If this khabib shows up Conor will have an easy night

Hopefully it goes like this and Snoop is on live commentary.

Khabib's wrestling is about as similar to Chads as Nick Diaz's boxing is to Rumble's boxing. Khabib may walk thru him but no comparisons can be drawn between their two styles.
I agree, they are very different.

Just highlighting the fact that Conor got taken down easily by a small wrestler in a weight class below.

While Khabib is a much bigger guy and taking down his opponents, keeping them down and Gnp'ing the life out of them is his bread and butter.

True. I think Khabib is also a little more relentless and better at wrestling than most. They are also fighting at lw and Khabib is a large and strong lw. It is one thing to stifle Mendes and the like, I think it is entirely different with Khabib. We will see.

I am looking at the gas tank as the possible decider. If it goes more than 2 rounds it is heavy in favor of Khabib. Any grinding wrestling from Khabib and the gas will start to go.

Yeah, Khabib has only really been "stiffled" by Tibau who is a very solid grappler and a fucking monster who I still can't believe makes LW. Everyone else has been taken down at will for the most part so I really don't see Conor of all people stiffling Khabib takedowns.

Barring a 1 punch KO early (highly unlikely based on it only happening in 1 Conor fight) this will be a brutal beatdown from top control while Khabib whispers sweet nothings in his ear until he quits between rounds or gets finished.

People are using the Also KO as the norm..It is really an outlier.. Conor gets his KO's via multiple strikes and Khabib has show a willingness and ability to walk people down..

If he can get his hands on him.. He will put Conor on his back and it will look like the MJ or Barboza fights.

If Conor can keep distance it will be interesting to see how much he opens up and strikes knowing that he has to maintain distance for fear of the takedown. The striking is definitely advantage Conor.

Its not a good look for Conor.

However, Al Iaquinta managed to keep it standing for a while

I feel bad for conors fans and himself after khabib mauls him.

Conor has to try and dictate the pace and keep things in the center of the cage. His chances of getting taken down against the cage go up significantly. I think he needs to land a significant shot to take some steam off Khabib. IF he can't the will be mauled relentlessly

Conor This is what he does on the feet when somebody makes the smallest of mistakes.

bTBuWWC.gif

This Russian is not exactly known for good striking or striking defense.

He's going to run into the left hand.

Conor will make this look easy.

Sherfact #243: If you don't like a fighter then they never get better no matter how much time passes.

While I pretty much agree with you, I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to show us the highlight real of Khabib's striking from the Iaquinta fight.

I'll just find something else to do instead of wait cuz there isn't one. While Khabib's striking has in fact improved, I'm not gonna say he's improved to the point of it being worth something.

No doubt, he can take anyone into sambo hell pretty much at will, his striking has not improved in the ways you'd expect someone fighting and training at his level would. It just hasn't.

I don’t think enough people are giving Conor enough credit.

He’s beaten a very impressive list of very impressive fighters.

I don’t envision a scenario where khabib simply walks right through him, though i could be wrong.

People also like to pretend Conor will just fall over as soon as Khabib touches him. Conor has displayed some pretty clever, non-standard anti-wrestler strategies.

I don't think this fight is quite as one sided as a lot are making it out to be.

Lul... Khabib has his way with any man at 155.

I don’t think enough people are giving Conor enough credit.

He’s beaten a very impressive list of very impressive fighters.

I don’t envision a scenario where khabib simply walks right through him, though i could be wrong.
He’s aight. He’s no Khabib tho’

He’s aight. He’s no Khabib tho’

In that Conor actually fights top ranked opponents?

Or in that Conor defeated champions to win his belts?

Or in the sense that Conor finishes fights?

In that Conor actually fights top ranked opponents?

Or in that Conor defeated champions to win his belts?

Or in the sense that Conor finishes fights?
You hard of reading?

He’s aight, he’s no Khabib tho’

Back