If you had control of the UFC and rule what would you change?

goldentoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would make the fallowing changes:

weightclasses:
265+

womans

rounds:
2x 15 minute rounds with a 2 minute break.

Rules:
All strikes allowed standing are allowed to a downed opponent.
Fights never get stood back up for lack of activity.

Judging/scoring:
6 judges
The fight is to be judged as a whole based only on; damage, effective striking, effective grappling.

take downs mean nothing unless it is some type of slam

position or advancement of position alone will not be scored

misc:
If a fighter cant defend his belt with in a year he loses it and gets first shot at the new champ.

a champion is allowed to fight in 2 weight class as long as he defends the belt at least once a year in each division.

more fights between fighters in different divisions

If you had control over the UFC you still wouldn't be able to do most of the stuff you just mentioned.

Also, by making a 230lbs weightclass you made a very weak weightclass even weaker.

id make wwf type call outs more important than they are now - unfortunately that kind of thing isnt valued at the moment

This thread has never been done.

Knees an Soccer Kicks are back in

Also, I hate all of TS' changes. lol.

I'd sell the company.

Seriously, why do so many people want to split 205/265? The two divisions together aren't even as stacked as LW or WW, and you'd end up with a Gasweight division (265+) with like 10 fighters no one would want to watch. The only division it would make sense to add would be a junior welterweight/super lightweight between 155/170.

With that said, only thing I'd really change are soccer kicks/knees to a downed opponent.

You'd ruin a lot of careers if you made the discrepancy between lightweight and
welterweight that big.

Realistically, I'd pay fighters more. I also wouldn't allow non-deserved title shots.
Perhaps a bit fantastical... maybe the occasional one night-multi fight tournament.

No extended fingers in the face of an opponent.

add soccer kicks and stomps.

get rid of the 12-6 elbows rule.

overtime round if fight ends in draw.

Add circus fights.

add pride style tournaments

Points deducted when fighters become human blankets.

The only weight classes that need work are the lower ones.

Maybe put 135/145 together and make it 140. That is the only change I would make to the fighting.

All fighters get a max of 9 weeks to prepare for fights so everybody has the same amount of time to get ready. Fights like Werdum vs Cain shouldn't be made so far in advance. I guess this fight is under special circumstances because it is for the title, TUF, and Mexico.

ill add tigers... like gladiator, but worse!

Oh, I'd line the inside of the cage with torches at each post, gladiator style
to reduce the chance of wall and stall.

I'd change the 'downed' rule to mean that your torso must be on the mat. If you're kneeling in someones' guard = not downed, enjoy your upkick.

12-6 rule gone

10 point must gone, fight judged as a whole by 4 judges, plus ref.

Championship belts gone in favor of seasonal trophies.

155 lb wmma division for the one fighter of note that fights at that weight?

I'd regularly do eight man tournaments comprised of four guys that are just outside the top ten, two guys that are journeymen, two prospects.

The semi final bouts would be either free on fight pass or on FSN and the final would he the co main or third to last bout on the card for recovery time.

I would be doing everything in my power to work with AC's to make sure not another fight takes place under the utter failure of a scoring system that's in place right now.

I would work with refs, commissioners, and fighters to create a new scoring system in which the fight is judged as a whole, and effective criteria is established.

I would then give a long speech on how embarrassing it's been to sanction MMA fights for so long under the scoring system that was in place.

I would add upkicks to guys in guard. This would at least stop SOME lay and pray and who the fuck wouldn't upkick someone in a REAL fight anyway? Silva wouldn't have been DQd against Okami and Vera might've actually beaten Jones had this rule been allowed universally. Would change the game and make things more exciting if you ask me.

Probably knees to downed opponents as well. That whole "Let me put one hand down so you can't knee me" shit is whack and on top of that I've seen guys get away with kneeing downed opponents anyway. Just look at Houston Alexander vs Jardine. That was a total knee to a downed opponent yet Alexander was praised for it.

No more dumb 12-6 elbow rule as someone mentioned.

Back