If we are being honest go rewatch Valentina VS Nunes

No, you scrub. Amanda doesn’t say her name because she beat her twice lol. She has nothing left to prove. Salty Shev fanboys BTFO.

<{anton}>
Shevchenko fans at it again. First of all, there is no way she did enough in that fight to say she "deserved" the win. If you score it for her, fine, that isn't outrageous. But she showed no initiative to decidedly win that fight, and Nunes has just a great argument of winning it. I scored the fight for Nunes.

Second, even if you think she won (she didn't) that only makes them 1-1 and Nunes has a MUCH greater resume overall and at 135. She has knocked out everyone who's ever held a belt at 135 and 145 all in the first round. What has Shevchenko done? Decision Holly holm and weight class smaller Joanna? It's not even close.

Third, you don't really get the pull the "but she's smaller so p4p card" Nunes moved UP a division to be double champ by knocking out a decade long champion who dominated her division. Shevchenko moved down and won her belt off a girl a division below that who was 1-3 coming in (by decision). Nunes has a tremendously greater P4P resume. Knocking out a champ of the higher division > going 0-2 with someone bigger than you.

<DC-Champ>

Valentina VS Nunes is the clear fight to be made next at 135 let Valentina be the next Champ Champ

No, it's not. The last fight was boring and both gals are much more entertaining to watch brutally knocking out lesser fighters. There is zero need to rush a third fight. Let them clean out their divisions first and do what champions are supposed to do.

fight 1 was super close and I think could've gone either way. fight 2 I had valentina all the way. but they were both pretty close TS

{<huh}

There is no argument for the first fight. Nunes clearly won the first two rounds and lost the third. The second fight is the one that could've gone either way.

{<huh}

There is no argument for the first fight. Nunes clearly won the first two rounds and lost the third. The second fight is the one that could've gone either way.
I can live with that I had Nunes too but it was close all I'm saying

I can live with that I had Nunes too but it was close all I'm saying

Literally everyone who scored the fight gave it to Nunes. The second round was a 10-8. Then she gassed and Valentina won the third. There is no discussion to be had. Nunes won and did it definitively. You can argue the second fight all you want, but Nunes won the first as decisively a decision as you could ask for.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/6871/Amanda-Nunes-vs-Valentina-Shevchenko

Shevchenko beat her..she got ROBBED...Notice Nunes wont even say her name. But Shevchenko has said hers plenty. She wants the rematch and said that Amanda knows she got beat.
Why would she say the name of a girl she beat twice and is fighting at a lower weight class? This calling out lower weight class fighters is some bitch shit that only Dillashaw is low enough to pull.

Nunes is gonna turn Valentina's face into hamburger meat, and it will be glorious. Can't wait.
Fight wont happen anytime soon, Valentina moved on and has a division to rule until retirement comes, i thought she won the 2nd fight, not that it would be the same, but i dont see the fight happening.

Nunes vs. Valentina was kind of a bummer fight, those two are better off fighting other people, but props to Nunes to show that she doesn't have to always be the wild aggressor she naturally is.
The second fight could have gone either way, but I like the outcome since I blame Valentina for the lack of action.

Still I have a lot of respect for her and she's the rightful champ at her division, I hope both girls rule their own division(s) for a long time.

She beat Joanna? Are you referring now to a completely different sport than mma?
She has beat JJ 3 times in kickboxing, and once in MMA. Better have them bare knuckle box just to be sure.

Goats have haters. Its normal.

sure I had valentina round 2 and 1 3 Nunes. competitive close fight but I already said I thought Nunes win. second fight, I had valentina winning .

Maybe you should watch again.

Round 1 was all Nunes. Round 2 was a brutal beatdown, 10-8 in two scorecards, but Amanda exhausted herself trying to finish Val. Round 3 Amanda was gassed HARD and Valentina took over and dominated.

Rd 1 10-9 Nunes.
Rd 2 10-9 or 10-8 Nunes.
Rd 3 10-9 Shevchenko. If you're feeling generous you can score a 10-8, but there is no way you can give it to Shevchenko without scoring a 10-8 for Nunes too because Rd 2 was more dominant.

So the possible scores are 29-28, 29-27 or 28-27, all for Nunes. There is no rational way to score it for Valentina or even a draw.

{<huh}

Agree with this (Nunes definitely won the first fight but gassed HARD in rd 3), but I think Valentina somewhat clearly won the second fight. Not a blowout, maybe not a "robbery" (there's been FAR worse decisions), but I've watched it 3 times in total and just can't find a way to score it for Nunes (and the third time I even tried watching it from the perspective of being biased toward Nunes).

Either way, given that Valentina is naturally much smaller, I don't think it's unfair to say she's the best female fighter we've ever seen. That said, that is a different discussion than "Who is the female GOAT". It's Nunes. Because even though I think Valentina might be the better actual fighter, Nunes resume' is clearly the best.

Agree with this (Nunes definitely won the first fight but gassed HARD in rd 3), but I think Valentina somewhat clearly won the second fight. Not a blowout, maybe not a "robbery" (there's been FAR worse decisions), but I've watched it 3 times in total and just can't find a way to score it for Nunes (and the third time I even tried watching it from the perspective of being biased toward Nunes).

Either way, given that Valentina is naturally much smaller, I don't think it's unfair to say she's the best female fighter we've ever seen. That said, that is a different discussion than "Who is the female GOAT". It's Nunes. Because even though I think Valentina might be the better actual fighter, Nunes resume' is clearly the best.

I'm sure if you apply yourself, you'd figure out a possibility to score it for Nunes. It was split right down the middle:

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/8400/Amanda-Nunes-vs-Valentina-Shevchenko

This is pretty much the definition of a fight that could have gone either way. Neither fighter did enough to definitively win that fight.

I'm sure if you apply yourself, you'd figure out a possibility to score it for Nunes. It was split right down the middle:

This is pretty much the definition of a fight that could have gone either way. Neither fighter did enough to definitively win that fight.

Other than the first, there is no round scored the same by the three official judges. Media scores are 10-2-10, as close as a coin toss as you can get.

It's kind of amazing, actually.

I know what the media scores were. I'm just saying I've watched it 3 times now and have scored it 3 times for Valentina. Even trying to skew toward Nunes I did. I'm just one person, it doesn't mean my view is gospel. Judging has some level of subjectivity so I realize for others it might look different. To me, it's a pretty close fight that Valentina should have won. That's all.

In the bigger picture, Nunes was given the decision so it's a win for her. I still believe Shevchenko may well be the better fighter. But from a legacy standpoint it's not all that close really. Nunes is a level above her. Nunes just has better wins, and more of them.

Nunes has a better resume but Valentina is the better fighter

I thought Valentina won the second fight especially considering the size difference.

Back