If you didn't gain respect for Colby, you are not a true MMA fan.....

Crappy Colby was utterly emasculated and will now be eating meals through a straw. I can’t respect such a failure. Sad.

Bullshit thread.
I couldn't respect Colby if he were to save babies from burning buildings for the rest of his life.
Having a skill doesn't mean he deserves respect.
The way he behaves himself is the only thing that can bring him respect and since he's an asshole, he gets zero respect.
And it has nothing to do with being a "true MMA fan", but with being a decent person.
I have been watching combat sports for over 45 years, I forgot things you haven't even learned yet.

Colby Covington doesn't want respect. He wants hatred because he is a simpleton who believes that it will get him far. Therefore, hate is what he is getting from me.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Stop trying to police people's reactions. And to all the morons talking about how it was a shtick, there are are many directions he could've taken that didn't involve exploiting xenophobic and racist rhetoric. Like Brazil filthy animals, calling kamaru boy, calling tyron a filthy animal as well and colby, as a white man accusing Woodley of being a whiner for complaining about the racism

I definitely gained a measure of respect for his resolve and toughness. That make or break moment after rd 3 where he said twice to his corner he broke his jaw, could tell he was panicing. But they calmed him down enough to realize it was make a choice, either just deal with it and soldier on. Or go out on the stool in shame knowing you'd never live down the irony of claiming you'd break the other guys jaw, to quitting on the stool with your own.

You're confusing accepting facts with hating... No one is saying he's not a good fighter. I certainly wouldn't say that, or that he isn't a tough kid... They're just saying he's a twat, and that seeing him beaten up and humiliated was a beautiful thing.

Respect has nothing to do with it.

If Colby defines your love for MMA I don’t view you as a true MMA fan.

You’re a media whore/hugger.

Let’s focus on someone else for f sake

Back