• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If these fighters retired, I'd stop watching UFC for good

None

I watched the sport well before any of these so-called "stars" were fighting.

I'll be watching the sport well after they're gone.

... or at least until a new exciting phenomenon resurrected the sport.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

What retirements would kill the sport for you?
None. I was watching MMA long before most of these guys started fighting. I'm a fan of Tank Abbott, Wanderlei Silva, Mike Brown, Carlos Condit and many more who don't fight anymore. I've never quit watching over any of them retiring. In fact, I WISH Canner would quit.

Pretty much all my favorites that got me into the sport have retired. I don't watch every single fight of every car anymore but I don't ever see myself completely losing interest in the sport.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

NINTCHDBPICT000747521744-1.jpg
I love martial arts don't care so much about the personality of fighters, I like to see the best Warriors in the world showing their fighting skills.

I will always love the UFC.

I watch a lot less than when I was younger but each card I do watch usually has a least a couple good fights. I liked the Moreno fight this past weekend and that Dober fight was awesome as well. So no, most of my favorites are already gone at this point.

I said the same when Dan Severn left UFC, but at least I could watch him win another 90+ times in MMA and win another 36 belts in different MMA orgs to go a long with all his UFC belts. So why limit yourself to the Ultimate, lots of MMA to watch.

None as I ama fan of MMA way more than any participant

I have seen many great fighters that I like retire in 20 years watching MMA and 30 boxing
The man in my AV is one of my 2 favourite ever sports stars and I never stopped watching football when he hung the boots up

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

NINTCHDBPICT000747521744-1.jpg

Never considered it.
Probably no one.

That said, if the favorites listed above moved over to competitive archery (or something,) would you drop MMA and start following that?

Conor is retired. He may talk on Twitter but I highly doubt he ever gets in the cage again.

Maybe another cash grab Floyd fight, but Conor is too big of a name to get an easy enough opponent to not HURT him at this point in the UFC.

Imagine an era where there were 2 major MMA organizations existing at one time. PPV’s were $40 a pop and xyience energy drink readily available. I lived that.

Not much to cheer for as it is imo

I’d miss

jiri
Yan
Yair
Izzy
Chimaev

I’ve stopped watching, it wasn’t an all at once thing

but all the good characters are gone and it seems like all that’s left is mens straweight and wmma

Fighter fandom does not dictate my interest in the sport

Back