• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If we gather all the money and divide equally

No.

And I'm also going to push back against the opinion that we'd end up with the "same distribution but different actors."

I know these are unpopular historical facts among the "red-pilled/ West is the best" set, but modern economies were founded on slavery, imperialism, and exploitation of labor. A lot of generational wealth-- including property ownership-- was gotten under historical circumstances that would no longer be legal today. And it's not just money; you'd also have to revoke and reset private rights to land and natural resources.

Last edited:
There's an old saying ya know. You can take the person out the hood but you can't take the hood out the person.

If people don’t know how to manage money when they are broke they won’t know how to handle it when they are rich. I remember reading something about how like lottery winners most NFL and NBA players are broke five or less years after they are done playing.

Good point

Getting out of debt is harder than staying out.

While @White Whale has a point this is sort of my thinking as well . . . once I get everything paid off I would feel much better about how I would handle things moving forward.

You know the propaganda has been hugely successful when the average joe can look at a billionaire and legitimately consider him the equivalent of the guy who carried the most rocks to his pile every day.
Who said billionaire? The question was whether things would fall back into place if everything started over, and you think we should blow up our economic system because you're jealous of 500 guys?

There's an incredible number of people in between Jeff Bezos and burger flipper, and you want to take your Jeff Bezos jealously out on everyone who's just doing well for themselves. If you don't like how much money these guys make, stop giving them money by using their stuff. It's not like if they didn't have money, you'd be making it instead.

Back