If you've seen "The Shield". What was your honest opinion of the ending?

Good ending to a great show. I think they left Vic in limbo so he could be brought back in some capacity. I have heard about a movie possibly being made.

I don't like the way things ended with Vic, he should have been imprisoned and Ronnie should have went free.

I think the writing was a bit sloppy since Ronnie could have testified against Vic and had Vic sent to prison, but they didn't even bother exploring that.
Vic had immunity from all prior crimes he confessed to when he joined the FBI, including everything Ronnie knows. Infact Vic's confessions implicated Ronnie in many crimes so they arrested the one corrupt cop they could.

The Shield has the best series finale I've ever seen. So many shows have endings that weaken the overall series, but The Shield's finale makes the entire run that much more awesome. 95% of shows I've watched are on the downward slope in terms of quality, and most of them give a series finale that has alot of WTF moments to make the show 'memorable.' They usually alienate their fanbase and change fan's whole perspective of the entire series.

The Shield is the only series finale that meet and exceeded my expectations.

And it looks like Breaking Bad just might have a series finale as awesome, possibly even more awesome, as The Shield's.

RIP Lem. Also, The Shield existed in the same universe as The Unit.

Amazing ending that was totally appropriate to the show. I really didnt think the last season there was going to be as sick as it was but it delivered all around.

Finale itself was awesome.

I LOVE The Shield, one of the best on TV

tumblr_mt8mwwYWTT1rkr0bzo1_1280.jpg

Still can't get over him screwing Ronney like that..that guy was loyal to the very end

I was disappointed; I wanted to see Mackey eat a bullet to the face. If there was any TV character that deserved a horrible death, it was him.

Loved the show, loved the ending.

Everyone expected him to get killed because of his completely amoral character but in the end he more or less got away with everything. Definitely shocked the audience in my opinion. Brilliant way to finish it.

Would love to know more about this.

They had the same producer, Shawn Ryan, which probably is where the connection comes from, but Sgt. Charles Grey from the unit was a former of the fictional gang the Byz-Lats. That gang is also featured in The Shield.

I laughed my ass off when Vic went from being a kick ass cop to a suit wearing desk jockey.

They had the same producer, Shawn Ryan, which probably is where the connection comes from, but Sgt. Charles Grey from the unit was a former of the fictional gang the Byz-Lats. That gang is also featured in The Shield.

Thanks, that's interesting.

Loved the show, loved the ending.

Everyone expected him to get killed because of his completely amoral character but in the end he more or less got away with everything. Definitely shocked the audience in my opinion. Brilliant way to finish it.

I think from a certain perspective he got away with nothing because he lost everything.

He will never, ever be a cop again, or see his family, or have friends like the ones he lost. Ever.

My money would be on him eating his gun inside a month.

I think from a certain perspective he got away with nothing because he lost everything.

He will never, ever be a cop again, or see his family, or have friends like the ones he lost. Ever.

My money would be on him eating his gun inside a month.

I can see why one would think that.

At the end of the day its about survival. No, he won't be able to get away with anything and everything like he used to. But he's alive and doing what needs to be done.

You think he would commit suicide? lol.

I can see why one would think that.

At the end of the day its about survival. No, he won't be able to get away with anything and everything like he used to. But he's alive and doing what needs to be done.

You think he would commit suicide? lol.

lol I think that because that's how it was written. lol

lol I think that because the last shots of the last show were shot like he was in prison. lol

lol I think that because for the first time he's been put in a situation where he absolutely cannot lie to himself behind the mask of a cop and finally has to accept the consequences of what he has done. lol

lol I think there's a good chance that he would kill himself. lol

lol I think that because that's how it was written. lol

lol I think that because the last shots of the last show were shot like he was in prison. lol

lol I think that because for the first time he's been put in a situation where he absolutely cannot lie to himself behind the mask of a cop and finally has to accept the consequences of what he has done. lol

lol I think there's a good chance that he would kill himself. lol

Another rough day at the office huh?

There are professionals out there that can help man, don't give up hope....I mean you can at least still watch all 20 seasons of Next Generation and DS9 on dvd bro.

lol.

Sorry, I thought "lol" was a tag that meant "convincing argument here".

Honestly, I'm not saying he'd absolutely kill himself, I'm saying it's a pretty obvious possibility. He's completely alone in a world that hates him, and there are no lies that can change that any more.

Edit... Is "lol" some kind of nervous tick?

Do you just end everything with "lol"?

Sorry, I thought "lol" was a tag that meant "convincing argument here".

Honestly, I'm not saying he'd absolutely kill himself, I'm saying it's a pretty obvious possibility. He's completely alone in a world that hates him, and there are no lies that can change that any more.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification.

No, generally "lol" is in response to something eliciting laughter, such as a statement that is hilariously absurd- so it was appropriate.

The notion that Vic would kill himself (oh I'm sorry an obvious possibility) after securing a desk job and getting away with multiple felonies is indeed laughable. You honestly think a man as ruthless as him will kill himself over his "friends" and "family."

He may feel disappointed but that's it.

Back