If you think Jones is the GOAT, please answer this question

If he isn't the goat, then who is? "YoU hAvE tO fAlL iNtO oNe Of ThReE cAtEgOrIeS": a) Fedor b) GSP c) Anderson Silva

Who knows if Fedor was on the juice or not, but he certainly competed when many others were. If he wasn't and was still dominate, that would prove your option C that steroids must not make a difference. If he was on the juice, he is no better than Jones.

GSP had multiple losses, one of which was to Matt fucking Serra, and conveniently went inactive once USADA came around (even though he was the one that called for it).

Anderson Silva has a loss to Michael fucking Bisping. Not that I need to say more, but he also popped for steroids.

Jon's no saint, but he sure as hell is the GOAT.

649f19f8a9e173d15c824ded63bf689a.gif

The real question is do you (or anyone else) think that Gustaffson or Cormier were also on PEDs? Those are Jones' best wins, and since he won by competitive margins, its worth discussion.
well, that and was jones realizing performance enhancing benefits when he fought either of them......

B and C, and you don't have to be a "die hard fan" to think jones is the goat, at this point it's just common sense

Hard to call the GOAT someone who cutts weight.
When you cutt weight, it means that you are afraid of someone.

His ped busts disallow him from any GOAT talks, in my eyes. But, he has alot of fans.

How many fights was he on ped's though? A couple? most of his fights? all of his fights?

If it was only a couple of his fights, you just can put those fights as no contest and he still will have a tremendous record. I'm a huge Fedor fan, but Jones is close to being the GOAT. What will solidify it? is if he gets the HW belt. Than he's clear cut the greatest MMA fighter.

I don't think he's the GOAT but everybody takes PEDs so although it is a blemish to get caught it doesn't eliminate him from the running for me.

Fedor is the GOAT. Because he is the GOAT HW and went 10 years at the hardest weight class to not lose in and didn't lose.

I disagree but respect your opinion because at least you have the common sense to acknowledge that all these guys are on performance enhancers.

FYI a strong argument could be made for Bones Fedor or Silva, the 3 are interchangeable.

He's the GOAT. Such trace amounts in his system had no performance enhancing effects . Clearly a contaminant of some supplement/sex pills he was taking. His fight IQ is amazing too, you can't steroid that. He's a questionable human being but the MMA GOAT, and he's just entering his prime which is a scary thought.

How many fights was he on ped's though? A couple? most of his fights? all of his fights?

If it was only a couple of his fights, you just can put those fights as no contest and he still will have a tremendous record. I'm a huge Fedor fan, but Jones is close to being the GOAT. What will solidify it? is if he gets the HW belt. Than he's clear cut the greatest MMA fighter.

Once a ped cheat always a ped cheat... just ask A Silva.

Jones’ whole career would be wiped off the record in any real sport. Either you’re a proven cheater, or you aren’t.

If he isn't the goat, then who is? "YoU hAvE tO fAlL iNtO oNe Of ThReE cAtEgOrIeS": a) Fedor b) GSP c) Anderson Silva

Who knows if Fedor was on the juice or not, but he certainly competed when many others were. If he wasn't and was still dominate, that would prove your option C that steroids must not make a difference. If he was on the juice, he is no better than Jones.

GSP had multiple losses, one of which was to Matt fucking Serra, and conveniently went inactive once USADA came around (even though he was the one that called for it).

Anderson Silva has a loss to Michael fucking Bisping. Not that I need to say more, but he also popped for steroids.

Where the proof that Fedor was on the juice? He's never been caught. Just because others were taking it doesn't mean he was too.

- Didn't make his name off beating celebrities coming from another organisation past prime and looking 2 weight divisions bigger
- Never been popped for PEDS
- Never even cheated in the ring unlike Mr. Eyepokes
- Undefeated
- Most dominant fighter ever
- Never been battered and bruised like the 2 other GOAT contenders
- Only lost 1 round in his entire MMA career thus far, Jones has lost a fight on a judge's score card (Santos)
- Does all this in the deepest division in MMA history

KHABIB GOAT.jpg

I figure if you think he is the GOAT, you fall into one of 3 groups:

You either think (A) he never took steroids, (B) think he did, but think that everyone else is on steroids too so it doesn't matter, or (C) think that steroids don't matter and that he'd have beaten everyone he has even if he were clean.

So which group do you fall into? I'm trying to figure out the thinking of all his diehard fans and each and every one of them has to fall into one of these three groups.
or D he is not the greatest ever in my opinion

- Didn't make his name off beating celebrities coming from another organisation past prime and looking 2 weight divisions bigger
- Undefeated
- Only lost 1 round in his entire MMA career thus far, Jones has lost a fight on a judge's score card (Santos)
this is a true statement.

- Undefeated

View attachment 723077
THIS!!!!!

Jones’ whole career would be wiped off the record in any real sport. Either you’re a proven cheater, or you aren’t.
jones wouldn't have been flagged in any "real" sport.

Valid point, but I disagree.

Yes he's proven he's cheated in the past. And he was punished and did his time. Now he's not cheating from what we know so far. And his last 3 fights he's been clean so I'm willing to forgive the guy for his past. He's a great talent and it would be a waste if he was banned from fighting altogether. Which I believe you wish happened.

Besides the picograms or whatever, when did he test positive?

I don't really think the picograms is a blemish on his record at all. The amount was so small that it could not help him and it's also so small no one could intentionally put an amount of that quantity inside themselves.

Back