If UFC added a Division what should it be?

I would like to see them eliminate the lighter weight classes. Tell those girls and girl sized men to eat steak and potatoes and comeback when they’re at least 150lbs.

Would you rather them add a 165 division, which would also involve moving 170 to 175, a 195 division, or a 225 division with no limit on HW

I think the depth of talent is there to make 155, 165, and 175 all compelling divisions.

Above 175, I think there's only enough talent for two divisions. Make middleweight be 190 or 195, and heavyweight be everything above that.

Would you rather them add a 165 division, which would also involve moving 170 to 175, a 195 division, or a 225 division with no limit on HW
I think a 225 division would be AWESOME, as there are "HW" athletes that by any other measure would NOT be in the same weight-class as Francis, Lesnar, Carwins, etc.,

Lots of OG HWs, like prime Cro Cop, Fedor, and Big Nog, Mir, and a lot of current guys like Stipe, Volkov, and half the UFC HW roster, would be fitter and better matched at this weight that competing against guys who *cut* to make 265.

Or, as others have mentioned, a "seniors" division, although that has some problematic health/CTE repercussions.

None at all. I really want the UFC to right size the weight classes all together and limit weight cutting.

I think a 225 division would be AWESOME, as there are "HW" athletes that by any other measure would NOT be in the same weight-class as Francis, Lesnar, Carwins, etc.,

Lots of OG HWs, like prime Cro Cop, Fedor, and Big Nog, Mir, and a lot of current guys like Stipe, Volkov, and half the UFC HW roster, would be fitter and better matched at this weight that competing against guys who *cut* to make 265.

Or, as others have mentioned, a "seniors" division, although that has some problematic health/CTE repercussions.

Thru barely have enough talent for HW. Where are they gonna find the guys for a 225 division?

I'd like to see 155 & 170 converted to 155, 165, 175. There's enough depth and talent there to support it.

I would add 115.

Every time the UFC has added lighter divisions, it's highly increased the popularity and status of the divisions above it. When the UFC reintroduced lightweights the MMA community had a pissyfit. 155 was just too small and fans didn't care about those manlets. Eventually when 145 and 135 came along suddenly Lightweight was the premier division in the entire sport. When they added 125, now suddenly it was cool to like the 135'ers.

So all we need to do is keep dropping down and it'll make everyone else look like monsters. I wonder if the inverse holds true and if we add 275, 300, etc, that it would make the 205'ers look incredible.

165 is the obvious answer. 155 and 170 have more than enough fighters for a third division, plus some of the welterweight-turned-middleweights would likely move down to 175.

Well, that's the point of the division. They lost because of size because they had no business fighting in that division on the first place. This whole double champ bullshit is stupid, if anything it's telling us that we have too many divisions if is common for 1 guy to be the best at 2 weights

RDA's weight cut to 155 was too tough on him. He had to move up because of health concerns. But the option given is fighting 15 pounds above, where the small man/big man cutoff point often decides the result. With 155, 165, 175 the options for even, skill-based, not weight cutting based competition are given. It's better for competition. And is a partial solution to weight cutting, which shouldn't decide outcomes and is dangerous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back