If there was an option to mute commentators.

I would never do it during a live telecast. Sometimes they can impart information (cancelled fight, something that happened behind the scenes) that you simply cannot know about. Imagine watching Mosley vs Margarito and having NO idea what happened just before the fighters came to the ring.

It would def be a cool option on the re-watch, yes.

Not going to happen, the UFC commentary is mostly promotional spiel they want people to have to listen to.

Agreed. Did you see the number of advertisements plastered all over the Octagon, last PPV. It is the worst I have ever seen. I first noticed Coinbase or crypto.com, or whatever scam operation is throwing money at sponsorship. Then I noticed Bud Light (which must be throwing huge bank to the UFC in attempt to regain some market popularity after their major blunder and handling of their situation last year) plastered all over the cage, as well. Then I noticed that I had never seen so many square inches of the octagon covered in logos and other bullshit.

And then you STILL have to get Jon Anik throwing in verbal marketing/commercials during the fights, between rounds, etc. Shit is crazy. You aren't getting the option to mute Jon Anik telling you who the official coffees, crypto exchanges, or beers of the UFC are.

Reactions: 666
That girl is 2-11 in MMA (0-4 in bare knuckle, 0-2 in boxing) and is currently ranked #45 in the world at 105 lbs despite not having an MMA fight in over 5 years.

She just fought again in BKFC like a week or two ago, they keep bringing her in even though she's on a 99 fight losing streak. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I would never do it during a live telecast. Sometimes they can impart information (cancelled fight, something that happened behind the scenes) that you simply cannot know about. Imagine watching Mosley vs Margarito and having NO idea what happened just before the fighters came to the ring.

It would def be a cool option on the re-watch, yes.

For those type of things they can pop an announcement message on the bottom. Anything major/very much out of the ordinary they can deal with that way.

It would be a great option to have, why not give us the choice?. I personally like watching the fights but seeing what sherdoggers are saying on the playbyplay thread, its much better, I can interact with them and they are a lot more coherent than the UFC paid announcers, plus most of the vets on here know way more.

For those type of things they can pop an announcement message on the bottom. Anything major/very much out of the ordinary they can deal with that way.
They dont and they wont.

They dont want people to watch live telecasts with no commentary and that option will never be available. They have narratives to push and ppvs to sell.

If it was an option i hope they could track and release the data on how many people chose to block it. For science

I think Fight Pass used to have the option to turn commentary off, also other audio options like red corner/blue corner, ect.
This I agree with 1000%

but for live stuff it will never be a thing nor should it.

They dont and they wont.

They dont want people to watch live telecasts with no commentary and that option will never be available. They have narratives to push and ppvs to sell.

Yes of course I just responded to your comment about why you wouldn't want it on a live watch which I saw solutions to. This whole thread is just us having fun & talking shit, as always.

Reactions: HHJ
Yes of course I just responded to your comment about why you wouldn't want it on a live watch which I saw solutions to. This whole thread is just us having fun & talking shit, as always.
Fite me IRL (with commentary)

I think Fight Pass used to have the option to turn commentary off, also other audio options like red corner/blue corner, ect.

I never managed to find those options when I was subbed. I desperately was looking to switch to Spanish commentary but seemed like I had to signed up in a Spanish speaking country or something.

Back