If we are being honest go rewatch Valentina VS Nunes

we're talking about first fight? lol, Nunes gassed after she was trying to murder Valentina for 2 rounds. Valentina did close to nothing in 3rd when Nunes was completly gassed.
You're talking about 2nd fight like it was some f..in war, in reality it was uneventful fight, one of worst title fights in history, because:
1. Valentina is not fighter who will push pace and not because she was fighting "larger" girls, there's proof - her fight vs Jedrzejczyk, she was comfortable counterstriking basicaly short notice oponnent from 2 classes below, that's fact.
2. Nunes was in one of lowest points of her career - she was hated after her pullout 2 months before, and she was not confident because of her gastank, so she played it very safe, still almost nothing happened in this fight...so it should be draw, so no win bonus for any of them for shitshow they both delivered.

Shevchenko should make good bucks destroying Jessica Eye's of this world in her "natural" weight class,because this time there's high chance it will be asskicking., if she gonna face Amanda, and you will cry like little bitches.
LOL WTF.

I said this...

"fights very rigid against Nunes in a way that focuses on defense and neutralizing Nunes and as Machida learned in the early days, that style is not fan or judge friendly and you will likely lose the nod in close fights ..."

suggesting that her defensive fight (like many Machida fought) is not fan or judge friendly. Many find it boring.

And you reply saying I said this "...You're talking about 2nd fight like it was some f..in war, in reality it was uneventful fight..."

This is where 'not sure if serious meme' comes in.

She beat Joanna? Are you referring now to a completely different sport than mma?

Now you know I can't spell her last name. haha joanna champion...the long time champion who was ko'd by rose...jedjeccheck....there you go...terrible spelling I know.

Valentina VS Nunes is the clear fight to be made next at 135 let Valentina be the next Champ Champ

Now you know I can't spell her last name. haha joanna champion...the long time champion who was ko'd by rose...jedjeccheck....there you go...terrible spelling I know.

i wish i could ride the fact that you thought i was talking about spelling out but i keep it to real for that. I had a high moment and forgot all about that fight in mma lmfao.

I think Valentina beat Nunes in both fights and shes a natural 125er.....Valentina is the real Womans Goat!
First fight was Nunes all day. Had that been a 5 round fight tho, Valentina finishes her.

Second fight both of them let it go to the judges without attempting much so neither can complain.

LOL WTF.

I said this...

"fights very rigid against Nunes in a way that focuses on defense and neutralizing Nunes and as Machida learned in the early days, that style is not fan or judge friendly and you will likely lose the nod in close fights ..."

suggesting that her defensive fight (like many Machida fought) is not fan or judge friendly. Many find it boring.

And you reply saying I said this "...You're talking about 2nd fight like it was some f..in war, in reality it was uneventful fight..."

This is where 'not sure if serious meme' comes in.
Are you joking? Now we making comparision to Machida. Machida could f..in fight while moving forward.

What did Valentina do in either fight that won it definitively? The first was a clear 29-28 Nunes win, the second was close but Amanda controlled it and shut Valentina down.

"Notice Nunes wont even say her name."

Maybe because Saltchenko is in a different weight class now where she can whoop on washouts and cans?

Hit her more, did more damage... that sort of stuff.

Are you joking? Now we making comparision to Machida. Machida could f..in fight while moving forward.
haha i love the TUF generation fighters who don't even know what sh*t Machda got for a big part of his career for passivity. But no I was not comparing them. Just pointing out how defensive fighting, which I enjoy, does not typically win on judges scorecards.

Your av is hypnotic. I was just reading and scrolling, reading and scrolling and then BAM!!!! My eyes immediately focused on your av for at least 30 seconds as I wished there was volume for it so I could hear the water being slapped.
cellulite

Their rematch was a close but boring and forgettable fight. I don’t want to see a trilogy, and I think that I’m not alone. We can agree to disagree on who won, or who the WMMA GOAT is - to me, Nunes is the GOAT of 135 and above, and Shevchenko, if she continues to dominate, can be the equivalent for 125 and below.

fight 1 was super close and I think could've gone either way. fight 2 I had valentina all the way. but they were both pretty close TS

I don't get how people can score the first fight for Valentina.

There was not a single judge or media score that gave Valentina a round other than the third.

It’s been a while but Iirc the 2nd round was fairly debatable. I had Amanda winning but I though Valentina took over with enough time in the second to earn the round in some people’s eyes. Could be totally wrong tho. It’s been forever.

The problem is the scoring system and round 5. Edmonton was using the new scoring rules which clearly states that if most of the fight was standing, then the person who won the standup portion of the round wins the round unless the other fighter did some serious damage on the ground. If we score the round the way it should've been scored, Valentina takes it since she controlled the standup and Nunes got nothing done on the ground. Only 1 of the judges scored round 5 correctly, Valentina wins the fight if just one more judge did his job by the book.

With that said, I knew as soon as Nunes got the takedown that she was going to win the fight, that's just the way MMA judging works in a close fight.

Judging Criteria

Efficient Striking
Efficient Grappling
Octagon control
Whoever makes their opponents nose the most rose

Years ago. Remember when Cat fought Honda...

XRpZMhs.gif

If only she had been fighting Askren instead, coulda had that fastest KO record

Back