If Robbie Lawler beats Tyron, then beats Wonderboy...

Seeing as he is most likely never going to fight GSP, he'll never get to make that claim, nor will he be able to claim WW GOAT, when he got a gift decision in his last fight and has arguably lost all his title fights except for Rory.

I don't even know if I could put him ahead of Hughes. With his splits, is he even #3? Not sure I would necessarily put him ahead of Shields, either.

That said, I like him way, way more than Shields or asswipe Hughes. Hope he KTFOs this undeserving clown, Woodley.

I'd have to put Hughes over Lawler as well. Robbie might provide the more entertaining fights though.

Shields is another guy who would have a good shot at beating Robbie. (I'd probably pick him as the favourite, in fact.)

I don't think Robbie would make the same mistake he made the first time they fought. I'd favor Lawler. Shields is dangerous though. Grappling anyway.

IF Robbie gets past Tyron, then Wonderboy...that would be impressive. Its not impossible but maybe not probable.

At that point its time to call out GSP and Nick Diaz.

Neil Magny is in the hunt as well. Damian Maia needs to beat a top-5 opponent for once, but he's right there too.

Each fight is its own entity, but with each defense I have to think odds Lawler continues are shrinking.

true. I was going more for their similar movement.

Yeah. If you aren't equipped to take Wonderboy down, I think it's a long night for anyone (and at this point, I'm not even certain there's a WW who is equipped to take him down without paying a very heavy price for his efforts).

Who do you see bearing him?

I really hope Robbie beats Tyron at ufc 201 (As he is a fun champ)

Then if he faces and beats Wonderboy that will be impressive as he is seen as the nightmare match up.

Who would be the one to bear Robbie then?

It should be Condit, particularly as he got stiffed by the score cards - he beat Lawler 3 rounds to 2 in their first match up, no doubts.

GSP won' T be the WW GOAT after this Saturday.

That's just plain silly. Have you seen GSP fight? The technical display during his performances in his fights completely out do anything Lawler has ever done. Let alone the difference in number of title defenses.

That's just plain silly. Have you seen GSP fight? The technical display during his performances in his fights completely out do anything Lawler has ever done. Let alone the difference in number of title defenses.
GSP had super strong gymnastic built legs made for takedowns, but he was as boring as Askren. Striking he was nothing special, otherwise he would have stood with Diaz or even Hardy. The WW GOAT is in the process of being replaced by one who is far more exciting. Once GSP's strengths on the ground were nullified by Hendricks it was clear he was nothing more than serviceable on the feet. Serviceable on the feet is not enough to beat today's welterweights who have better TDD than Condit and Diaz.

Shields is another guy who would have a good shot at beating Robbie. (I'd probably pick him as the favourite, in fact.)

He already has a win over Robbie back in 09. Subbed him in the first.

I'd have to put Hughes over Lawler as well. Robbie might provide the more entertaining fights though.

Oh absolutely Lawler does. I like Lawler and have always hated Hughes but the guy was a great champ.

Back