If this khabib shows up Conor will have an easy night

People also like to pretend Conor will just fall over as soon as Khabib touches him. Conor has displayed some pretty clever, non-standard anti-wrestler strategies.

I don't think this fight is quite as one sided as a lot are making it out to be.

It’s not. Conor is the best fighter Khabib will ever have faced. Khabib is great too, of course. That’s what makes this fight so awesome.

Conor by TKO in the second.

While I pretty much agree with you, I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to show us the highlight real of Khabib's striking from the Iaquinta fight.

I'll just find something else to do instead of wait cuz there isn't one. While Khabib's striking has in fact improved, I'm not gonna say he's improved to the point of it being worth something.

No doubt, he can take anyone into sambo hell pretty much at will, his striking has not improved in the ways you'd expect someone fighting and training at his level would. It just hasn't.

Wasn't hard to find at all.

Doesn't lunge into his jabs. Lands several uppercuts. Incorporates a few high kicks. Has a decent 1-2. Much better than when he made his UFC debut.

Conor has displayed some pretty clever, non-standard anti-wrestler strategies.
How many wrestlers has he fought in his entire life? I can count only 2 wrestlers in 10 years and those were Chad and Eddie, the rest were strikers and BJJ guys. Chad was taking him down and GNP'ing him convincingly for 2 rounds. Conor stuffed Eddie's takedowns easily though, his TDD was on point there.

Imagine how sloppy Khabibs striking will be when he is rocked.
This won't be pretty. Won't be surprised if Conor knocks him down six times in the first three minutes

SomeShabbyBighornedsheep-size_restricted.gif

{<RR}<36>
Put yo money where yo mouth is

Wasn't hard to find at all.

Doesn't lunge into his jabs. Lands several uppercuts. Incorporates a few high kicks. Has a decent 1-2. Much better than when he made his UFC debut.

It was a joke. I didn't look and was half joking when I said there wasn't one.

Calling that a highlight real is also a joke so we're both a couple Jokers. It may have been a vid of his stand up from the fight, but a highlight real? Come on dude.

I agreed that his stand up has improved, but you really don't think he should be better after that long between the RDA and Iaquinta fights? I mean, think about where he trains and such when in the US? I mean, if I'm not mistaken, it's even called AKA, or the American Kickboxing Academy. I've been wrong about shit before though, so who knows.

You responded with that video acting like having found that means you found something worth calling a highlight real . Touche, I guess.

It was a joke. I didn't look and was half joking when I said there wasn't one.

Calling that a highlight real is also a joke so we're both a couple Jokers. It may have been a vid of his stand up from the fight, but a highlight real? Come on dude.

I agreed that his stand up has improved, but you really don't think he should be better after that long between the RDA and Iaquinta fights? I mean, think about where he trains and such when in the US? I mean, if I'm not mistaken, it's even called AKA, or the American Kickboxing Academy. I've been wrong about shit before though, so who knows.

You responded with that video acting like having found that means you found something worth calling a highlight real . Touche, I guess.
Why does his striking need to be much better than this? He's a grappler who lacks one shot KO power. Khabib has a good jab and a few reliable tools that he can use. I'd like for his combinations to be a bit more crisp but beyond that...whats the point?

Khabib is a grappler. One of the absolute best at what he does. Striking is not a priority. Striking is a risk. For his style, his striking is fine. It is flawed and still has room to grow but it is effective for what he needs.

That's just my opinion tho.

People talk about gas tanks... But khabibs looked very poor vs raging Al.

I don’t think enough people are giving Conor enough credit.

He’s beaten a very impressive list of very impressive fighters.

I don’t envision a scenario where khabib simply walks right through him, though i could be wrong.

And I am not particularly clear on why around here he is not being given enough credit. Is it simply that he beat the shit out of some of your favorite fighters or something? Because his resume is significantly better than the undefeated champion he is fighting. As a matter fact it’s not even close. The Russian has nothing but tomato cans on his resume outside of like one particular match up. Do people not understand this Russian literally took the belt off a can?? The champion wore sunglasses indoors so he took the belt off a can. I mean seriously.

Why does his striking need to be much better than this? He's a grappler who lacks one shot KO power. Khabib has a good jab and a few reliable tools that he can use. I'd like for his combinations to be a bit more crisp but beyond that...whats the point?

