If you are confused about the ESPN coverage this weekend ...

FP would be alive no matter what
The catalogue & the other fight promotions have value
They just added boxing (2x a month) as well

plus the ESPN+ is only stateside
im actually thinking about cancelling it.. trying to skim the fat off cable/internet bill.. fightpass might be part of it if i add espn

im actually thinking about cancelling it.. trying to skim the fat off cable/internet bill.. fightpass might be part of it if i add espn

I'm sure UFC/WME is expecting a hit
but ESPN+ $150m guarantee a year (ave) for 5 years makes up for it.

FP had 400-450k subs (last report)
So that is about $18-20m a year gross before content/staff expenses
If they lost every sub, it would be worth it.
But they won't.

Stream channels will have a hard time keeping up with this...

I miss VHS

I miss UHF

white_noise.jpg

Its ridiculous. You now need ESPN, ESPN+,Facebook, Fightpass, ESPNnews and on top of it the PPVs

You dont need FB, if you have cable you have ESPN, fightpass is done. They won’t have any new content as far as fights in the UFC anymore. They will have other orgs and the grappling stuff still though.

If you get ESPN+, its $5 a month (half cost of FP). You can watch ESPN (by logging in via your cable provider) in the ESPN+ app itself so you don’t need to do anything but click the button for it.

ESPN+ is great.

Edit just did some searching, on espn site for the schedule it says early prelims for the ppv events are on “UFC” so maybe fightpass will still be used for a few fights every month. Meh.

Last edited:
Too bad I live in Colombia and I still have no idea at what channels they'll show the fights.

Early Prelims I THINK it will be on Fight Pass for the rest of the world.
Prelims and Main Card on Fox Sports Latin America as always.

I pay for Directv, I would pay the 4.99 if I could watch through Direct and use my DVR but this app thing just isn't happening with me.

Just smoke a shit ton of weed and take dabs while waiting for the maincard to come on
Then turn the stream on. That's what real G's do. Only stream I bought recently was Khabib vs Conor cause I knew the streams would be shit lmao.

that's alot of numbers letters and symbols and shit. Am I going to have to do fucking research the week before an event just to find out which stupid bullshit channels coverage is gonna be on?

Just smoke a shit ton of weed and take dabs while waiting for the maincard to come on
Then turn the stream on. That's what real G's do. Only stream I bought recently was Khabib vs Conor cause I knew the streams would be shit lmao.
What's a dab? asking for real. I'm old

Back