Vic's look of when he finally realizes all he's done and where he ended up. Great ending.

That show had some just plain outstanding moments in it.

He ended up with a desk job, right? It's been a long time since I've seen that.

I came in here thinks this was about wrassling

Sitting in the office then he smirked, grab his gun & headed out.

Wasn't a big fan of it. If its one dude that deserved to die, it was that p.o.s.

I remember being pretty satisfied in how they decided to take it. It sent a strong message and it was fitting.

the shield are awsome. i love rollins in ring work. and ambrose and reigns have a huge future in the e

I really couldn't think of a more appropriate ending for a group of evil good guys.

I don't like the way things ended with Vic, he should have been imprisoned and Ronnie should have went free.

I think the writing was a bit sloppy since Ronnie could have testified against Vic and had Vic sent to prison, but they didn't even bother exploring that.

He ended up with a desk job, right? It's been a long time since I've seen that.

yeah i think it was basically that he couldnt do anything but work in the office or he went to jail for violating the deal.

sidenote Andrea from TWD was the IA woman for those who forgot.....

wrestling.

still more real than the "demoness"

I don't like the way things ended with Vic, he should have been imprisoned and Ronnie should have went free.

I think the writing was a bit sloppy since Ronnie could have testified against Vic and had Vic sent to prison, but they didn't even bother exploring that.
Vic told every little thing he did under his immunity deal.

He could've left some stuff out to save face but he included everything so no one could testify to anything. He was untouchable so you KNOW they are going to throw the book at Ronnie who was the least shitty in the group of shitty cops.

So to recap.

One guy gets his intestines blown out and actually lives a couple of minutes through it.

The guy who does it committs murder suicide on his wife and kid.

Vic Mackey loses his family and is essentially assigned to a corporate cell knowing that his buddy Ronnie is going to get the absolute worst of everything just so the DA can get their revenge. Ronnie might be up for capital punishment.

Vic Mackey put away rapists, pedos, serial killers, mass murderers, and single handedly toppled several dangerous gangs.

He did this on a regular basis. The show rewarded him just about right.

To this day, I still think "Poor Ronnie".

I thought it was one of the best endings, and overall story arcs in television history.

The Shield is IMO one of the absolute best series ever. On the level of the wire to me at least, I know most people hold The Wire as the epitome of television but The Shield is seriously underrated. The ending was great to me. The whole last season was amazing to me.

Back