If you had control of the UFC and rule what would you change?

I would be doing everything in my power to work with AC's to make sure not another fight takes place under the utter failure of a scoring system that's in place right now.

I would work with refs, commissioners, and fighters to create a new scoring system in which the fight is judged as a whole, and effective criteria is established.

I would then give a long speech on how embarrassing it's been to sanction MMA fights for so long under the scoring system that was in place.

The scoring system would be fine if they properly penalized stalling. As is it's rewarded

If I ran the UFC I'd make eye poking illegal...

If you had control over the UFC you still wouldn't be able to do most of the stuff you just mentioned.

I know I shouldn't be completely blown away people still don't understand the basic concept of an athletic commission....and yet they get me everytime.

I'd probably take a little while longer think about the scoring system if you honestly believe it would be just fine.

Even with proper judging and everything done absolutely perfectly, there will still be fights where everyone is wondering how in the hell the guy getting his hand raised could have won.

The system in place right now, being used perfectly can allow fighters to barley edge out a couple rounds by the skin of their teeth, get pummeled in the final round, and they either win or get a draw at the worst.

There is nothing fine about that. It's an embarrassment and a problem so gigantic that I can't even put it into words.

You should try! That's what this forum is here for!

At the core it's a sport with scoring criteria that shouldn't surprise anyone. Predictability of scoring is the key for sport.

If I edge you out narrowly for four rounds then you beat the piss out of me round five, it's not an outrage. Or shouldn't be. You can either go for the finish or points.

If you're beating the piss out of me round five you better finish me, the audience might be roaring for you to, but if you don't they'll know what the judges are gonna say.

adopt pride rules and judging.

/thread

If I was I charge of the ufc, I would have someone watch sherdog posters. Soon as someone made a stupid thread or thread that has been made 9 million times, I would have someone beat them in face repeatedly.

Would make stomps and soccer kicks legal.

Pride rules.

New Gloves.

Less plastic ring girls.

Champions accept any fight they are given, if they deny a fight they are automatically stripped of the belt if they are healthy.

- add 105, 115, 125 and 145 women's divisions
- no elbows to the head
- allow vertical upkicks to the head from the guard if the fighter has his back on the floor
- break more for inactivity during grappling/clinch (similar to M-1 and KSW pace)
- fighter disqualified for 3 unintentional fouls
- 3 knockdowns in a round rule
- points calculated not round by round but on the whole fight
- fighters must wear always the same attire
- fighters can wear gi, shootboxing pants, rashguards
- white octagonal rage (an hybrid between cage and boxing ring used in M-1 Global)
- 8-man tournaments (not in the same day) involving top 10-20 fighters, or for vacant belts
- a point system that depends on victories and the way a fighter won/lost to determinate matchups and how a fighter is close to a title shot

I'd change the fence to a type of plexiglass to prevent grabbing the fence

Weight classes

Absolute
(so LHW stops leeching all potential HW talent)

Rules:
Legalize knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent

Judging:
Increase the frequency of 10-8 and 10-10 rounds

Back