• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If we gather all the money and divide equally

Richmma80

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
If we gather up all the money in the US and divide equally, do you think it's a matter of time until the rich now become rich again, and for the poor to lose their money and be at the same situation they're at now? Someone posted this not so long ago.

A fool and his money are soon parted so I say yes

I don’t think the people born into extreme wealth would ever make that kind of money.

If you are just talking straight cash, it would reset to normal within a few years.

If you are talking ALL assets... complete financial and economic collapse within a year that would take decades to climb out of.

Speaking simplistically and generally, yes, a wealth gap would eventually emerge.

Take a hundred people. Have them gather and pile up rocks all day. At the end of the day you're going to have different sized piles due to a variance in work ethic, strength, skill, and a variety of other traits that would be manifested during the chore.

For many probably not. It would be like a vacuum was suddenly created.. would be highly unlikely that all the same people would fill it. There are lots of smart and talented people out there.

I don’t think the people born into extreme wealth would ever make that kind of money.

Yeah. The ones who are rich from creating a startup company or something? They'll have it back in no time as a bunch of people who aren't used to this level of disposal income looks for exciting things to blow it on. The ones who were born into money I would expect to become con artists with pyramid and ponzi schemes to try and trick the "idiots" into joining into in their own desperation to regain their former lives and feeling of being powerful.

Also of note, the combined household wealth of Americans is 95 Trillion according to Forbes. US population is 235 million. So it's just shy of 300k per household.

300k isn't nearly enough to live on forever, but you can bet your ass way, way too many people would just quit their jobs

Conor bought a yacht WTF

Interesting idea..I think it would work out something like this..

The people who inherited vast wealth would end up dead broke and possibly dead dead...

The steady hard working middle class people would chug along doing fine..

The desperately poor , this is where it gets questionable...I would say at least 60% end up broke again, The other 40% will be OK..

That Dave Chapelle skit about reparations works for everybody.

You may think yall dont like chrome rims and loud pipes...

Just wait till you have "stupid money."

"Hmmm gosh golly gee willikers, I think I'm gonna put some 22 inch Assassin II's on the ol Aztec."

If we gather up all the money in the US and divide equally, do you think it's a matter of time until the rich now become rich again, and for the poor to lose their money and be at the same situation they're at now? Someone posted this not so long ago.
Yep

5198feee6bb3f79313000000-750.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Take a hundred people. Have them gather and pile up rocks all day. At the end of the day you're going to have different sized piles due to a variance in work ethic, strength, skill, and a variety of other traits that would be manifested during the chore.

You know what you will never see in this scenario, though? One person with hundreds of times as many rocks piled up as a neighboring rock piler. Because there are only so many hours in a day that a single human being can physically labor.

You would only see significant inequality in rock pile size if one of the workers were able to make other laborers carry a certain percentage of their rocks to his pile.

This is exactly the problem with capitalism. And what allows it to concentrate such outrageous amounts of wealth in the hands of a single individual.

You know what you will never see in this scenario, though? One person with hundreds of times as many rocks piled up as a neighboring rock piler. Because there are only so many hours in a day that a single human being can physically labor.

You would only see significant inequality in rock pile size if one of the workers were able to make other laborers carry a certain percentage of their rocks to his pile.

This is exactly the problem with capitalism. And what allows it to concentrate such outrageous amounts of wealth in the hands of a single individual.
I agree with this.

Wealth disparity is good to keep innovation moving. A hierarchy is fine with me.

My problem is the abject suffering on the back end and the uneven access to resources.

In this day and age, its cruel.

The rich won't all become rich again. Some will, some won't. Without fundamental changes, you'll eventually see a return to prior distribution, but not with the exact same actors. There are plenty of savvy poor people who would do very well and plenty of very stupid and financially unskilled rich people who would do very badly. I mean....do you honestly think Eric and Don, Jr. seem like they have the faculties to become independently wealthy?

One thing is for sure: the distribution would be markedly more meritocratic, since its formation wouldn't be built on a foundation of imperialism, slavery, and exploitation.

Last edited:
Wealth disparity is good to keep innovation moving. A hierarchy is fine with me.

Hopefully you recognize that this disparity between the average worker and the actual innovators - the research scientists - is small, relatively speaking. And has nothing to do with the levels of disparity that reasonable people are actually worried about.

Did he make them do it or did he pay them...There’s a difference

Hopefully you recognize that this disparity between the average worker and the actual innovators - the research scientists - is small, relatively speaking. And has nothing to do with the levels of disparity that reasonable people are actually worried about.
This conversation started too general for me and continues to be, but, yeah, I see your point.

I mean....do you honestly think Eric and Don, Jr. seem like they have the faculties to become independently wealthy?

I think they would do OK.

Eric: How are we going to build a luxury high rise and charge people a lot of rent to live in it if we only have $2,058.00 in the bank?

Don Jr: Use your head, Eric. If we both put in 10 hours a week of OT at Best Buy we can save up the capital necessary to build that high rise. Remember what dad taught us - Building wealth is a matter of discipline and patience. We can't fall prey to the desire for instant gratification.

You damned commie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back