Khabib is a grappler. One of the absolute best at what he does. Striking is not a priority. Striking is a risk. For his style, his striking is fine. It is flawed and still has room to grow but it is effective for what he needs.

That's just my opinion tho.

I agree with that and actually said it in way less detail in my first reply to you. Without looking, I mentioned something about he can take anybody to sambo hell no problem. I agree that to facilitate his goal, to beast rape you on the ground, his stand up is ok.

But he comes in all stiff and tall when he closes the distance. These are the times in fights that Khabib does get popped, and in my opinion, if/when he eventually loses, it'll be cuz he gets ko'd, not cuz he's out-wrestled.

I don't believe for a second that McGregor stops his takedowns all match, but what if a fresh McGregor somehow does stuff a few early when his striking is still crisp? Every single fight starts on the feet.

AND FOR FUCKS SALES, HE TRAINS AT AK-fucking-A!!!!! YOU GOTTA AGREE A LITTLE THAT HE SHOULD ACCIDENTALLY EVEN BE A BETTER STRIKER THAN HE IS!!! As far as I know, combat sambo includes striking. You gotta agree a little that he sucks striking wise and he should be better for the simple fact that he does get hit.

I agree with that and actually said it in way less detail in my first reply to you. Without looking, I mentioned something about he can take anybody to sambo hell no problem. I agree that to facilitate his goal, to beast rape you on the ground, his stand up is ok.

But he comes in all stiff and tall when he closes the distance. These are the times in fights that Khabib does get popped, and in my opinion, if/when he eventually loses, it'll be cuz he gets ko'd, not cuz he's out-wrestled.

I don't believe for a second that McGregor stops his takedowns all match, but what if a fresh McGregor somehow does stuff a few early when his striking is still crisp? Every single fight starts on the feet.

AND FOR FUCKS SALES, HE TRAINS AT AK-fucking-A!!!!! YOU GOTTA AGREE A LITTLE THAT HE SHOULD ACCIDENTALLY EVEN BE A BETTER STRIKER THAN HE IS!!! As far as I know, combat sambo includes striking. You gotta agree a little that he sucks striking wise and he should be better for the simple fact that he does get hit.
Ironically AKA is mostly fully of wrestlers and dirty boxers so...yeah. I don't expect much else. It would be nice for Khabib to polish his striking a bit more (and he will) but everything will always revolve around his ground game.

Give Khabib a bit more time and his footwork, defense, and striking will improve a bit more. It is a slow crawl and one could argue that he should improve faster but the fact that there is steady improvement is what I really care about.

I agree that there are gaps there. I agree that he needs to improve. I just think that at the pace he is going, he will be ok.

Ironically AKA is mostly fully of wrestlers and dirty boxers so...yeah. I don't expect much else. It would be nice for Khabib to polish his striking a bit more (and he will) but everything will always revolve around his ground game.

Give Khabib a bit more time and his footwork, defense, and striking will improve a bit more. It is a slow crawl and one could argue that he should improve faster but the fact that there is steady improvement is what I really care about.

I agree that there are gaps there. I agree that he needs to improve. I just think that at the pace he is going, he will be ok.

I can dig that

Khabib has said he won't stand with Conor. He has nothing to prove to himself. He's just gonna put on the normal Khabib special.

It's more likely that he'll be more like he was early on against Al and MJ. throw very little, gauge distance, wait for an opening, pressure forward, ect ect.

*etc

so far,all of his opponents were thinking the same but none of them even won a round

This is funny. McGregor fans scouring old fights, trying to find something that gives them a glimmer of hope. Fear of what they KNOW will happen.

If this Conor shows up its going to be a loooong night.

aa73c134e0f834168937bb63482336a8
aa73c134e0f834168937bb63482336a8

Conor This is what he does on the feet when somebody makes the smallest of mistakes.

bTBuWWC.gif

This Russian is not exactly known for good striking or striking defense.
Alvarez said he got in there and tossed the gameplan right out the window. He decided to try to beat him standing up, which was just stupid. People do dumb shit when they fight Conor.

Conor This is what he does on the feet when somebody makes the smallest of mistakes.

bTBuWWC.gif

This Russian is not exactly known for good striking or striking defense.

He's actually known for having the best striking defense in the LW division.

Back