If you had control of the UFC and rule what would you change?

Still score 3/5 rounds as is, but use full 10 point system. 10-7 would be the most common score. 10-9s only used for absolute nail biters. Current 10-8s would be like 10-4s

Fighters get randomly weighed at the same time they get randomly drug tested. 2-4 weeks before the fight, must be between 10% of weigh class or 30% fine. Not the most drastic rule change and on deters massive cutters.

a fighter who purposely downs himself with a hand on the mat gets a call out from the ref "Own down" when this happens, other fighter can knee/kick to the head here

Don't want to change anything big, but I would like to see these and think they are doable

Seriously, why do so many people want to split 205/265? The two divisions together aren't even as stacked as LW or WW, and you'd end up with a Gasweight division (265+) with like 10 fighters no one would want to watch. The only division it would make sense to add would be a junior welterweight/super lightweight between 155/170.

With that said, only thing I'd really change are soccer kicks/knees to a downed opponent.

Once they are stacked, I want to see 205, 235, 265.

More divisions also gives them more title fights.

Alot of you don't seem realize that the UFC cannot change the Unified Rules.

Every fight would be five rounds.

This is a good one.
I'd change the 'downed opponent' rule to mean both knees grounded, not a stupid finger on the mat.
More knowledgeable judges
Better advertising with segments like a day in the life of: and talk show featuring trainers, coaches, celebrities, and fighters.
Better incentives that encourage finishes over cruising to victory.

Pride rules.

New Gloves.

Less plastic ring girls.

Champions accept any fight they are given, if they deny a fight they are automatically stripped of the belt if they are healthy.

We have a winner suggestion here.

knees to the head of a grounded opponent.

Guest ring girls!

Scarlett Johansen, Jessica Alba, Olivia Munn, Chaning Tatum, Shakira... and so on.

I'd do what I could to separate the UFC from the government. If the UFC fighters were unionized, would we need government involvement?

I'd change the fence to a type of plexiglass to prevent grabbing the fence

Plexiglass is too hard.

They could make a hybrid out of a trampoline safety net using using Spider Silk with the holes too small for digits and thin enough to be less visually obstructive than the currrent fence. The tension on it could be made very tight aswell and it would still have enough give/flex in it.

It would be rather expensive, but Dana White could easily afford to have one made to test it out.
[YT]WUFxdPVfG38[/YT]

GP tournaments.

10 minute first rounds.

Knees and kicks to downed opponents, 12-6 elbows legal

Instead of TUF I would do Reem style documentaries on all top 10 fighters.

Bigger entrances, pride style, to build up the fighters and Lenne Hardt. Get rid of Goldie, actually make this #1

Change the octagon to a circle.

Make the fighters the most seen commodity and not the fucking promoter

Most of these rule changes are up to the AC's to determine.

Octagon or circular cage isn't that much of a difference, since an octagon is circular just with flat sides instead.

One thing I would make sure that Big John McCarthy was reffing on every event that they did.

I'd make takedowns less affective on the scorecards and add soccer kicks.

Can anyone explain what this means?

And this.

Well there certainly isn't enough detail here, or anything to actually sample to ever even make a fair judgment of this example.

Dude. I don't think you've actually addressed 1 thing you've quoted from me.

Really I can only attribute this to how little sense the scoring system makes. It scrambles peoples brains.

My thesis is the scoring should be set up where the fighters and audience aren't surprised when they hear the winner announced. It's not fair to a fighter that thinks he's winning and has every reason to believe he's winning to find out he lost. If the scoring is predictable then a guy should know he's losing and try his hardest to score the finish.

In judging make no points for LNP.
Give points for jiu jitsu defense. 1 point for sub attempt, 1/2 for defense.
12/6 elbow rule, it's a nuisance.
Mainly make it so being on top doesn't win fights. Seeing more judging this way but not widespread enough.
Aggression standing still worth more than defense. Making the fight happen worth more. Tough coming from a machida fan, but that's how I see
It.

Pride rules, Pride Gloves, Ring.

Oh and Asian women.

Back