If you didn't gain respect for Colby, you are not a true MMA fan.....

Touch of Death

Free @Soul On Ice
@Brown
Reaction score
Had a broken jaw and didn't quit, showing heart.

Through his promotion people actually cared to watch the event. The UFC doesn't promote their fighters well, what's the issue with Colby's self promotion. I agree some of the things such as the Glenn Robinson shot were excessive and unnecessary but for the most part he has been entertaining and come fight night, brings it.

He was up 3-1, even on one scorecard and down 3-1 on another scorecard. If he fine tunes some aspects of his game such as employing more body shots like Usman, he can definitely win.

I picked Usman to win so I am not surprised by the result but Colby can definitely come back stronger. He is a true fighter and if you didn't gain respect for him after that performance, you don't appreciate elite MMA.

There's more Colby haters than Snoozeman fans on here!
download (5).jpg

Yeah I had a ton of respect for the way he fought yesterday, but let's be honest: with a schtick like that you're often not going to get sympathy or respect.

Had respect for him before the fight untill he wilt like a p and ran from the arena

Oh I think most MMA fans know he’s a good fighter.

But he’s getting his comeuppance for obvious reasons.

Frankly, he wants this backlash. He strives for it. So his fans shouldn’t complain when he gets what he works so hard for.

Good fight. I’ll remember the fight, not the out-of-octagon man-drama.

Live by the sword... Die by the sword.

If he didn't run away at the end then it might be a different story.

Or if he had been respectful in the build up.

This is a guy who didn't hesitate to insult the dead, play edge-lord with bitter politics, and accuse his opponents of doping.

Then he only brought 2 rounds of his self-proclaimed "cardio" and you want to respect him because he took a beating before getting mangled.

<DisgustingHHH>

Yeah I had a ton of respect for the way he fought yesterday, but let's be honest: with a schtick like that you're often not going to get sympathy or respect.

Tbf, Shertards have always been pussies when it comes to this sort of thing. Bisping got 7+ years of hate for regular British sarcasm and having the audacity to beat team USA on TUF.

People on here have glass egos and act like someone beat up their mother whenever someone says some things they don't like.

Through his promotion people actually cared to watch the event. The UFC doesn't promote their fighters well, what's the issue with Colby's self promotion. I agree some of the things such as the Glenn Robinson shot were excessive and unnecessary but for the most part he has been entertaining and come fight night, brings it.

He was up 3-1, even on one scorecard and down 3-1 on another scorecard. If he fine tunes some aspects of his game such as employing more body shots like Usman, he can definitely win.

I picked Usman to win so I am not surprised by the result but Colby can definitely come back stronger. He is a true fighter and if you didn't gain respect for him after that performance, you don't appreciate elite MMA.

I would never be a fan of a race baiting loser. You'd have to be an idiot to admire that sort of bullshit.

I initially gained respect right after the fight. But lost it as soon as he made excuses and cried about being robbed lol.

Dude is a clown. You got your jaw broken and was getting killed in the last round. Stfu and take the L like a man

Tbf, Shertards have always been pussies when it comes to this sort of thing. Bisping got 7+ years of hate for regular British sarcasm and having the audacity to beat team USA on TUF.

People on here have glass egos and act like someone beat up their mother whenever someone says some things they don't like.

Hey I'm a Bisping fan but his actions against Rivera in Aus were pretty ordinary: spitting into his corner and a blatant illegal knee, they'd be reasons to get hate i'd think. (This was after Hendo v Bisping 1 though)

I respect the fighter colby.

Fuck that guy though.

I agree. I Honestly hated Colby until last night. He's tougher than I thought he was. It was a great fight overall.

The fight went about how I expected, with Usman winning it late. Even if the stoppage hadn't happened, I had it 3-2 Usman at that point. The only problem I had with anything was Goddard stopping the fight due to hammerfists to the back of Colby's head. Colby got hurt and got dropped hard, but he wasn't completely out, nor was he completely defenseless until Usman bashed the back of his head. To call a TKO from hammerfists to the back of the head is BS. I'm not even a Colby fan, but a rule exists, and to stop a fight in direct violation of that rule just didn't seem right to me.

I'm very interested to see a rematch at this point.

There's more Colby haters than Snoozeman fans on here!
View attachment 693949

No need to fine tune anything. Dude was winning at least 2 out of first 3 on TWO judges score cards before the jaw break. And, one the 4th AFTER jaw break.

I have no doubt in my mind he wins a rematch and he would have won yesterday if it wasnt for 1 in 1000 fluke jaw break.

I mean how often jaw breaks? once every 50 fights? 200 sig strikes per fight? fluke?

i did but i lost it after his latest tweet criticizing the ref. He could've gave respect to Usman for a great fight like Usman did during the post fight press conference, but he didn't . So fuck him and his incel alt right basement dwelling fan base

loek9kpTURBXy8wYmEyMzBmMTE1YTc5YmMyNzgwYzBkMWNkZTFmMmQ1Yi5qcGeRkwXNAxTNAbyBoTAB

I am not convinced that it is all an act now.
He had the opportunity to congratulate Usman but just blamed the ref.
I was actually hoping he would win because of his beef with Dana.
I don't see the running as a big deal because he was probably scared as hell about his jaw, his tweet was stupid though, made him look like such a sore loser.

Definitely dont have any respect for Colby as a person. The Glen Robinson, Matt Hughes and general race baiting comments are sad. He certainly is tough in that he kept fighting with a broken jaw. Not sure how he improves vs Usman as his only tool to win fights has been his wrestle-robics and he didn't try one TD for fear of getting smashed in the wrestling. He stayed standing while getting dominated on the feet. "Look at their Face" isn't always the story but Usman busted his face open, broke his jaw, dropped him twice and if the ref hadn't stopped it when he did Colby likely gets KO'd cold. If it hadn't been stopped it was 100% a 10-8 round.

He isn't man enough to say it wasn't my night and Kamaru was the better man but I will come back. Instead he made excuses and blamed others. He lost and it wasn't close.

He fought his guts out and I loved the fight..

However I get that he is a huge fan of pro wrestling, hence the gimmick.. Well as a fan of pro wrestling he needs what they call a "Face Turn"

Crowd was actually cheering him on at points last night. He is not going to be able to get another shot with this same old, "Trump Sympathizer, I fuck hot chicks daily, you are all virgin losers" bit again. Start acting more like a normal human being again, and get some fans bro..

Back