If UFC added a Division what should it be?

155, 165, 175, 185. After those the jump from 185 to 205 is more natural than 155 to 170 as of now. LW's are smaller, 170's are often 200 pounds. The gap is too big as seen with Penn and RDA. They lose because of size. Meanwhile Hendo and Mousasi can be dangerous at 205. Stop people. While Izzy's lack of KO power and not bulking up makes it difficult to move up and beat the best.

Same goes for HW. Before Francis came around the ideal weight for HW's was thought to be around 240. All the great champions were in that range. Cain, Fedor, JDS, Werdum, Nog, Stipe. So I don't see 1 guy, Frank, transforming that notion completely. HW is also thin with top talent. Some of them would just cut to 225 or whatever Cruiserweight limit it is. Too little depth for it.

Women’s ultra heavyweight

002044a10b5b4584a3a7983a28e53dd7.png

Would you rather them add a 165 division, which would also involve moving 170 to 175, a 195 division, or a 225 division with no limit on HW
Openweight with BMF title. Masvidal should defend vs Ngannou <Lmaoo>

I’ve never understood why they have a cap at heavyweight. They need to get rid of it. It’s pointless.
Because many athletic commissions put a cap on the max weigh gap between 2 fighters, so a 205+ unlimited division wouldn't work and adding a super heavyweight division is useless. Anyway, no decent fighter is too heavy to make 265lbs with a reasonable weight cut.

I would not add anything but remove 205. That division made sense 20 years ago but now with these extreme cuts the welterweights walk around at 200 pounds, the middleweights walk around at 220 and the lightheavyweights... are literally heavyweights that are cutting a lot of weight

Last edited:
+165 (Khabib fans should want this he might come back)

+175

Uncap HW

LW's are smaller, 170's are often 200 pounds. The gap is too big as seen with Penn and RDA. They lose because of size.
Well, that's the point of the division. They lost because of size because they had no business fighting in that division on the first place. This whole double champ bullshit is stupid, if anything it's telling us that we have too many divisions if is common for 1 guy to be the best at 2 weights

Would you rather them add a 165 division, which would also involve moving 170 to 175, a 195 division, or a 225 division with no limit on HW

More divisions just waters down the talent in those divisions. 205, 185, and HW are already thinish as is. I do however think they should add a Women’s Atomweight division

Referee Division.
I would love to see some of these guys go at it.
While we're at it, add a ring card girl event.

Last edited:
The Money division.
Those who know how to get paid would be fighting for a raise.

Back