If you were Conor, what would be your next move?

Ozze

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Let's say he beats Cowboy, gets a nice KO and all. What should be his next step?

Dana already said he would jump line to fight Khabib so:

Option 1: fight Khabib.
That would be a huge fight again, huge pay, but the chances of the second fight being the same as the first are very high. And that would be a huge hit on his career and his persona and who knows what would be of him after the fight. Would make a shit ton of money in on shot but the risk of losing is very high.

Or option 2: Masvidal & Gaethje
After a win on Cowboy, Conor could choose to fight these top ranked opponents that would be huge fights as well (not as big as Khabib, but still huge) and are fights that he would be the favorite so he could finish 2020 with three wins against top fighters and get that momentum back to became that huge star he once was by the end of the year (the pride of Ireland, big sponsorships, etc). Than he could face Khabib, or whoever is champion, in 2021. Of course people will acuse him of ducking Khabib but fuck it, just say you want to climb the leader by beating all these worthy opponents. It's not like he would be fighing cans. But a loss to any of them would be bad, although not as high a chance of that happening as versus Khabib.

So, what would you do?

I'd never fight again because I have so-called "fuck you money"

If he really fights twice or thrice this year, I'm gonna give the guy some props. Most would just retire.

Probably seek Justin or Dustin and if he wins that?

go for the title at the end of the year

Let's say he beats Cowboy, gets a nice KO and all. What should be his next step?

Dana already said he would jump line to fight Khabib so:

Option 1: fight Khabib.
That would be a huge fight again, huge pay, but the chances of the second fight being the same as the first are very high. And that would be a huge hit on his career and his persona and who knows what would be of him after the fight. Would make a shit ton of money in on shot but the risk of losing is very high.

Or option 2: Masvidal & Gaethje
After a win on Cowboy, Conor could choose to fight these top ranked opponents that would be huge fights as well (not as big as Khabib, but still huge) and are fights that he would be the favorite so he could finish 2020 with three wins against top fighters and get that momentum back to became that huge star he once was by the end of the year (the pride of Ireland, big sponsorships, etc). Than he could face Khabib, or whoever is champion, in 2021. Of course people will acuse him of ducking Khabib but fuck it, just say you want to climb the leader by beating all these worthy opponents. It's not like he would be fighing cans. But a loss to any of them would be bad, although not as high a chance of that happening as versus Khabib.

So, what would you do?
Send location

The Masvidal's fight is the perfect fight in my opinion, a huge payday, not as big as a khabib rematch but near it.

Masvidal is at the same time not a real 170 so the size advantage won't be Huge ( unlike a colby or usman ) but still an official 170er, so even if conor loses he can use the traditional excuses : " 3 times my size etc ..."

Plus it is a more "easy fight". ( I think he loses both anyway ... )

It will be mostly striking, and conor has more chances to KO masvidal on the feet than KOing khabib while on his back for 20 minutes.

Khabib beats him GUARANTEED
Masvidal beats him GUARANTEED
Justin - 70/30 in Justin's favour depending on Justin's fight IQ for that fight

If he is serious about the LW belt then he needs to do a title eliminator against Gaethje. If he wins that then a re-match with Khabib has credibility. He will lose the re-match of course because he cannot beat Khabib.

I don't think he can be serious about a WW run becuse the top guys are much bigger than him and are accomplished grapplers. He's into one-off show fights here. Not sure your MMA brand can withstand that but the UFC would much rather that kind of business model than any kind of merit based title fights.

A Tony Ferguson win changes things though. Tony is 35 and will want his red panty night immediately. He'll sign to defend against McGregor before his corner man has even finished wiping him down.

Retire and get drunk everyday on his own shitty Whiskey

I really have no interest in seeing him fight at 170. Even if he wins.

Should stay at 155.

i much rather watch him go after Masvidal 1st, then Khabib.

Retire to a private island after building a party mansion, and build an acoustically perfect amphitheater for endless guitars and amplifiers and such.

If he is serious about the LW belt then he needs to do a title eliminator against Gaethje. If he wins that then a re-match with Khabib has credibility. He will lose the re-match of course because he cannot beat Khabib.

I don't think he can be serious about a WW run becuse the top guys are much bigger than him and are accomplished grapplers. He's into one-off show fights here. Not sure your MMA brand can withstand that but the UFC would much rather that kind of business model than any kind of merit based title fights.

A Tony Ferguson win changes things though. Tony is 35 and will want his red panty night immediately. He'll sign to defend against McGregor before his corner man has even finished wiping him down.

If he were to beat Masvidal and Gaethje while Tony beat Khabib it would be his dream come true. Should he beat Ferguson people would jump on the "best LW of all time" speech like crazy.

Even if he can't beat Khabib.

i would fight Gaethje because if im Conor i know thats an easy fight for me and actually alot easier than Cowboy even though Gaethje koed Cowboy stylistically Cowboys the harder fight(mma math dont work styles make fights) so after koing Cowboy i would ko Justin quick then i would fight Masvidal for the BMF belt if i win that then i would either fight Khabib/Tony winner after that i would fight Nate Diaz in a trilogy fight putting the BMF belt on the line at 170 then i would look at Kamaru if hes still the champ for the weleterweight title this will be the biggest challenge of my career and if i can pull all that off i would go down as one of the GOATS even if fans hate me but after pulling all of that off i would probably have everybody loving me again (including the haters) just like they did in 2016 i will also retire officially as i done it all and i have more than enough money for my great great grandchildrens kids and boom

Move to Serbia before the Gardai gets me

or some country with no extradition treaty...absolutely...buy a nice house, lots of property...pull a roman polanski...that guy was accused of drugging and having sex with some young underage girl...after the judge denied the prosecutions plea agreement, polanski basically said f'''k you and took off....I think he went to France....this was like 40 years ago...they've tried to get him, when he went to other countries, but never could....

Back