If you think Jones is the GOAT, please answer this question

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Here's the thing, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Here's the thing It depends on my Depends.

I figure if you think he is the GOAT, you fall into one of 3 groups:

You either think (A) he never took steroids, (B) think he did, but think that everyone else is on steroids too so it doesn't matter, or (C) think that steroids don't matter and that he'd have beaten everyone he has even if he were clean.

So which group do you fall into? I'm trying to figure out the thinking of all his diehard fans and each and every one of them has to fall into one of these three groups.

2. weed ベルセルク

3. Franklin U. Gold Belt

Idk - and I'm not one of jon's supporters or detractors. Hes still only 32- let's see if he continues to be undefeated as a clean fighter. I mean, I'm certainly not going to wipe out this guys accomplishments off him getting popped as you've mentioned ( before usada - God only knows ....and those same guys were losing on top).
    It's also not so easy to be like " omg, Jones obviously fails the " eye test" ( yes, I know steroids come in different forms to get different results).
    The karma ball hasnt hit Jones with a loss yet so I'll give Jon Jones the benefit of the doubt. You can disagree and that's fine. Right now ( and this should speak for something), a clean Jon Jones would open the betting favorite over any cage fighter/mmartist in the world.

We'll see how the rest of his prime years play out but until then........

* and I'm a mousasi guy so I'm for usada and I cant stand cheaters.....especially in a brutal game like this one.

4. poor form Banned Banned

His ped busts disallow him from any GOAT talks, in my eyes. But, he has alot of fans.

5. wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

I don't think he's the GOAT but everybody takes PEDs so although it is a blemish to get caught it doesn't eliminate him from the running for me.

Fedor is the GOAT. Because he is the GOAT HW and went 10 years at the hardest weight class to not lose in and didn't lose.

6. Leinster Rugby Black Belt

He's the GOAT driver
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. submerged88 The 88 refers to a car--not H H.

I picked a, b and c. Gsp tapped to strikes, fedor got beat by some cans and jones is the goat

8. Rampage_Jackson Red Belt

little of B, little of C

9. Make Sherdog Great Again TRUMP is your GOAT

Jones = GOAT.

/thread

10. youllneverwalkalone Purple Belt

I think the whole concept of GOAT is stupid tbh.

P.S: literally nobody, not even the most diehard Jones fan, would go with "A".

11. accolyte1022 Loner Belt

I like watching fights, and don't get caught up in the drama. Some b and c, like others have said.

12. loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

B and a half. I think he took steroids, I think a lot of fighters do or did, but I'm not gonna say "they're all on roids".

It's mostly that I stopped caring about "who's done it and who hasn't" a decade or so ago. I would prefer that everyone played by the rules, but they don't. And there's no way to know who does and who doesn't. Are the ones not getting caught simply smarter than the ones who do?

It doesn't matter. It's all entertainment.

13. Iron Skin Black Belt

Jones' fans uses the same argument as the brazillians leftists, that every politician are corrupt so there's nothing wrong with their favorites being in jail.

14. accolyte1022 Loner Belt

Okay. What if you are not Brazillian and don't care about politics in general?

15. legkicktko Only the Strong Survive

The real question is do you (or anyone else) think that Gustaffson or Cormier were also on PEDs? Those are Jones' best wins, and since he won by competitive margins, its worth discussion.

16. ZOD66 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I am B like Brazilians Champions before USADA after only Nunes left I wonder why?

17. legkicktko Only the Strong Survive

One side note in regards to any GOAT discussion is timeline. It's easy to see Jones as the greatest right now, because of what he's accomplished and the fact that he hasn't lost.

If you asked this question after Anderson beat Bonnar, or after Aldo beat Lamas, you may have an interesting answer. But since we've seen them lose a lot, it diminishes their legacy and presence in the discussion. Whether it should or not is another story.

Anderson was near 40 when he started losing. If Jones hangs around that long, the same could easily happen to him. After 4 or 5 bad losses, we will see what people think about his GOAT status.

18. Askafan Brown Belt

It's a well known fact on Sherdog that everyone is on PEDs, except for the guys who get caught, they're mostly innocent.

19. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    I fall into the group that thinks nobody's beaten him.

And don't give me any of that sissy "but but but DQ" or I'll gouge your eyes out

20. Milgrim Australopithecus - not your average hominid

I dislike Jones as much as anyone, but at this point, he may be the GOAT.

You forgot Group D - you have to judge by the official record. If the fight is official, it counts. Therefore, he lost once and only beat DC once. Even so, there is a good case to calling him #1. The only other candidates are GSP and Fedor.